• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Jebusman

Banned
I really do wish the hitching would stop. Had someone jump off of a staircase to try and get the jump on me and the game hitched the moment he came into view. I just fired wildly forward and by the time the game caught up he was dead and I wasn't (barely).

It's actually kind of telling that the game only seems to hitch when someone else is around. Sort of a giveaway.

Do lag switches still work in this game or something?

I got down to the last other player in a solo game, snuck up on him, started shooting him in the back, and then the game just -happened- to lag out and i just -happened- to be dead as soon as it fixed itself.

AAAAAGH

steamuserimages-a.akaiduw9.png

Easily my most crushing defeat yet. I fought hard for this one.

Jebusman

Banned
Do lag switches still work in this game or something?

I got down to the last other player in a solo game, snuck up on him, started shooting him in the back, and then the game just -happened- to lag out and i just -happened- to be dead as soon as it fixed itself.

The lag deaths have been real the last day or so. I'm unloading entire mags into people only for them to kill me 2 seconds later instantly.

Just started playing last night. Really enjoy hiding like a big baby.

Had two super close calls. One was in a bathroom. Heard someone pull up in a car, pointed my shotgun at the door ready to go. Then someone else pulled up and shot the other player. They then sped off.

Second time was in a bedroom with my partner. There was no door so we sat in the corners of the room. They went in every single room apart from that bedroom - hilarious! Saw him move in to the room adjacent.

Haven't been so successful in fire fights but I can hide with the best of them! Got to 13th and 10th place respectively just by hiding.

Tagyhag

Ugh, it's so disheartening when a chicken dinner is basically decided by the blue wall placement.

It was a 50/50 shot that it would go to an area that I couldn't climb, or an area where I was the only one at the chokepoint and it was the former.

XxCGSxX

After placing 2nd place 2 times yesterday and multiple top 10 solo placing this week, I finally got my first Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! This game is so intense my heartbeat and adrenaline was through the roof. I need a break lol.

Kalentan

2nd Duo win 2 days in a row!

We had a lot of really shitty matches but then we managed to win!

We got stuck in a house due to the barrier and the last area was the wheat field. In a last ditch effort we ran out and didn't get shot at cause the 2 other guys were busy shooting each other and then I got the final shot.

chickendinnerasia.jpg

Second chicken dinner ! And with a bloody SMG !

I didn't fire a shot until being in top 3, the first kill was a hit-and-run. I just crawl my way into the final circle with smoke, one guy was hiding kind of far and the other was crawling until my position. The hiding guy starting shooting the other guy, i wait the other one to be like at 15 meter and finish him off. Then it was particularly tricky because the other guy was at almost 100 meter with a Scar and i had a SMG. He almost killed me but the circle killed him first xD

Scotch

Any difference between the Red Dot Sight and Holographic sight besides visuals? I know in real life the holographic is the more advanced sight, but can't tell any difference in this game. I kinda prefer the Red Dot because it obscures less of the view.

And what are you guys' thoughts on P92 vs M1911 ?

And vertical grip vs angled grip?

Any difference between the Red Dot Sight and Holographic sight besides visuals? I know in real life the holographic is the more advanced sight, but can't tell any difference in this game. I kinda prefer the Red Dot because it obscures less of the view.

I prefer holo but I think it's purely preference.

And if you have to use a pistol odds are good you're already dead.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Was in a doubles match yesterday, got 2nd place, the final kill in the game was somebody shooting me in the head with a crossbow. Just waiting for the video to surface.

lazerfox

Obligatory first chicken dinner screenshot..

Man I love and hate this game. Sometimes you feel like a god and other times you empty a mag on a guy just to watch him 1 tap you.

Hope they will find a good solution for all the networking problems.

GodofWine

I finished 99th in a match last night...jumped, landed, got superman punched.

Then I finished 4th after a grueling "I started on the totally wrong side and flipped my stupid truck over" type match. Thank god for finding energy drinks and painkillers along the horrible march to what must have been the 3rd or 4th white circle before I was 'safe'

Bread

Banned

Red dot feels way nicer, like you said it's a cleaner view. Holographic and 2x are my least favorite sights.

Twookie

I too like red dot a lot better because it obscures less than with holo (which is why I favor red dot over 2x and sometimes even 4x). There's no real difference apart from preference really.

M1911 deals more damage which is why I like it better than P92, but honestly I don't really use pistols enough to have a more standout opinion.

I saw a video of someone comparing all attachments, and the difference between vertical grip and angled grip were very minimal. I like to use the vertical grip more though since I think it looks cooler.

creatchee

Any other Slick Daddy Club members in here?

I am a member of sdc, got my black on slate black blazer and red bowtie last month.

Raaauuulllllll

C-JrvQ-V0AAe11E.jpg

Boy I wish I could get a damn solo game win. Duos go great but the second place finishes in solos are soul(o)-crushing

Got my pony tail all nice and wet with vasoline.

Doc has singlehandedly justified the existence of Twitch. His channel should be automatically added to everyone's Twitch accounts like they did with Tom on MySpace

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I am dying to play this, but my PC is basically a "TV Only" kinda set up designed for big picture mode. Not sure I can enjoy this with a controller. Might just download and return it if I hate it.

TheRed

I am dying to play this, but my PC is basically a "TV Only" kinda set up designed for big picture mode. Not sure I can enjoy this with a controller. Might just download and return it if I hate it.

Give in to the Couchmaster
http://www.steigerdynamics.com/products-couchmaster-features

Best investment I've ever made.

Or Steam Controller. It of course has a real big learning curve coming from other controls but in my opinion is very very worth it. While Battlegrounds has needed more tweaking to sensitivities than any other games I play due all the different engagement distances, I still don't think I have it perfected but it's very playable and fun already. Have over 100 hours in Battlegrounds using it and hundreds of hours with it in Rainbow Six Siege. Thousand plus hours in other games. One of my most satisfied PC purchases ever.

Here's a vid of me using it and getting some kills that I recorded last week, I don't stack up to the best players on mouse and keyboard for sure but for the most part I am almost on their level in terms of aim and almost never feel at a disadvantage against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvGbZ9F1XNo&t=239s

Doc has singlehandedly justified the existence of Twitch. His channel should be automatically added to everyone's Twitch accounts like they did with Tom on MySpace

The dude is amazing. Best streamer I've ever seen. I'll be giving him my free Twitch prime account from now until the end of time.

I think I'm out of my funk (I also figured out I was coming down with a nasty bug these last couple days which I'm over now). 6 kills and died at Number 2 because I assumed the last guy sounded like they were ahead of me to the right but I guess they were somehow behind me?

Unless there was a single pixel where my face was visible between a tree, rock, and UAZ.

-Deimos

Imagine my surprise when I load up the game and see my brother's character. What a stupid change for family shared accounts.

MUnited83

For you.
Can anyone recommend a good streamer (Twitch or preferably Youtube) to watch for this game, perhaps someone who manages to win some firefights here and there without feeling completely OP? Someone with some humor even? Cheers!

I've been enjoying Austin and Patrick doing their Breakfast and Battlegrounds daily episodes but (A) I need more and (B) they seem to lose pretty much each actual encounter. Giant Bomb's coverage, while also nice, seems to have run its course for now and suffered from (B) as well.

Man, even watching this game is quite addicting!

I guess he might technically be considered OP, but I heartly recommend Grimmmz. Great player, chill stream and even the chat can be decent.

Wrellie

Neo Member
Can anyone recommend a good streamer (Twitch or preferably Youtube) to watch for this game, perhaps someone who manages to win some firefights here and there without feeling completely OP? Someone with some humor even? Cheers!

I've been enjoying Austin and Patrick doing their Breakfast and Battlegrounds daily episodes but (A) I need more and (B) they seem to lose pretty much each actual encounter. Giant Bomb's coverage, while also nice, seems to have run its course for now and suffered from (B) as well.

Man, even watching this game is quite addicting!

I definitely agree with the VissGames and Anthony Kongphan recommendations. Anthony is amazing to watch when he is solo because he just hunts people down. No sitting around at all. Had 23 kills one night and was funny the whole time. Another person not mentioned who perfectly fits what you asked for (not totally OP and humor) is Halifax. He plays with Viss a lot in duos, but when he is solo and especially on Friday nights he is a ton of fun to watch. Very chill personality and always in a good mood. Last Friday featured motorcycle backflips galore.

Top Bottom