• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | August 2014

Turnstyle

Hope it's a quicker port than Rogue Legacy was.

Hmmm, I'm not confident about that. I'm pretty sure that the developers of Risk of Rain are in college, so it's not like they can dedicate all their time to it.

I suppose there's always a chance they could get someone else to do the port, but who knows.

DagsJT

Vita Slim bought. Already got an OLED but I've never been able to play too long with the shape and weight giving me hand cramps so hoping the lighter and slightly resigned Slim will be better.

As well as the USB charging, battery and no more flashing blue light (!), I'm sure I won't miss the screen and will enjoy the newer model.

Hmmm, I'm not confident about that. I'm pretty sure that the developers of Risk of Rain are in college, so it's not like they can dedicate all their time to it.

I suppose there's always a chance they could get someone else to do the port, but who knows.

Well, the rogue legacy devs only supervised their port, I believe... but it was probably also impacted by the fact that they ported to PS3 and PS4 as well. Is RoR going to be Vita only or is it coming to PS4 (and maybe even PS3)?

ramyeon

How is the FPS after the last update? Im also excited for WO3 but i wait for those FPS informations.
Only just got it this week so I can't say how it compares to earlier versions. If FPS drops either make or break a game for you it might bother you. It drops pretty frequently but it doesn't ruin the game for me. Still really enjoyable imo.

SerTapTap

That's disappointing, I was hoping that play-time stats were tracked. I feel like I've already got 100+ hours in Rogue Legacy and I wanted to confirm that.

I don't think any PS console tracks time played as an OS level thing (or if it does, it's not visible to players)

Abylim

Loving the shit out of Rogue Legacy, serious goty contender for me.
Just have Thanataphobia left, pretty frustrating! Any tips?

On the fence with Phantom Breaker, but looking forward to SAO! Bring it!!

How bad is UFC on ps4? Is there training games in career mode? The demo made striking feel weak, didnt like that, but I'm wanting a UFC game =\

lt519

Just have Thanataphobia left, pretty frustrating! Any tips?

You have to get a little lucky I think. I was going for it last night and got 3/4 before getting a bad string of rolls. I focused on leveling up Paladins/Barbarians and then immediately searched for runes and weapons. They offer the best bang for your buck without leveling the enemies. Balance runes were helping a lot but it may actually take some grace runes to be do-able. I can typically beat the first two now within my first 5 turns and the third within the first 10, but I'm struggling with the strength of the enemies in the 4th area (which is why I think you need to get lucky with a grace rune).

marrec

Banned
Rogue Legacy marks another PC exclusive indie that's so amazingly better to play on the Vita. I put about 30 hours into it on PC last year and haven't been able to put it down since I picked it up on Vita. I also seem to be a better Rogue Legacy player on Vita than on PC.

I can't imagine what my life is going to be like with Binding of Isaac comes out on Vita.

SerTapTap

Rogue Legacy marks another PC exclusive indie that's so amazingly better to play on the Vita. I put about 30 hours into it on PC last year and haven't been able to put it down since I picked it up on Vita. I also seem to be a better Rogue Legacy player on Vita than on PC.

I can't imagine what my life is going to be like with Binding of Isaac comes out on Vita.

This is why I hope Road Not Taken's Vita development isn't permanently screwed, quality autosave rougelikes are fantastic on Vita. I still prefer playing on PC/console just because of screen size/controller but if you're portable it's unbeatable.

$h@d0w

14696645428_ee908f027f_o_d.jpg

Let's PS Plus!

Abylim

You have to get a little lucky I think. I was going for it last night and got 3/4 before getting a bad string of rolls. I focused on leveling up Paladins/Barbarians and then immediately searched for runes and weapons. They offer the best bang for your buck without leveling the enemies. Balance runes were helping a lot but it may actually take some grace runes to be do-able. I can typically beat the first two now within my first 5 turns and the third within the first 10, but I'm struggling with the strength of the enemies in the 4th area (which is why I think you need to get lucky with a grace rune).

I figured as much!
After taking out the Neo bosses, fighting Khidr and Alexander regularly, even without runes isnt too bad. I can kill Khidr with my first character, and I have come close on Alexander. Its just after that everything seems to fall apart

I had no interest in hyperdimension neptunia before I saw Blue Maximas preview video and now I find it pretty interesting. Does anyone here know if it's heavy on the fan service?

Man, I am excited about the Muppets game. I mean, for crying out loud - just let me play as Chef and I'll be a happy man. Does anyone have any hands-on previews available?

One more thought - the slowdown for CT on Vita isn't unbearable. It's not ideal, but it's very similar to FF IX and that wasn't horrible enough to make me stop playing. There was quite a bit of grief over it last week in this thread and in the Square Enix sale thread, but the level of hate isn't entirely warranted.

Also - quick question for you all. Need some help on this one - have a EU vita code for Ys: Memories of Celceta (long story) that needs to be swapped for a US code. Or for just a US game or something. B/S/T thread proven to be no luck.

VLiberty

Oddworld's DLC is coming to PS4 next week, free for the first two weeks for PS+ members.

I don't have the game as I'll get it on Vita, but I'll get the DLC. Maybe it will be crossbuy

One more thought - the slowdown for CT on Vita isn't unbearable. It's not ideal, but it's very similar to FF IX and that wasn't horrible enough to make me stop playing. There was quite a bit of grief over it last week in this thread and in the Square Enix sale thread, but the level of hate isn't entirely warranted.

All of the naysayers successfully dissuaded me from getting Chrono Trigger during the sale.

RK128

All of the naysayers successfully dissuaded me from getting Chrono Trigger during the sale.

The sale is still happening (till tomorrow at least), so you still have time to pick up Chrono Trigger PS1 :D. For only 5 bucks you can play one of the best JRPG's ever made.....what's not to love :).

The load times in CT was nothing; took only a few seconds for menu/battles to start but that's it :l. You want a game with bad load times? Try playing THIS.....I beat the damn thing and didn't mind the load times at all in that game......and the load times in that was horrendous XD!.

You can't beat a long game filled with content for five bucks man :D.

If you have another way of playing, no need to double-dip. But if you don't and haven't yet experienced it, it's well worth the few dollars.

Considering how much time many of us waste, a few minutes of our lives in loading screens won't hurt. :-D

RK128

Beat the Ratchet Up Your Arsenal on Vita yesterday, just as wonderful as I remembered it :D. Honestly, the game was really easy for me XD! Beat the Quarktastic Challenge with no issues, got all the sewer cyrystals, and got all the weapons outside the Ryno....not of it was hard (outside of two completely random crashes X(; one in a main level and one in the sewers).

Planing on beating the challenge mode in that and Going Commando latter on; figure I can get a few more of the trophies (mainly the weapon, skill point, nanotech and bolt trophies) :D. Really great port of these classics :), glad I picked it up.

Now, on to Final Fantasy VII; got that a few days ago with Final Fantasy IX (both were heavily praised, so why not :D?). Played up to two hours in FFVII already and really like it so far. The characters are MUCH better then I thought they were be (always saw Cloud, Arith and Tifa as generic characters from there KH's appearances.....was dead wrong after playing a little bit of this :D). Cloud is a really cool dude (really like how you can make some choices in the story; adds something to the plot :D) and Tifa and Arith are much more interesting here (like how Areth takes charge of the situation XD; always doing what she wants and not fully listening to Cloud). Up to the
part where you and Areth have to save Tifa from that Don guy....I think that is where the cross-dressing part of the game happens?
. Should be fun :).

Guess the Gaf hype was right about something once more XD! Loved Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 Portable, so I should once more have a blast with another recommendation from Gaf :).

RK128

Got back from Japan last week and went a little crazy with the Vita haul

Nice set of games there :D. While I have no idea what a few of them are (sadly only made out Demon Gaze and that cool looking puzzle game :(), I'm sure they should be fun. Japan has a lot of Vita games that never made it here, so have a blast :D.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If tomorrow some late port will be announced i hope it will be Fallout 3, Xcom, Saints Row 4 or something at their level(and that i want).

RK128

If tomorrow some late port will be announced i hope it will be Fallout 3, Xcom, Saints Row 4 or something at their level(and that i want).

The bolded has the best chance due to them having an iOS version already to be ported to Vita :). That would be a great fit for Vita too; the system has a lack of turn-based stratage games, so that would be nice :D.

I could also see Bioshock 1 being ported to Vita as well. Between Bioshock being promised to come to Vita ages ago and the fact they got the game running on iOS (not to mention the success of Borderlands 2 on Vita), that also has a good chance of coming to Vita too :).

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta respect those semicolons! I would buy those games so fast in the 5pb. sale if I could actually read Japanese...
If I had known about that upcoming 5pb sale beforehand I would've saved like $100+ by going digital (ヽ´ω`)

Well boxes are nice to stuff my shelf with anyways

Top Bottom