• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plastic Sleeves for game storage?

Hi Gaf,

I'm currently using Plastic sleeves to store my games, which I believe is okay. Every now and then, some dust would get on top of the plastic sleeves, so I decided to store the games, still inside the plastic sleeve, inside a plastic storage to prevent dust.

I'm asking if this is okay without having any long term issues. I believe paper-back sleeves would eventually cause scratches, hence why I decided to go with plastic instead.

I did wanted to use those Caselogic DVD/CD Wallets, but heard that it can cause scratches. I can't use jewel cases and other things similar to it due to space issues.

Here's what I purchased: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Premium...ns-/180878240564?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

Thanks!

Stevey

I had a load of CDs like that in my car and they got scratched to hell.
Maybe it was due to moving around in the car but still.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I would personally not use them for CD/DVD (unless there is very little moving around), BluRay will not be an issue. It has a hardened anti scratch coating that can take a lot of abuse.

yeah- if you're looking for pristine, basically anything that touches the faces of the disc isn't a good idea. I've tried all kinds of cases/methods. Good luck with the search!

Iorv3th

I use one for games I have that don't have a jewel case. PSX/Dreamcast games and haven't had a problem with scratches at all. Though they just sit in one place and very rarely get taken out. What about the cases the games come in?

NeoFaff

How do you see which game is which? ��
Take out the paper with the logo and reverse it. The back has space for writing which CD is where. Looks similar to this but with 5 columns instead of 4:
new_71065119_l_730.jpeg

Their website has a pdf template you can download if you want to reorganise later.

Gren

I honestly for got these even exist! Is it okay to put the games on top of each other with the slim jewel cases with no scratches?

Used to store my games that way during college. They still look okay, save for the accumulated dust rings from spinning in the drive so much. So long as nothing applies any direct pressure on it (i.e. like pressing your finger down onto the case), the disc surface doesn't really come into contact with the case.

Worst case, you could just keep them vertically aligned like books in your storage case.

NeoRausch

Take out the paper with the logo and reverse it. The back has space for writing which CD is where. Looks similar to this but with 5 columns instead of 4:
new_71065119_l_730.jpeg

Their website has a pdf template you can download if you want to reorganise later.

Huh.... Hmmmm.... That's not bad!

I honestly for got these even exist! Is it okay to put the games on top of each other with the slim jewel cases with no scratches?

I don't see why not, if you're worried about the weight you could mostly store them vertically next to each other in a box. They definitely protect them much better than sleeves or these caselogic things, and you can buy exactly as many as you need. Since it's hard plastic you'd have to use a lot of force to scratch one.

End of the day, dust isn't going to do anything terrible to your discs anyway, as long as you clean them.

It certainly isn't going to do anything to the discs if the dust is just going "on top of the plastic sleeves."

I wouldn't be so worried about it.

End of the day, dust isn't going to do anything terrible to your discs anyway, as long as you clean them.

It certainly isn't going to do anything to the discs if the dust is just going "on top of the plastic sleeves."

I wouldn't be so worried about it.

Thanks! I initially that dust debris could cause scratches, but I learned something new today :)

Top Bottom