• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Firmware 5.05 released! Stability just got a lot more stabler.

DryvBy

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018...te_5_05_is_here_to_improve_system_performance

UncomfortableLeadingAtlanticblackgoby.gif

Rayderism

My guess is that all it really does is allow for the installation of the upcoming beta firmware test.......and probably attempts to block whatever the latest exploits hackers are playing with.

Dante83

Banned
These stability/performance updates are meant for the PS4 UI and have nothing to do with gaming performance. I don't see any difference from the previous update though.

Kenaras

After updating yesterday, my surround sound in Horizon: Zero Dawn started working for the first time ever. Not sure what changed, but I'm happy about it.

(I have a my PS4 connected directly to my new LG 55" B7A, optical running from the B7A to my old Yamaha RX-V800, and a 5.1 speaker setup. Surround sound worked perfectly using Smart TV apps, but for PS4 content it randomly worked for some things but not others.)

Nattan

Stability (& performance) is good and all, but I want to know the new features contained in the 5.50 update.

JP

Finally, this is such good news!!!

I don't know what the hell was wrong but for a couple of months or so my PS4 had been about as stable as Peter Griffin in a Family Guy cutaway gag.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
These stability/performance updates are meant for the PS4 UI and have nothing to do with gaming performance. I don't see any difference from the previous update though.

Sometimes they bring SDK changes that impact game stability too and gaming performance of some released games or address some edge case in future games (or in the various multi media apps PS4 has) before they are shipped. The PS4 UI is one of the many apps running on this OS and libs.

Top Bottom