• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games for July: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Alan Wake Remastered, Endling – Extinction is Forever

Neolombax

Wanted to reinstall Cold War, big bump in player base and all. But that install size is a huge turn off. People should really give a go though. The zombies portion is a real treat, especially Outbreak mode.

Corian33

Got the original Alan Wake on a steam sale but never finished it. Perfect timing to get another go at it. Always up for running through a COD campaign and I’ve never played that one.

Pretty solid month for me.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
COD Total size 308gb :messenger_tears_of_joy: Thank God PS5 SSD is Cheaper!
how high wtf GIF

Hestar69

Who wants to hear something hilarious?

My ps5 wants 223GB to install Cold War.

Hahahaha hahahaha hoooooo hahahahahaaaahah hahaha hahahahahaaaahah...stop, please, stop...my sides.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
even to just play the campaign? thats such bs! I just want to play the SP but 223 gigs fuckkk thattt

I'll install AW as I love it and its been years since i beat it on 360

EDMIX

There’s a reason why I switched to Battlefield, call of duty comes across as immature, and I’m not trying to stir the pot.

snoop dogg smile GIF by VH1

Same.

I like what I played with MW2 reboot playing just the regular playlist stuff that I enjoyed like Team Deathmatch, Domination, Free For All, etc, but I just couldn't get back into the IP.

More hours in 2042 and will continue to play 2042 until the next BF comes out, I'm just use to the BF formula and love the gameplay concept.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Playin Cold War.

- They changed the voice actors for Hudson and Mason.
- The framerate on the PS5 version is inconsistent. In a cod game…
- Graphically looks way worse than MW 2022.
- Gunplay feels more stiff than MW2. It doesn’t even let you mount on corners.

This has given me new appreciation for MW2’s campaign. What the fuck lol

edit: also this shit is 240gb lmaaaoooo thats as much as final fantasy xvi, modern warfare 2022, and street fighter vi put together

Embarrassed Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Last edited:

FUBARx89

Playin Cold War.

- They changed the voice actors for Hudson and Mason.
- The framerate on the PS5 version is inconsistent. In a cod game…
- Graphically looks way worse than MW 2022.
- Gunplay feels more stiff than MW2. It doesn’t even let you mount on corners.

This has given me new appreciation for MW2’s campaign. What the fuck lol

edit: also this shit is 240gb lmaaaoooo thats as much as final fantasy xvi, modern warfare 2022, and street fighter vi put together

Embarrassed Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Cold War didn't use the revamped Modern Warfare engine, used a heavily modified black ops engine, that's why the graphics are worse and missing gunplay features.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Borderlands and the Yakuza games are laving PS+ at the end of the month.

I have BL3 downloaded, but haven't been able to play it because of other releases, not sure if I have enough time to finish it before it leaves the service.

ps-plus-extra-premium-leaving-august-2023.large.jpg

Mephisto40

Borderlands and the Yakuza games are laving PS+ at the end of the month.

I have BL3 downloaded, but haven't been able to play it because of other releases, not sure if I have enough time to finish it before it leaves the service.

ps-plus-extra-premium-leaving-august-2023.large.jpg
I'm currently playing through one of the Yakuza games, do they stop working if you already have them downloaded like they do on gamepass?

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Cold War is much fun. More thanmw2 and vanguard for sure. Too bad I've just got it on xbox and pc to play with my friends.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'm currently playing through one of the Yakuza games, do they stop working if you already have them downloaded like they do on gamepass?
Yes. The license for PS+ Extra games expire when the games leave the service so you'll need to finish before then.

adamsapple

Correct, you'll be asked to buy it to play it when it 'leaves' PS+ just like how it is with games on GP.

BbMajor7th

I was super excited to download Alan Wake and after 2 hours I'm super excited to delete it
Tried it too. The gameplay isn't terrible, but the writing is honestly dreadful. I can put up with a little hammy dialogue here and there (God knows I've played enough Resident Evil), but it's not cute when writing so ham-fisted is so self-serious.

Last edited:

adamsapple

For people who have played it, how long is BL3 ? Is it realistically possible to finish it by the end of the month with a 2~ hour daily play time ?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Tried it too. The gameplay isn't terrible, but the writing is honestly dreadful. I can put up with a little hammy dialogue here and there (God knows I've played enough Resident Evil), but it's not cute when writing that ham-fisted is that self-serious.
I chuckled at the "white male" comment from Alice on the tape in The Writer DLC. Even as far back as 2010 that shit was in there. Who knew a decade later of what it would balloon into, culturally.

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

For people who have played it, how long is BL3 ? Is it realistically possible to finish it by the end of the month with a 2~ hour daily play time ?
If you start Borderlands 3 today or tomorrow you might still be able to finish it. The base game is around 25 hours long, but rushing it will save you a few hours.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Wanted to reinstall Cold War, big bump in player base and all. But that install size is a huge turn off. People should really give a go though. The zombies portion is a real treat, especially Outbreak mode.
This and the fact that you cannot attain the platinum without going into multiplayer. Immediately made it even less appealing so not even going to play the campaign.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
you can mainline the story in 20 - 25 hours, but it is a slog if you have played BL and BL2, prepare for more of the same. fast food, you know what you are getting.

Tsaki

I was big on CoD in the 2009-2015 period (as in they were 90% of my gaming time) so I was mildly excited to get in the Cold War MP for "free". But wtf is this time to kill?! I can barely see the camper's head peaking and as soon as I do I'm dead. Downloaded over 100GB to then delete them after 15 minutes of gameplay. I guess Warzone and Destiny TTK made me much less tolerating to see-first-kill-first situations.
GSVwXeK.gif

Last edited:

jonnyp

Tried it too. The gameplay isn't terrible, but the writing is honestly dreadful. I can put up with a little hammy dialogue here and there (God knows I've played enough Resident Evil), but it's not cute when writing that ham-fisted is that self-serious.

Whoever wrote this and Control are stealing a living.

I think the gameplay is pretty meh too.

Top Bottom