• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games explains Bayonetta 3’s E3 no-show

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Source at Videogameschronicle.com

Asked if fans should be worried by Bayonetta 3’s E3 2019 absence, studio head Atsushi Inaba told VGC at E3 this week:
No, development is actually going quite well. Games aren’t usually done in a year or two… it takes a while. That’s all. Things are going well and I know a lot of people are asking for it. Giving updates for everything at E3 isn’t the smartest PR strategy to begin with,” he added. “So just because we’re not showing it here doesn’t mean it’s not going well.”
Asked if the 18 month silence since the game was announced was indicative of the studio’s grand ambitions for the title, Inaba agreed.
“Yes, it’s going to be a high quality title and we’re putting our all into it. That is what you’re seeing [with the silence].”
The studio head previously revealed that Platinum is trying to move away from “an orthodox development process” with Bayonetta 3.
The game’s development team has learned enough from creating the first two entries in the series to improve its approach, Inaba said.
---

Well, it's not much of an answer, but it's an answer.

Why did this even need an explanation? They have a console exclusive that's coming out soon that people had a ton of questions about. Astral Chain needed explanation and coverage after it's initially well received trailer, and that's exactly what Platinum and Nintendo have given it. What sense would it make for them to then cast Bayonetta's shadow over it? Let them focus on one thing at a time as far as what they want to show and promote. This day and age has gotten silly with wanting news updates constantly and ignoring common sense practices.

Enjay

Banned
They needed to assure people they weren't fired or had their contract terminated or whatever again possibly.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I would have liked to see something from Bayonetta 3 but I got Astral Chain and have you seen the gameplay footage at treehouse in day 2? My fucking god it looked sooooo good, its my most hyped game this year.

ExpandKong

Banned
Why did this even need an explanation? They have a console exclusive that's coming out soon that people had a ton of questions about. Astral Chain needed explanation and coverage after it's initially well received trailer, and that's exactly what Platinum and Nintendo have given it. What sense would it make for them to then cast Bayonetta's shadow over it? Let them focus on one thing at a time as far as what they want to show and promote. This day and age has gotten silly with wanting news updates constantly and ignoring common sense practices.

I did find it a little unusual that Bayo 3 was announced and then Astral Chain was revealed and will most likely be released before our next look at Bayo 3.

Jubenhimer

It's kind of obvious why its not there. Nintendo isn't the type of company to reveal games until they're as close to release as possible. The only exceptions being games that fans have been clamoring for like BotW sequel and MP4.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
cool, yeah Nintendo likes to usually not reveal games until there is something to show or a release date to announce. good to hear it is under construction, i enjoyed the first two and am looking forward to it!

hope they bring back Enzo from 1, i missed him in 2.

I would have liked to see something from Bayonetta 3 but I got Astral Chain and have you seen the gameplay footage at treehouse in day 2? My fucking god it looked sooooo good, its my most hyped game this year.

I have a feeling that Bayo 3 might be quite different from it's linear focus point in the first two titles. Remember how Kamiya was tweeting about how he had some thoughts about how DMCV should progress?

It will be a character action game for sure but I wouldn't surprised if they're trying to move it away from the linear (enter a room, kill everything, progress) approach.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I have a feeling that Bayo 3 might be quite different from it's linear focus point in the first two titles. Remember how Kamiya was tweeting about how he had some thoughts about how DMCV should progress?

It will be a character action game for sure but I wouldn't surprised if they're trying to move it away from the linear (enter a room, kill everything, progress) approach.
I would love see more open level design (not open world) to do some exploration and I agree, it feels like Bayo 3 will very different than first two games. I for one very excited, I highly enjoyed first two games on WiiU and bought it again on my Switch.

Top Bottom