• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

warheat

i7 6600U + R7 m360. Is this good enough to run PUBG? I don't mind low resolution (720p or even lower) as long as I got decent fps, doesn't need constant 60 either.

i7 6600U + R7 m360. Is this good enough to run PUBG? I don't mind low resolution (720p or even lower) as long as I got decent fps, doesn't need constant 60 either.

I have the AMD 390 and can only get 45ish fps, tbh, but I'm *also* on a 2500 i5 cpu. Not sure which is the bigger bottleneck!

EDIT: The timer is like, the least useful thing, I would think. It's a horrendous idea to constantly have the circle right at your back, so who cares if it tells you the last second before it hurts you?

shiyrley

Banned
Remember you can buy and then refund if the game doesn't run well. You have 14 days but you need to have less than 2 hours played

BigDes

Regardless of whether you think that PUBGSumo thing is cheating or not, it looks like a massive crutch and one that will hinder you learning the game in the long term

Good for a short term boost, not great for long time play.

You don't need it.

Vipu

Banned
Regardless of whether you think that PUBGSumo thing is cheating or not, it looks like a massive crutch and one that will hinder you learning the game in the long term

Good for a short term boost, not great for long time play.

You don't need it.

Circle timer and when is last chance to heal are things that can be used no matter how long you have played.
Rest of the features are not really needed when you know the basics.

Divius

After a weeks hiatus I return to a quick game ending in a #2 spot. I hit the final guy 3 times but he took me out in return immediately.* That sucked, but I'm glad I ended up at #2 regardless. Kind of forgot what kind of rush this game gives you in the top 10.

I blame this on the numerous Jack'n'Cokes I consumed this evening

Zomba13

OK FUCK THIS GAME.

Fuck this fucking piece of shit fucking fuck.

I drop into a place. I'm the only one apart from a guy who pulled their shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early and is drifting down. So I go looking for a gun to kill him when he lands.

Three full buildings AND NO WEAPON AT ALL and he lands right on an M16 and kills me with it.

Seriously, is there something I need to do to get a gun when I land and there is someone else planning to land somewhere near me in 1 minute? Because every single fucking fucking fucking time anyone lands within a million miles of me I get NO GUN and they get a fucking arsenal.

Also, is there a way to stop matchmaking after you click the button in frustration and forget to reset all the settings?

EDIT: Welp, decided to play at AS Solo game (instead of EU Solo (FPP) ) and got my first chicken dinner (after 89hrs).
5B8267EA7AAFD3E34BAF3FFC66BC156C346AE6C6

Tokubetsu

This isn't really the answer when you're already landing in a nearly isolated area and 3+ buildings don't have a single weapon. Sometimes you just have really bad luck.

So...you calm down and change it up next game. RNG is part of the game. No use getting mad over the vast number of variable you cannot control in this game...it's part of the charm.

Even guys like Shroud have unsalvageable starts.

Laputa_94

Played for the first time in a week and got in a match with a cheater who killed 80% of the people in the match before the first circle closed in. First time I've had something like this happen.

Zomba13

calm down and change your landing game plan next game

My landing plan usually is "Get away from the people dropping". I guess my plan should be land in a field away from all buildings and potential weapons? I'm already trying to get as far from the flight path as possible but it doens't matter. If one person drops in the same town/village/complex/whatever as me I still can't find a weapon in those cases.

Wubbys

got a water crate early m249 got 10 kills and finished second. i went to stand from prone in final circle just as he charged me didnt even get a shot off. fml.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
any tips for a beginner? i play on my own.

i'm only 3 hours played so far but struggling to keep interested. i am enjoying it but i am useless when trying to defend myself. if i can actually see the person shooting at me i'm still lucky to get a shot at them. i just feel like i'm dying instantly.

Bread

Banned
any tips for a beginner? i play on my own.

i'm only 3 hours played so far but struggling to keep interested. i am enjoying it but i am useless when trying to defend myself. if i can actually see the person shooting at me i'm still lucky to get a shot at them. i just feel like i'm dying instantly.
Drop at busy areas to get comfortable with being in combat. Once you can win some 1 on 1s then worry about trying to win a game.

OK FUCK THIS GAME.

Fuck this fucking piece of shit fucking fuck.

I drop into a place. I'm the only one apart from a guy who pulled their shoot waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early and is drifting down. So I go looking for a gun to kill him when he lands.

Three full buildings AND NO WEAPON AT ALL and he lands right on an M16 and kills me with it.

Seriously, is there something I need to do to get a gun when I land and there is someone else planning to land somewhere near me in 1 minute? Because every single fucking fucking fucking time anyone lands within a million miles of me I get NO GUN and they get a fucking arsenal.

Also, is there a way to stop matchmaking after you click the button in frustration and forget to reset all the settings?

EDIT: Welp, decided to play at AS Solo game (instead of EU Solo (FPP) ) and got my first chicken dinner (after 89hrs).

If I land somewhere with other people and I can't find a gun in like 20 seconds I run away empty-handed. Chances are they didn't get a gun and a scope that fast.

I fucking hate how this game KNOWS when I've made a stupid mistake.

I'm sitting in a spot. Nobody around. Circle isn't closing in yet. I take a look at the map to see where people might be coming from and where I'll probably go next. And then... I close the map and there's a guy there. But he only starts to shoot after I close the map. Like... he knows and is just fucking with me.

https://streamable.com/76o1a

30 wins in this game but it feels like I'll never get another.

Typical

Banned
Guys I need help, I've been a pc gamer for years but have pretty much exclusively used a controller.

I tried using keyboard and mouse today in my first game with pubg or any fps on pc and it did not go well.

My fingers just can't work independently and am either running constantly or mushing multiple keys. Think it's too late for me to master the keyboard, mouse was good though felt sharp.

Please tell me a controller is a viable option? Or even supported?

I got matched up with some streamers last night. They really seemed to hate me for being the random fourth. Watching the archive of the game they spent the first ten minutes just shit talking me, lol.

They were way better than I was though. Now I have anxiety my shitty play will be broadcasted to an audience.

Guys I need help, I've been a pc gamer for years but have pretty much exclusively used a controller.

I tried using keyboard and mouse today in my first game with pubg or any fps on pc and it did not go well.

My fingers just can't work independently and am either running constantly or mushing multiple keys. Think it's too late for me to master the keyboard, mouse was good though felt sharp.

It's supported and if you don't rage or want to win it's playable.

I was in the same boat you were. It honestly just takes time to develop muscle memory. I still struggle to hit the number keys etc but it's worth it for that sweet sweet mouse precision. Just keep at it.

Daffy Duck

I got matched up with some streamers last night. They really seemed to hate me for being the random fourth. Watching the archive of the game they spent the first ten minutes just shit talking me, lol.

They were way better than I was though. Now I have anxiety my shitty play will be broadcasted to an audience.

Which streamers?

Don’t worry about it, everyone has terrible games.

I had the reverse issue, i was totally unable to play an FPS with a controller. I just forced myself and now i'm fine. You just have to pass for some hours of discomfort and then muscle memory will kick in.

Typical

Banned
It's supported and if you don't rage or want to win it's playable.

I was in the same boat you were. It honestly just takes time to develop muscle memory. I still struggle to hit the number keys etc but it's worth it for that sweet sweet mouse precision. Just keep at it.

I think because it's a new game trying to learn it and how to use m/k is a bit overwhelming. I understand very little about the game and died twice by the blue haze.

Anyhow I'll probably try sticking it out for a couple of week and avoid console gaming / controller all together whilst trying to learn.

Which streamers?

Don’t worry about it, everyone has terrible games.

I think his name was Evac, and he may have been the only one actually streaming. The squad eventually warmed up to me and linked me to their discord, which is how I found the stream. They were way too good for me though, I'm scrub tier. Lol.

Typical

Banned
I had the reverse issue, i was totally unable to play an FPS with a controller. I just forced myself and now i'm fine. You just have to pass for some hours of discomfort and then muscle memory will kick in.

Do you have to look down to know where a key is. For example jumping from wasd to the m key to open the map you have to look or is this something that will be picked up by memory over time?

Seems like the demand bottomed out for those gamescom crates. The quantity is shooting back up.

Lot of people sitting on them waiting for the price to climb even higher. I know some H1Z1 crates got as high as ten dollars before. Hard to say how many there are and how low high they will get eventually.

I'm sitting on 12 myself and trying to hold off for a bit.

Do you have to look down to know where a key is. For example jumping from wasd to the m key to open the map you have to look or is this something that will be picked up by memory over time?

That really depends on you. I have memorized most of the keys but have a really hard time with zxcvb and map crouch/walk etc to my mouse buttons most of the time.

luffeN

nope, not working

edit: no one will believe me now, but duckjump was working with binding crouch and jump to left shift, right clicking the second binding slot while holding shift and right clicking next to the options menu window. the binding was saved but now it is not working anymore, not sure why.

proof: https://imgur.com/a/gvgzs

Vipu

Banned
nope, not working

edit: no one will believe me now, but duckjump was working with binding crouch and jump to left shift, right clicking the second binding slot while holding shift and right clicking next to the options menu window. the binding was saved but now it is not working anymore, not sure why.

proof: https://imgur.com/a/gvgzs

They fixed that in some patch some time ago.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Took 12 hours but finally I can eat.

untitled-1ays0s.jpg

It definitely pick up over time, it's slower because you won't use map as much as crouch or jump but it will kick in eventually.

Also maybe it have to do with your keyboard abilities, do you have to watch the keyboard while typing ?

Top Bottom