• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty 2024 is Black Ops: Gulf War

diffusionx

Gold Member
Played the hell out of Cold War and loved it but I am going to be very, very careful considering what a disaster these nu-MW games are. I know "muh different devs" but the overarching structure of these games, the ham-handed SBMM, etc., is obviously driven by Activision.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Played the hell out of Cold War and loved it but I am going to be very, very careful considering what a disaster these nu-MW games are. I know "muh different devs" but the overarching structure of these games, the ham-handed SBMM, etc., is obviously driven by Activision.
Even with SBMM cold war was really good

Infinity ward and sledgehammer haven't put something good out in ages. Treyarch has yet to put out a bad game in my opinion. 4 years dev time should hopefully be great too

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
If you were in their shoes, it wouldn't make sense to lose our on that money. It's still a simple 6v6 arcady game anyhow
Nonsense. Its greed plain and simple.

GTA6 won't even be cross gen. Not even R* is that greedy. COD has the same power, it will sell consoles. The only reason it stiill coming out on last gen is because of green and lack of ambition.

clarky

Gold Member

GTA6 won't even be cross gen. Not even R* is that greedy. COD has the same power, it will sell consoles. The only reason it stiill coming out on last gen is because of green and lack of ambition.
Greed lol. They are a public company whose sole aim is to make money. Just like every other company.

If the options are slightly better graphic's for a few nerds or 20% more sales I know what I'd pick if i was CEO.(figure pulled from my ass). That's not greed its called good business.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Greed lol. They are a public company whose sole aim is to make money. Just like every other company.
Every company is in it to make money.

Not every company is making cross gen games going into 2024.

Why isn't every other company making cross gen games going into 2024?

This is greed and lack of ambition.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Switch 2 is essentially going to be a last gen console...and Nintendo signed a 10 year contract with Microsoft to bring COD to it. So you best like crossgen.

clarky

Gold Member

Every other company that has a successful GAAS still does as far as im aware.

Obviously they still sell a ton on old gen hardware or they wouldnt bother. Your suggesting they cut off a significant revenue stream because?

Last edited:

Apocryphon

Nah. This shit is played out. The core gameplay loop would need to be majorly reworked for me to be interested in CoD again.

clarky

Gold Member
Nah. This shit is played out. The core gameplay loop would need to be majorly reworked for me to be interested in CoD again.
I used to hammer it back in the day then missed pretty much everything after MW3.

Picked up 2019 on a whim now its just my go to game when I've got nothing else doing and just want to kick back. Resurgence mode especially, I could play that all day.

jorgejjvr

Not every game is the best selling game every year. Also a lot of mp games and free to play rely on a large player base to keep the community alive, to sell more skins etc. The larger the player base the better. Hence why things lke fortnite, Apex, overwatch, etc are on current and last gen. Heck some even have switch and mobile ports. A new game/shooter in the vein of cod that's not even out, called Xdefiant is coming to current Gen first, but also has confirmed last Gen ports as well.

So I feel like this multiplayer shooter genre has seen this a lot. But even things like Howgard legacy came to everything, just an example of a sp game. But yeah, for mp games the more players the better

clarky

Gold Member
Not every game is the best selling game every year. Also a lot of mp games and free to play rely on a large player base to keep the community alive, to sell more skins etc. The larger the player base the better. Hence why things lke fortnite, Apex, overwatch, etc are on current and last gen. Heck some even have switch and mobile ports. A new game/shooter in the vein of cod that's not even out, called Xdefiant is coming to current Gen first, but also has confirmed last Gen ports as well.

So I feel like this multiplayer shooter genre has seen this a lot. But even things like Howgard legacy came to everything, just an example of a sp game. But yeah, for mp games the more players the better
Bingo.

Its not rocket science.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
This is the most excited I will have been for a CoD since WWII in 2017 - the perfect setting with Treyarch at the helm and a four year development cycle. If they can reach their full potential, I think this has a good chance of being an outstanding experience.

Apocryphon

I used to hammer it back in the day then missed pretty much everything after MW3.

Picked up 2019 on a whim now its just my go to game when I've got nothing else doing and just want to kick back. Resurgence mode especially, I could play that all day.
I’m basically the same, except I dropped it again after 2019. CoD2, MW, WaW, BO1, and MW2 were all excellent and I played them to death. I lost interest after that though and moved to BF3, 4, Titanfall 2, and BF1. Then MW 2019 was excellent for a while, especially Warzone, but I lost interest again and migrated to Insurgency Sandstorm and Hell Let Loose. I don’t know what it would I really take to pull me back into CoD at this point. Probably makinh make it a milsim or something.

clarky

Gold Member
I pray there is a fantastic single player campaign.
Campaigns just a side show for 90% of the player base.

I like what they do these days though in releasing it a week ahead of the MP, I'm sure a lot more players have a bash as a warm up to the full bifter.

clarky

Gold Member
Switch 2 is essentially going to be a last gen console...and Nintendo signed a 10 year contract with Microsoft to bring COD to it. So you best like crossgen.
Couldn't give a shit about cross gen.

Nintendo consistently release the best most innovative games on the weakest hardware on the market.

Gulf War era is cool, but the Black Ops brand constantly shoehorns more modern shit into it under the guise of 'well black ops operators get access to like tech that's decades ahead', so they will probably fuck up the vibe. And unless the Microsoft regime is more reasonable and reverses my BO:CW ban, I won't fuck with any Activision shit because I ain't no cuck.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Can you understand that making cross gen games in 2021 wasn't due to greed and lack of ambition? 2022? 2023?
Then just imagine that the same reasons can extend much longer for some games. The Wii got Just Dance games up to 2020, 3 years after the Switch launched because people were still buying them.

Last edited:

Salz01

I mean the setting kinda seems bland. Gulf war was practically desert . Either way I’m in. Skipped MW3, and I had the most fun with Cold War. Hope the campaign is decent.

Bo2 is literally the best game in the series. Overall cod series I mean, not just black ops games
That’s just your opinion man. Black ops 2 was the most boring shooter I’ve ever played. Boring and predictable in every way with the generic 3 lane design. The maps were deterministic so if you knew the usual traffic patterns, it was easy to rack up kills. Their obsession with balancing lead to a very boring game. It’s also one of two cods where I did not finish the campaign. Literally fell asleep while playing.
Bo3 was the best with advanced movement
The worst Cod game for me. Tied with Black ops 4 and way worse than advance warfare. They took the twitching nature out of the movement which allowed you to quick escape gun battles to appease low skill players. They then designed the maps in a way where movement was essentially useless. It’s also in a 2 way tie with the most recent mw3 for worst cod campaign ever made. Horrible.
BO4 and cold war were weaker entries. But still better than the new MW and anything sledgehammer has pulled out.

Heck, even their Blackout battle Royale is better than warzone in my probably unpopular opinion lol
To be honest, if we remove WAW and the first black ops, they’re actually not much better than sledgehammer. Sledgehammer makes solid cod games. They just give you what you expect and nothing more. This campaign is probably Slegehammers first miss and that was due to time constraints. They’ve also had one multiplayer miss and that’s Infinite warfare. Treyarch has had whole game misses. Purchased the digital deluxe edition of black ops 3. Played it for less than 5 hours and shelved it because it was bad. Tried BO4, didn’t last at all. Tried call of duty Cold War. Thank God for Microsoft refunds as I refunded that shit asap. They just miss too much and make boring games.

njean777

It’s Treyarch so probably will be good, will keep my ears open. I got MW 2 and lost interest after a month, skipped this year also.

Mephisto40

I wonder if they'll find any weapons of mass destruction in the story, or are they planning on keeping it historically accurate?

Last edited:

nikos

So back to shit movement and old weapons. Same thing that happened when they went from MW to Cold War.

coffinbirth

93f0e9e9-bedc-4baf-86d6-39bfa5f7d59a_text.gif

Considering the GTA VI leaks from last year were from a PS4 devkit build...

Roni

Gold Member
Keeping black ops and modern warfare in the name is proof that they are riding on nostalgia with
30ys old wanting to relive their childhood and now they have tons of money to spend
Sheesh, hit the nail in the head...

Top Bottom