• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pictures and videos that make your hands sweat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
tom-cruise-Burj-Khalifa-845x1024.jpg

Those pictures. Definitely those pictures. Heights also make my balls tingle.

Though I have to admit, if I had a parachute, some of that looks like fun.

Rudelord

I wonder how these people climb all these things without struggling.

Surely their huge balls must weigh them down immensely.

but for real though fuck all that, I have a crippling fear of heights and I can't even stand on a ladder without getting dizzy

Do y'all's hands actually sweat looking at pictures or is it just a figure of speech? I can't immerse myself enough into a photo or animated gif to the point it makes me feel anxious.

This is fascinating. I was gonna say 'no' because I didn't even know this was a thing. But then I looked at my hands and they were fucking sweating. (Might be a coincidence.)

So many climbing/roof hopping pics and gifs in this thread, here's something different that makes me anxious.

A cloud of space dust so unfathomably huge. My mind literally cannot comprehend the sheer size of it. Something like this could wipe out our entire solar system in the blink of an eye, grind it into oblivion, and the universe would carry on, without any evidence that humans beings were ever a part of it.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/...ion-view-of-iconic-pillars-of-creation-photo/
Although the original image was dubbed the “Pillars of Creation”, this new image hints that they are also pillars of destruction. The dust and gas in these pillars is seared by intense radiation from the young stars forming within them, and eroded by strong winds from massive nearby stars. The ghostly bluish haze around the dense edges of the pillars in the visible-light view is material that is being heated by bright young stars and evaporating away.
Evaporating away.

Rival

Gold Member
So many climbing/roof hopping pics and gifs in this thread, here's something different that makes me anxious.

A cloud of space dust so unfathomably huge. My mind literally cannot comprehend the sheer size of it. Something like this could wipe out our entire solar system in the blink of an eye, grind it into oblivion, and the universe would carry on, without any evidence that humans beings were ever a part of it.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/...ion-view-of-iconic-pillars-of-creation-photo/

Evaporating away.

What makes my hands sweat even more is that these were destroyed some thousand years ago by an exploding supernova and we just can't see it yet. Or that if a civilization was suddenly there looking in our direction they couldn't see us for 7000 years. But whats even more crazy is how that's the equivalent of a tiny practically immeasurable distance when compared to the true vastness that is space.

YaBish

ONE OF THESE DAYS I hope that that all those climbing videos also show when they GET DOWN.

Is there any?
Checkout James Kingston on YouTube. He has some climbing down videos. It's not actually that exciting for the most part. Then again, I'm not afraid of heights at all really.

G.O.O.

Can't find it right now, but this vid where this guy is working in a snake pit, when a cobra shifts in attack position and the guy responds by slapping the shit out of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom