• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store Content 2007 - (almost) Comprehensive List

Crisis

Banned
-jinx- said:
Outstanding post!

For those of you playing PS1 games on the PSP: Which ones do you feel have held up well over time, and translate well to the PSP control scheme? So far, I have only purchased Twisted Metal 2 (works...OK, still miss the two L/R buttons) and Hot Shots Golf 2 (works terrific on PSP and is a holdover until HSG:OT2 hits the U.S.). Are there any others to consider?

Castlevania and Crash Bandicoot went over extremely well in my opinion. Also Tekken 2 but there's really not a reason to get that since Dark Resurrection is already available.

Klytus

Will there be an EU PSN update I wonder? Probably not but we can hope...

Great thread, and cheers for all the hard work throughout the year Tanod (and Chubigans!):D

Angelcurio

-jinx- said:
Outstanding post!

For those of you playing PS1 games on the PSP: Which ones do you feel have held up well over time, and translate well to the PSP control scheme? So far, I have only purchased Twisted Metal 2 (works...OK, still miss the two L/R buttons) and Hot Shots Golf 2 (works terrific on PSP and is a holdover until HSG:OT2 hits the U.S.). Are there any others to consider?
From the japanese store (using a japan PSN card) i have got kof 98, gunners heaven and metal slug x, those 3 games look really good on a friends PSP.

If Sony do a stealth release of Everyday Shooter today for Europeans I will forgive them for all of their wrongs through 2007...

YOU HAVE 1 HOUR!!!

Tieno

Keyser Soze said:
If Sony do a stealth release of Everyday Shooter today for Europeans I will forgive them for all of their wrongs through 2007...

YOU HAVE 1 HOUR!!!
Maybe Everyday Shooter is too violent?

ram

Klytus said:
Will there be an EU PSN update I wonder? Probably not but we can hope...

Great thread, and cheers for all the hard work throughout the year Tanod (and Chubigans!):D

who knwos for sure? but the remove of snakeball last week indicated that there will be a update in the eu today.

Tieno said:
Maybe Everyday Shooter is too violent?

I am more violent if I don't get my Everyday Shooter. Imagine how many kitten could have been hurt if I did not restrain myself over the past weeks!

tanod

when is my burrito
Thanks for the compliments guys. Knowing that people are waiting for the weekly threads is a good motivator for me to keep doing it every week.

As you may know already, I started doing these back around April because Sony was totally dropping the ball on letting us know when stuff was coming out. It was really friggin annoying.

They've gotten better though and that makes it easier for me to post all the new stuff every week. I remember when I had to dig through every store every week and type it all out. The US Store is a lot easier to do now but I still have to dig into the UK and Japan store almost every week. I've been getting help from a lot of cool posters on GAF too like Goldrusher, Crisis, Zoe, Reminder, and Chubigans who have all helped at some point in the last year.

I came to GAF a year ago because I was looking for a PS3 and you would see threads popping up when it was available to pick up somewhere online. A combination of that and 1UP Yours made me want to register here and so here I am.

Also, Iowa is a lonely place for hardcore gamers. I'm glad to be a part of the GAF community and that I can give a little back for what I've received.

BTW: Never ask me for help finding something on the Japan Store. :p That thing is a friggin unorganized mess right now. Needs a MAJOR overhaul like the US Store got. I don't know any Japanese either so if you're looking for something in particular, you're kind of SOL.

KZObsessed

I didn't see the official PSN update thread (not ready yet?) but on the UK store the Super Stardust HD demo is live (i thought it was the update because it says "upgrade" but its just a demo! Damn you Sony!) along with a demo of "The Club"

Downloading now :D

EDIT: I just downloaded the "demo" of Super Stardust and I now have custom soundtracks! ahahahahahaha YES! :D

Keyser Soze said:
I am more violent if I don't get my Everyday Shooter. Imagine how many kitten could have been hurt if I did not restrain myself over the past weeks!
I wish I had money for Everyday Shooter :( But I just bought a PS3 and you all know how that goes.

Erebus

WTF? Even SCEE updated their store, and SCEA aren't gonna do it? It seems that only SCEA employees have Christmas break. :lol

DarkUSS said:
WTF? Even SCEE updated their store, and SCEA aren't gonna do it? It seems that only SCEA employees have Christmas break. :lol

Well seeing as SCEE has been on holiday all year, it's only right they finally get back to work and give us something for a change!:lol

Tntnnbltn

UK update list, for the record:

Games/Demos
- Super Stardust HD (4.99) (It shows up as a new item. Un-stealthing the update they did a while back)
- Super Stardust HD - "Demo and Upgrade"
- The Club Demo

That's it. No videos or other tidbits.

Erebus

Katana_Strikes said:
Well seeing as SCEE has been on holiday all year, it's only right they finally get back to work and give us something for a change!:lol

You can't say the same for SCEJ though as they also updated their store. That leaves only US without an update this week.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Tntnnbltn said:
UK update list, for the record:

Games/Demos
- Super Stardust HD (4.99) (It shows up as a new item. Un-stealthing the update they did a while back)
- Super Stardust HD - "Demo and Upgrade"
- The Club Demo

That's it. No videos or other tidbits.

yeah i m downloading the club now

now with Japane Store and EU stores got updated , US/CAN stores today should get one too

doogles said:
Unfortunately, Gob, my American PS3 only accepts American money. Taste the sad. But thank you.

I will (would have) payed you in any currency, but it has still not appeared in Europe yet so I am not gloriously happy enough to throw money at you :(

The Club is a nice surprise though, I was looking forward to this game!

The Jer

-jinx- said:
Outstanding post!

Jumping Flash! is still great.

It only uses one shoulder button (for looking around), so I don't see why it wouldn't work well on the PSP (don't have a psp to try it).

Wollan

So my father received a PS3 for xmas.

I see it as compulsorary for the Killzone 2 trailer to exist on any PS3 hdd in use so I thought I would go and download it from the (European) PS Store.

Now, it seems like I can't find it anywere. Wtf Sony!
The only thing KZ2 related is a theme.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Tanod, you are king of the PSN threads. Glad to have ya here.

Will the SSHD upgrade and demo effect m US copy of SSHD?

edit:
M3wThr33 said:
WON'T WORK.

Stop think cross-country add-ons and upgrades work.

ok

Link

The Autumn Wind
Quick question: are there any plans to allow us to download PS1 games to the PSP wirelessly? Or is that just a pipedream of mine?

M3wThr33

Banned
Link said:
Quick question: are there any plans to allow us to download PS1 games to the PSP wirelessly? Or is that just a pipedream of mine?
That would require the PSP to stay wirelessly connected to the PS3 and currently there's no way to do that. Remote Play is just a simple VPN.
That's NOT to say it won't be added later. God knows the PSP hardly resembles the launch firmware.

neojubei

Something to look forward to on the American PSN next year

DSC01419.jpg

Supports rumble too.:D

Link

The Autumn Wind
M3wThr33 said:
That would require the PSP to stay wirelessly connected to the PS3 and currently there's no way to do that. Remote Play is just a simple VPN.
That's NOT to say it won't be added later. God knows the PSP hardly resembles the launch firmware.
I'm not talking through remote play. I mean wirelessly downloading content directly, with no PS3 involved.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'd still have to log onto the site and download it to my PC, though. I just want to be able to go to the PSN shop on the PSP's browser, choose what I want, and download it. Kind of like the firmware updates.

Speevy

Banned
neojubei said:
Something to look forward to on the American PSN next year

DSC01419.jpg

Supports rumble too.:D

Is this speculation on your part or are they putting custom soundtracks into every game?

angelfly

Speevy said:
Is this speculation on your part or are they putting custom soundtracks into every game?

That looks like a game specific implementation. Hope it turns out to be universal in game xmb in the end.

neojubei

Speevy said:

Unfortunately I think the custom soundtrack is game specific. We might see this demo/upgrade on the US PSN next year since they are on holiday this week.

WinFonda said:
What... is this? Should I be excited or not?

Super Stardust HD demo/upgrade from the European PSN store. I think the US PSN store will have this as well next year.

Xisiqomelir

Tanod, I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I have depended on your weekly PSN update threads all year since Sony's site is ass.

Great job!

-jinx- said:
Outstanding post!

I personally think Spyro and Wild Arms are a lot of fun and hold up well.

Schrade

Xisiqomelir said:
Tanod, I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I have depended on your weekly PSN update threads all year since Sony's site is ass.

Great job!
I totally agree.

Thanks for all your efforts, Tanod!

neojubei

Does anyone know if I buy a PS1 game from my japanese account how can i share it with my friend? I gave him my username and password but he has trouble signing in.

careksims

Hey Tanod! Thanks for the weekly updates! Totally worth it and much appreciated! Kudos to Chubigans and all those who help make the weekly PSN updates, FULL OF AWESOME! Let's have a better year in 08! :D Cheers!

Grayman

-jinx- said:
Outstanding post!

Castlevania is perfect, well, switching to wolf form using the nub so you sometimes hit it by mistake when trying spells.

I suspect that jet moto is broken unless the game was modded for nub support or something, it's unplayable with any 2 shoulder button setup when I ripped my own copy.

yurinka

By the way, yestarday I saw a PS1 Capcom game in the Japanese store with the name writed in kanjis (it wasn't Bio Hazard DC, Bio Hazard 2 or Dino Crisis).

Does anyone knows what's this game?

Top Bottom