• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ping needs a new mouse

Well after my dear intellimouse explorer 3.0 started going wonky after a good 2 years of use (it kept double clicking grr) i got the 4.0, whilst compared to the 3.0 its pretty poor i cudn't for the life of me. But within 6months its starting to go wonky its not responding to single clicks rather often. So it seems now is the time for a new mouse.

So whats everyones feeling on the logitech mx510, i do play quite a few fps's, i like a taught wheel (ala 3.0) as the wheel on the 4.0 is far too loose for my liking.

Or if you're looking to save a couple dollars, the MX310 also rules as its identical except for a few less buttons and slightly different shape. It has 5 buttons and for me, better ergonomics. I didn't care for the relaxed feel of the 500 and 700s. The 310 is more tense and when they went from 300 to 310, they added the extra side buttons. LOVE this mouse. Used to hate opticals because I would easily get them to loose focus, but these mice rule. And the innards of 300/500/700 are identical. Same optics.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
MX700 = Best cordless mouse
MX510 = Best corded mouse
Ratpadz GS = Best mousepad

This thread is done.

EDIT: Yes it's done.

Well I'll hold by my opinion that you need to test these in a store because I'd take the 310 over the 510 even if the prices were reveresed.

Bregor

DJ Demon J said:
Not quite yet; is this the Bluetooth mouse or is it just infrared?

The mx700 is radio frequency but not bluetooth. (The Bluetooth is largely useless anyway unless you need a bluetooth hub.)

Trackball.jpg

Software Hot-Swapping Programability

http://www.razerzone.com/products/drivers.html

Razor makes optical mice now too. And while I'm not sure the average user is gonna see any benefit over the MX, a review I read awhile ago was very impressed (especially if you game at resolutions like 1600*1200).

So if you wanna spend more money than the MX310, at least these will give you more performance for the money:) :) :)

El Papa

TekunoRobby said:
MX700 = Best cordless mouse
MX510 = Best corded mouse
Ratpadz GS = Best mousepad

This thread is done.

EDIT: Yes it's done.

^^Everything is right except for the pad, I use my MX700 with the fUnc pad 1030, awsome double-sided pad. It has a slick surface and rougher more tractioned surface.

http://www.func.net/index.html

EDIT: Ryu beat my to the punch! lol11!!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
El Papa said:
^^Everything is right except for the pad, I use my MX700 with the fUnc pad 1030, awsome double-sided pad. It has a slick surface and rougher more tractioned surface.

http://www.func.net/index.html
Thank you, that shall be my next mousing surface. To be honest I said that in order to bait people to refute me and to reccomend other pads. I was being dirty, I apologize.

The Ratpadz is still excellent though, a worthy purchase. I'd have to compare the two though.

EDIT: Counting you two, I've been reccomended this pad by 8 people so far.

Xkiko

El Papa said:

I agree func surely is the best and it comes with nice metallic box. (Cool eh?)

Ryu

Chittagong said:
mouse.jpg

Buttons are a fad.

... The whole mouse is a button. That doesn't make it any less part of the "fad." In fact, it's the most impractical mouse in use today.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Ryu said:
... The whole mouse is a button. That doesn't make it any less part of the "fad." In fact, it's the most impractical mouse in use today.

I've been using one since they came around early 2000s, and I still love it. If you can live without quick menu buttons or scroll things - like one with OSX easily can - it's great. In this case, like many others (but not in the 2.5 hours case though), I choose form over function.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
In my heavy heavy usage of Macs for work and other nonsense I've come to dread that mouse. For both work and play it's horrible, I've come to depend so much on the ability to use two fingers to make work quicker.

Stryder

Just a suggestion here to consider using the Icemat as a mousing surface, it's a bit annoying how it can get dusty some of the time, but other than that, it's soo much smoother than any other surface I've tried (fUNC and Ratpadz included).

SKluck

Banned
I've used the Logitech Wingman mousepad for a few years now. They don't sell them anymore, and even back then I had to get it directly from logitech, its great, but now its full of dust and shit and they are impossible to find.

Top Bottom