• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games announces Hideki Kamiya-directed hero game Project G.G.

NAI1210

Almost certainly. The Platinum 4 website has 2.26.2020 listed under the second star now which matches up with the Famitsu release date.
Yes indeed it is teaser trailer is on the platinum 4 website.
It actually says project gg, a go-go but looks nothing like viewtiful Joe.

Rat Rage

FC8qCs0.gif

LET'S GET HYPE, BITCHES!!

Last edited:

plushyp

But where will Kamiya get the time to direct the game as he's always busy blocking the entirety of twitter...

KOMANI

KOMANI
Platinum's riff on Ultraman or something along those lines. I love kaiju stuff. I wonder if it will go for the same crazy fast action of their other games or maybe something slower paced usually with 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 scenarios, yet just as technical & counting things like collateral damage and stuff.

Lol @ the hateroids, as if Platinum has done anything to doubt them for, even their shoddy low budget licensed contracted stuff like Transformers have better combat than 99% of the AAA melee combat games and you think they'll fail at their own solo gig? That's just crazy, ignorant hot takes.
That Turtles game though....

Bryank75

Banned
His last good game was the original Devil May Cry.
Yup, none of the people outside Miyamoto that he mentioned even have a great track record.

Kojima is better than all of them but because he is working closely with PlayStation.... You'll get push back.

I'd rate Yoko Taro higher than most of the others.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Project Gamer Gate :messenger_face_screaming:
I can't wait for him to be cancelled.

Seriously though, if it is a new project by Kamiya then I'm all in day one.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Based on MC uniform it will probably closer to Ultraman. The sound effect also sounded a lot similar to Ultraman transformation device.
You are right and I think Gridman SSS is collaboration between Utra series and studio Trigger.

Last edited:
I liked what I watched. The font is crappy but I imagine it's just a placeholder.

I haven't played many games where you get to be kaiju-sized but I did very much enjoy piloting the mech in EDF 4.1. Quite stoked to see PlatinumGames take on it.

Hope we get some epic music + epic city destruction. If I can't wield a monorail like a pair of nunchucks while bashing in the skull of giant kaiju aliens, then I will be disappointed.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I liked what I watched. The font is crappy but I imagine it's just a placeholder.

I haven't played many games where you get to be kaiju-sized but I did very much enjoy piloting the mech in EDF 4.1. Quite stoked to see PlatinumGames take on it.
Thats what kind of throw me off, I liked the teaser itself but why use such ugly font!?

Thats what kind of throw me off, I liked the teaser itself but why use such ugly font!?
Kamiya put it in on purpose so that anyone who tweets him about "that crappy font" will get blocked.

Then as more people get blocked, there's a bigger incentive for them to unite up for Mission 12 (Kamiya unblocks everyone!).

Just joking. Go and look at the font used for Astral Chain's title card in the reveal last January; I assume fonts are decided upon after most everything else has been nailed down.

Belmonte

I like these old japanese heroes like Kamen Rider, Changeman and Jiraya a lot, pretty cool aesthetic but never was too found of these giant battles.

Its Kamiya directing though so obviously I'm in.

Terenty

What was his last good game? I just know that nobody gives Platinum big budgets...maybe theres a reason for that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom