• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playground Games Concept Artist has hinted that their next game is a Fable reboot or atleast inspired by it.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Was browsing through the ArtStation profile of Vaigintas Pakenis (Concept Artist at Playground Games) and I found this
Title : Good Deeds
vaigintas-pakenis-good-deeds.jpg

T.D. Danza : Looks great! It reminds me of Fable
Vaigintas Pakenis : Thank you. It was one of the inspirations for this
I also found more stuffs
Title : Town
vaigintas-pakenis-village-1800.jpg

This reminds me a lot of Oakville.
Title : Summit
vaigintas-pakenis-summit.jpg

vaigintas-pakenis-summit-wips.jpg

Fake

This will be similar to Witcher 3 maybe?
Hope they follow the Fable 1 plot at least. Fable 1 is one my favorite of the series. I almost break in two the cd of Fable 3.

Xenon

Your going to be a knight who comes to town for a jousting tournament and will be greeted by the person hosting it. There will be tons of paths and roads leading to all kinds of tasks to do. Better horses will be hidden in barns across the land. You get to choose a minstrel to join you, each with a different style of music.

Last edited:

LMJ

Yes please be it reboot or spiritual successor fix what was broken or couldn't be done at the time due to tech, but keep what made Fable 1 great compared to its sequels

Keep or refine the magic system...Bring back the clothing stealth system, bring back actual armor statistics and most importantly

BRING BACK THE BOAST SYSTEM!!!

Such an awesome mechanic that was abandoned because?

Fbh

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.
Fable was a good idea that struggled with its execution so maybe this team will get it right.

I also wonder if MS would really support a high budget single player game. I think this will have some form of multiplayer

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Fable is one of those games I played due to hype mostly but when looking back I didn't really enjoy it all that much. If this is Fable or inspired by it, hopefully the folks at playground can really improve on the formula. Gaming has evolved immensely since those days and a new Fable would need to catch up and probably surpass some of these advancements in order to get me interested.

Mista

Banned
Yep, knew the rumours were real especially that it was mentioned a lot. I’ll take that as it’s going to be a good challenge for Playground

Great, so recent rumours for future Xbox software is Halo, Gears and....Fable. Again (and sure as hell another Forza). It's a little like a broken record, MS seriously needs to invest in new ips to rival TLOU, Horizon, Death Stranding, Ghosts or Days Gone. I've included TLOU in there as we've only had one entry for that ip.

No-one wants more Fable aside from a handful of fans.

hunthunt

Banned
I wish they had the freedom to work in whatever they wanted instead of having to do a new game in a shitty Ip like Fable.

But you can expect that with Microsoft.

MDSLKTR

Your going to be a knight who comes to town for a jousting tournament and will be greeted by the person hosting it. There will be tons of paths and roads leading to all kinds of tasks to do. Better horses will be hidden in barns across the land. You get to choose a minstrel to join you, each with a different style of music.
Honestly i would play the shit out of that. They can reuse the england map as is already, just switch the sheeps for chickens.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Great, so recent rumours for future Xbox software is Halo, Gears and....Fable. Again (and sure as hell another Forza). It's a little like a broken record, MS seriously needs to invest in new ips to rival TLOU, Horizon, Death Stranding, Ghosts or Days Gone. I've included TLOU in there as we've only had one entry for that ip.

So, you are saying they bought Obsidian, InXile, Ninja Theory and created Initiative, to work on Halo, Gears and Forza ?
I wish they had the freedom to work in whatever they wanted instead of having to do a new game in a shitty Ip like Fable.

Or maybe they want to work on Fable.
Klobrille (?) said he made those before he was hired by Playground.
Infact here are more stuffs from his artstation around the same time
Title : Inside
vaigintas-pakenis-inside-facility-1800-2.jpg

Title : Encounter
vaigintas-pakenis-encounter-1800.jpg

Title : Desert
vaigintas-pakenis-facility-1640.jpg

He also made artwork for Forza Horizon set in Japan
vaigintas-pakenis-horizon-lanterns-1800-3.jpg

vaigintas-pakenis-horizon-drift-1800.jpg

vaigintas-pakenis-horizon-temple-1800-2.jpg

vaigintas-pakenis-horizon-no-lanterns-1800-2.jpg

More here
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/6J4BN
These are way before he joined Playground Games
Title : On Fire
vaigintas-pakenis-on-fire.jpg

Title : Baltijos Kelias/Baltic Way
vaigintas-pakenis-baltic-way2-wide.jpg

Last of Us II fanart
vaigintas-pakenis-through-the-valley.jpg

Last edited:

I'd kill for a Fable that Fable deserves..

Stuart360

And i wish we could have a Microsoft thread on here without the usual drive by trolling and tiresome memes.

But you can expect that with NeoGaf.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!

While I am not a fan of past Fable games, the possibilities are endless for a reboot. Hopefully less farting and chicken kicking, and more RPG.

Stuart360

As an RPG fan, i'd jump at the chance to reboot a high profile RPG series like Fable if i was a developer.
Bit surprised they didnt ask Obsidian to do it though, what with their RPG background.

Last edited:

-MD-

As an RPG fan, i'd jump at the chance to reboot a high profile RPG series like Fable if i was a developer.

I would too, only because the series is well known and none of the games were exceptional, I feel like a mildly talented developer could take it and run with it.

Top Bottom