• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Launches an official The Last of Us podcast series (first episode available now)

The eight-part series, hosted by writer and stand-up comedian Christian Spicer, will explore the development of both The Last of Us and its Part 2 sequel. The first episode is available now, and will be released weekly on Tuesdays.

Episode one features interviews with Naughty Dog’s Neil Druckmann and Anthony Newman, who discuss the first few hours of the original game. Future episodes will include chats with Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker, as well as developers, composer Custavo Santaolalla, and notable fans of the series.

From July 7, the episodes will begin to discuss The Last of Us Part 2, providing a deep dive into the new game’s creation.

edit

Episode 2 live today

Last edited:

Valentino

Why are they still marketing this in July? Game will be almost a month old. Get back in the studio and go make a new IP.

Because when we get past pre release topics like controvercial threads and rumour thread, we'll be at a different stage. Expect topics such as:

'Yeah, I knew this game would suck'
'I was right! It is a bad game!'
'Best game I've ever played?'
'lol game is best selling exclusive sold. Suck it haters'

And then various questions about why this and that happened in the game. Why did so and so do this, can there be a part 3? So a podcast which follows a month after the game release isn't questionable. They will be answering questions about the game in these podcast after the game releases.

Jbomb19

Why are they still marketing this in July? Game will be almost a month old. Get back in the studio and go make a new IP.

Because the later episodes will be about The Last of Us 2, and they'll finally be able to talk about the game as a whole. Probably wanna give people enough time to play the game and leave a buffer for spoilers. Personally, after playing the TLOU2, I'll want to hear discussion about plot points, the acting choices, etc. etc.

Because the later episodes will be about The Last of Us 2, and they'll finally be able to talk about the game as a whole. Probably wanna give people enough time to play the game and leave a buffer for spoilers. Personally, after playing the TLOU2, I'll want to hear discussion about plot points, the acting choices, etc. etc.

Meh, I guess you have a point. I am just not a die-hard TLOU fan like most people I think.

Top Bottom