• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT| Memes Galore

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
hw7YKXv.jpg

RoadHazard

Gold Member
You can solid IEMs for like $30. $100 or more, you should be looking at over ear unless you're a musician or a weird IEM guy.

$30 ones can be decent, but once you've gone high end you can't go back. There's a big difference. ($100 isn't really high end either though, more like mid range.) Talking wired here, if you want wireless the price obviously goes up (can't imagine any $30 wireless buds being even decent).

But yeah, over-ears will give you better sound in general. But do you really want that on commutes etc? I only use cans at home.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
$30 ones can be decent, but once you've gone high end you can't go back. There's a big difference. ($100 isn't really high end either though, more like mid range.) Talking wired here, if you want wireless the price obviously goes up (can't imagine any $30 wireless buds being even decent).

But yeah, over-ears will give you better sound in general. But do you really want that on commutes etc? I only use cans at home.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

RoadHazard

Gold Member

A bit funny that you would have all that gear but then recommend $30 IEMs. 🤔 Maybe you just don't like them in general!

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
Iol I don't like in ear headphones, I only own over ear headphones by Sennheiser. I just found the meme funny.

Baby Reaction GIF

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
A bit funny that you would have all that gear but then recommend $30 IEMs. 🤔 Maybe you just don't like them in general!
Correct, I am not an IEM guy at all. I've moved away from headphones entirely unless I am traveling.

Iol I don't like in ear headphones, I only own over ear headphones by Sennheiser. I just found the meme funny.

Baby Reaction GIF
Senn is a great brand.

Reallink

Isn't Sennheiser actually NOT Sennheiser anymore? At least their consumer stuff?

Edit: I might be thinking of AKG.

Edit 2: Or both?

Sennheiser was bought by some hearing aid conglomerate, not sure what they did with their facilities and people. AKG has been owned by the Harman conglomerate (Harman Kardon, JBL, Infinity, Revel, AKG, etc) for decades, but Harman was semi-recently bought out by Samsung. They still operate mostly unchanged though AFAIK, Samsung didn't close/fire everything and just buy the brands (for now at least).

Last edited:
Top Bottom