• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 07/27/10 - Madden 11 Demo | Ninja Storm 2 Demo (JP) | Piyotama PSP

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Although it may or may not be PSN related. EA has apparently pulled out NBA Jam for the PS3/360 from the ESRB ratings.

snap0212

Dwayne said:
You're probably one of those guys who say "They've released what they said they would... you should stop crying... bla bla bla". If not, I'll give you the answer... and an apology. :)

Carl

Moobabe said:
People seem to think that Europe isn't getting PSN+ content. We just get it at the start of every month rather than weekly.

Except that we got about 10 things for this month compared to what the US has got.

Moobabe

Carl said:
Except that we got about 10 things for this month compared to what the US has got.

We did get LBP for free though. And it is only a month old - maybe at the start of august we'll get all the US content from this month and some more, it's too early to get stressed.

Suzzopher

Looking at what has been offered on PS+ in America, I'm not sure why people are complaining it's not like anything amazing has been offered:lol

Carl

Moobabe said:
We did get LBP for free though. And it is only a month old - maybe at the start of august we'll get all the US content from this month and some more, it's too early to get stressed.

Yeah, and the US got 3 months for free, which evens them out.

I'm not stressed...I was just pointing out that once again the EU users of PS+ lose out. I'm far from stressed. I have most of the decent games on PSN anyway, so it really doesn't bother me that much.

Moobabe

Carl said:
Yeah, and the US got 3 months for free, which evens them out.

I'm not stressed...I was just pointing out that once again the EU users of PS+ lose out. I'm far from stressed. I have most of the decent games on PSN anyway, so it really doesn't bother me that much.

It's still only a month old. Maybe after a few we can complain but there's sure to be growing pains.

snap0212

Moobabe said:
It's still only a month old. Maybe after a few we can complain but there's sure to be growing pains.
Sorry, but when you eat a Pizza, you complain as soon as the first pubic hair shows up in your food. Not when it happend seven times. We bought a service, we're not satisfied... we complain. ;-)

Goldrusher

snap0212 said:
We bought a service, we're not satisfied... we complain. ;-)
You ordered something you won't get until August 4.
Some of you have been complaining since the middle of July.

Next week, it'll look like this:

USA
-----------------------------------

free games:
• WipEout HD
• Critter Crunch

free PSone-games:
• Rally Cross
• Syphon Filter

free minis:
• Age of Zombies
• Kahoots

free DLC:
• Warhawk Fallen Star Pack
• Cuboid Booster Pack
• Cuboid Bundle Pack
• Cuboid Level Editor
• Magic Orbz Booster Pack
• Magic Orbz Jungle Pack
• Magic Orbz Winter Pack
• Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack
• Smash Cars: Virus Run

free themes:
• Collision Theme
• King Zumo
• Bloody Escape

free avatars:
• Fat Princess
• MAG
• LittleBigPlanet
• Heavy Rain

1h demos:
• inFamous

discounts:

• (PSone) Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped ($5.99 -> $3.00)
• (game) Gauntlet II ($4.99 -> $2.50)
• (game) Mortal Kombat II ($4.99 -> $2.50)
• (game) Rampage ($4.99 -> $2.50)
• (game) Rampart ($4.99 -> $2.50)
• (game) Cuboid ($9.99 -> $7.99)
• (game) Gravity Crash ($9.99 -> $5.00)
• (game) echochrome ($9.99 -> $5.00)
• (game) Hamsterball ($9.99 -> $7.99)
• (game) Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos ($9.99 -> $7.99)
• (game) Magic Orbz ($9.99 -> $7.99)
• (game) Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom ($9.99 -> $7.99)
• (game) Smash Cars ($14.99 -> $11.99)
• (game) Wakeboarding HD ($14.99 -> $11.99)
• (game) Super Stardust HD ($9.99 -> $5.00)
• (dlc) Fat Princess Fat Roles ($4.99 -> $3.99)
• (dlc) Super Stardust HD Team add-on Pack ($4.99 -> $2.50)
• (dlc) Super Stardust HD Solo add-on Pack ($4.99 -> $2.50)
• (dlc) Resistance Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack ($5.99 -> $3.00)
• (dlc) Resistance 2 Skin Bundle ($3.99 -> $2.00)
• (avatars) Super Street Fighter IV PSN Avatar Bundle ($4.99)​

Europe
-----------------------------------

free games:
• LittleBigPlanet
• Wipeout HD
• Zen Pinball

free PSone-games:
• Destruction Derby
• MediEvil

free minis:
• Field Runners
• Age of Zombies
• Blast-Off
• Alien Zombie Death

free DLC:
• Killzone 2 Steel & Titanium Pack
• Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack

free themes:
• LittleBigPlanet
• Heavy Rain
• SCEE
• PlayStation Plus

free avatars:
• Fat Princess
• Heavy Rain

1h demos:
• Shatter
• Savage Moon
• inFamous
• Mushroom Wars

discounts:
• (game) Gravity Crash game (-20%)
• (game) Super Stardust HD (–20%)
• (dlc) LittleBigPlanet God of War Pack (-50%)
• (dlc) LittleBigPlanet Loco Roco kostuums (-50%)
• (dlc) Fat Princess (-20%)
• (dlc) Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table (–20%)
• (dlc) Warhawk Triple Combo Pack (–50%)
• (dlc) WipeOutHD Fury (–20%)​

Barrett2

Would Puzzle Fighter work on a PSP? I would assume the "HD" part of the title means no, but I don't really know how this stuff works.

Gravity Crash PSP is still awesome. If you like Pixel Junk Shooter, old school arcade games, and/or gravity, pick this up!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lawblob said:
Would Puzzle Fighter work on a PSP? I would assume the "HD" part of the title means no, but I don't really know how this stuff works.

No. PS3 only.

eznark

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Of course not.
That seems incredibly stupid. I didn't want to pay $50 for an unproven service despite the solid offerings last month. This month nothing is worthwhile. I can't imagine ever seeing a month and saying "hey, that stuff is worth $50" which is essentially the value proposition as we have no idea of what will be offered next and the great offers previous are not available.

Foolish system, they lose nothing by keeping those old offers available but potentially gain subs. If I join Netflix they don't offer me only the movies that come out after my join date.

Oh, and fuck you IGN for saying the old stuff would be available always.

jvm

Gamasutra.
eznark said:
If I get playstation plus today can I get the stuff that was free previous?
Subscribe today through 3 August (BEFORE NEXT STORE UPDATE):
Get everything you want from the stuff that's been available during July. That stuff stays yours as long as you are a subscriber (games, DLC) or forever (themes, avatars).

Subscribe after 3 August store udpate: Get everything you want from the new stuff that's been offered since 3 August. The stuff from July will be back to normal, full price, etc. Whatever you get from the August stuff is yours as long as you are a subscriber (games, DLC) or forever (themes, avatars).

Ok, looks like they're doing August early?

jvm

Gamasutra.
eznark said:
Oh, and fuck you IGN for saying the old stuff would be available always.
Link?

Edit: I'm willing to hypothesize that you mistook a statement about "stuff you download during your subscription is yours forever as long as you're a subscriber" for what you thought it meant.

anddo0

jvm said:
Subscribe today through 3 August (BEFORE NEXT STORE UPDATE):
Get everything you want from the stuff that's been available during July. That stuff stays yours as long as you are a subscriber (games, DLC) or forever (themes, avatars).

Subscribe after 3 August store udpate: Get everything you want from the new stuff that's been offered since 3 August. The stuff from July will be back to normal, full price, etc. Whatever you get from the August stuff is yours as long as you are a subscriber (games, DLC) or forever (themes, avatars).

Good know.. But that only gives me a week to decide. :(

eznark

Banned
Is that official policy? They'll always offer two months at a time? When I pull up WipeOut HD right now it shows it at full price and does not have a little plus symbol next to it.

Link?

Edit: I'm willing to hypothesize that you mistook a statement about "stuff you download during your subscription is yours forever as long as you're a subscriber" for what you thought it meant.

Three playstation podcasts ago I think, the one with no Greg Miller. They explicitly said they were "pretty sure" PS+ stuff would be available no matter when you subscribe. Colin or Jim said it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
eznark said:
Three playstation podcasts ago I think, the one with no Greg Miller. They explicitly said they were "pretty sure" PS+ stuff would be available no matter when you subscribe. Colin or Jim said it.
If you can get a direct quote, post it here. This is certainly one of the groups who knows most about PSN stuff, and it would be helpful to know if there is some dire misinformation out there.

eznark said:
Is that official policy? They'll always offer two months at a time? When I pull up WipeOut HD right now it shows it at full price and does not have a little plus symbol next to it.
I only logged in last night to get the Critter Crunch download, I didn't bother to check what was still available.

If someone has access to their PSN+ account, perhaps check to see if stuff aged out of the program from the first week? It's possible (although this is not how I understood the program AT ALL) that they're adding stuff every week and removing the stuff from the 4th week prior. So perhaps the first week of stuff is now out, but weeks 2 and 3 are still there along with this week (week 4).

anddo0

eznark said:

Yeah. I just checked on Age of Zombies, no PS+ sign. It looks like Junes content is no longer free. Good one Sony:lol I had no idea this shit was so backwards.

How do they expect to draw people who are on the fence in?

The only way I'm pulling the trigger on this thing is an instant LBP2 beta invite. Even then I'm sure I'll have better options...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope Earthworm Jim HD comes next week to the US PSN.

Just to spite jvm, what if Pacman CE was PSN+ exclusive? 8)

jvm

Gamasutra.
Ok, according to kassatsu's posts here on GAF:

Wipeout HD and Rally Cross were free with PSN+ the first week (29 June). Are these still free for PSN+ users today?

Field Runners was free with PSN+ the second week (6 July). Is this still free? (I didn't recall that Field Runners was part of U.S. PSN+, so as an alternative, is Hamsterball only $3.99 with PSN+ today?)

It would be good to know what got reset and what didn't...

jvm

Gamasutra.
ULTROS! said:
I hope Earthworm Jim HD comes next week to the US PSN.

Just to spite jvm, what if Pacman CE was PSN+ exclusive? 8)
No problem. I have PSN+. (12 months + 3 months.)

Oh, I see what you mean. I'd have to buy it outside of PSN+ to keep it forever without having a subscription.

Cruel. You really know how to hurt a guy.

ULTROS!

To make it worse, what if Pacman CE was released the day after your PSN+ subscription runs out... And its totally PSN+ exclusive. 8)

Goldrusher

anddo0 said:
I can't tell, are you being serious?
I meant that you won't ever get the previous month's content. That's only logical, isn't it ?

In Europe, it's easy. Plus content only changes the first update of a month.

In the US, it changes every week, which is confusing because Plus was launched the last week of June and this week they updated it with August stuff.

Top Bottom