• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Nvidia Gamescom Tech Trailer (PC)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

The_Super_Inframan

Do you play at ultra 60 fps man? Like, I'm so jealeous

more like medium to ultra mix and the framerate jumps between 50 and 110 fps depending on the situation, on a 1060 with 120% scaling... so not exactly like in the trailer, but the game looks like the trailer if you crank everything up thats why I didnt get the "Bullshot" comment :)

also

bLGd7P9.png

Grassy

I might have to finally start using Geforce Experience...

I'd just be worried it might miss certain highlights, that's why I don't mind doing it manually with GameDVR right now.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot how good the game looks.

Shame 99% of captures wont look like that lol.

Yep, I have to play on a mix of very low, low and medium to get a playable frame rate with a GTX 970.

Yep, I have to play on a mix of very low, low and medium to get a playable frame rate with a GTX 970.

Damn I've played it on cards ranging from 480/1060 to 1070 and recently 1080ti. All performed admirably. I guess 970 is finally ready to RIP.

That sounds like an odd oxymoronic statement lol.

The_Super_Inframan

Damn I've played it on cards ranging from 480/1060 to 1070 and recently 1080ti. All performed admirably. I guess 970 is finally ready to RIP.

I think the CPU is at the moment often a bigger problem than the GPU, I cant imagine that the game runs much worse on a 970 compared to 1060... an it runs really fine on a 1060...
but who knows

enewtabie

I forgot how good the game looks.

Shame 99% of captures wont look like that lol.

Depends on the card I guess. 1060 or above should do it fine. I play it on Ultra and hit 90-110 or so,but game still has a lot of pop in. Can't wait to try the game capture feature tonight. I usually just use the share to stream to youtube.

I think the CPU is at the moment often a bigger problem than the GPU, I cant imagine that the game runs much worse on a 970 compared to 1060... an it runs really fine on a 1060...
but who knows

That would be my guess as well. The system I tested all those cards on has a 5820k at 4.5ghz after all.

The_Super_Inframan

That would be my guess as well. The system I tested all those cards on has a 5820k at 4.5ghz after all.

I play on a i5-4690k and its at 100% load almost all the time while playing this, so I could imagine that everything below that could throttle the performance

Venfayth

Here's me playing with the new shadowplay autorecord setting turned on. I unknowingly had my mic enabled, so ignore my keyboard and mouse noises :)

https://streamable.com/ozzjj

The interface is really clunky, I tried to alt tab and it removed the "gallery" at the end that lets you edit your videos, so all of my recordings from this game are uncut.

I also had to re-encode the video to reduce filesize and combine them all together myself post, the original files are pristine quality, looks the same as in game.

Also if you're going to use this feature, make sure you enable it both in the nvidia shadowplay dashboard AND in-game. Or you'll waste a 6 kill military opening like I did trying to show it off!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

It's the VRAM, the game uses an insane amount.

3.4GB on a mix of very low, low and medium, inside a house. If I turn the settings up it shoots up to 4GB+ and I lag. And you can see the CPU (3570k @ 4.3GHz) is holding up just fine at 65%.

Venfayth

Do you still have to create an account to use shadowplay?

Yup.

Pretty sure nvidia's servers have to be working in order for shadowplay to function as well.

I was pissed the other day when nvidia's servers were shitting the bed and the shadowplay functionality didn't work.

abracadaver

Yup.

Pretty sure nvidia's servers have to be working in order for shadowplay to function as well.

I was pissed the other day when nvidia's servers were shitting the bed and the shadowplay functionality didn't work.

Really? What are the servers doing when you capture a game with your GPU?

Top Bottom