• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation:PS5 launch is the biggest PS launch ever.

Roufianos

214712.gif

THE:MILKMAN

Most important part:

"more PS5 Inventory will be coming to retailers before the end of the year"

HYPE!!!

Unless they ship units to physical stores then the scalpers will get them. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything other than March at the earliest. I'll probably get a vaccine before a PS5.....

Vae_Victis

Banned
Crazy to think that PS5 launch during pandemics...economics slowdown everywhere....is $100 more expensive than PS4, have stock shortage...and this still happens....
Because of the pandemic, a lot of people spent a lot less on other stuff. Less going out in the evening, going on vacation, going to the cinema etc. The shift to greater expenses for activities you can perform at home is entirely expected, and was already very visible throughout the year.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Unless they ship units to physical stores then the scalpers will get them. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything other than March at the earliest. I'll probably get a vaccine before a PS5.....

I don't know, I still have hope. If they can ship another 2 - 3 million PS5s this year, I think there is a reasonable chance that I'll get one. Fingers crossed. I have a notification alert setup on every electronics dealer around here, so unless I'm sleeping, I will order a PS5 within hours (once they are available again).

THE:MILKMAN

I don't know, I still have hope. If they can ship another 2 - 3 million PS5s this year, I think there is a reasonable chance that I'll get one. Fingers crossed. I have a notification alert setup on every electronics dealer around here, so unless I'm sleeping, I will order a PS5 within hours (once they are available again).

I hope they wait until non-essential retail opens back up and they can send stock to stores. While the scalpers posting pictures of dozens of consoles they've scalped get the internet headlines, it is the quiet individuals that grabbed 1-2 extra ones to sell. Who knows how many of them there were.

On Demand

Banned
Why no numbers? Sony usually gives that at least. I hope this generation doesn’t get even more overly and unnecessarily secretive with numbers.

SilentUser

Can't wait to the see the numbers, hopefully it won't take too long.

Just bought mine yesterday, but it's shipping just around Christmas :messenger_loudly_crying:

chonga

Why no numbers? Sony usually gives that at least. I hope this generation doesn’t get even more overly and unnecessarily secretive with numbers.
We didn't get numbers until December for PS4.

Top Bottom