• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store: October 2023’s top downloads

It’s time to see which PS5, PS4, PS VR2, PS VR, and free-to-play games topped the download charts this month. The newly released Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 swung to the top of October’s PS5 list. For PS VR2, Beat Saber rocked to the top of the list.

Check out the full listings below. What titles are you playing this month?

PS5 Games​

US/CanadaEU
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
Assassin’s Creed MirageEA SPORTS FC 24
Madden NFL 24Assassin’s Creed Mirage
EA SPORTS FC 24Grand Theft Auto V
NBA 2K24Alan Wake 2
UFC 5UFC 5
Lords of the FallenLords of the Fallen
NHL 24Baldur’s Gate 3
Mortal Kombat 1Cyberpunk 2077
Grand Theft Auto VTom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Alan Wake 2NBA 2K24
Baldur’s Gate 3The Crew Motorfest
METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION Vol.1
Lies of PHogwarts Legacy
STAR WARS Jedi: SurvivorAmong Us
The Crew MotorfestNHL 24
ELDEN RINGSTAR WARS Jedi: Survivor
PAYDAY 3Lies of P
Hogwarts LegacyELDEN RING
*Naming of products may differ between regions
*Upgrades not included

PS4 Games​

US/CanadaEU
Red Dead Redemption 2EA SPORTS FC 24
MinecraftMinecraft
EA SPORTS FC 24Red Dead Redemption 2
Madden NFL 24Assassin’s Creed Mirage
Assassin’s Creed MirageGrand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto VNeed for Speed Heat
Batman: Arkham KnightNeed for Speed Payback
Need for Speed HeatThe Forest
NHL 24Batman: Arkham Knight
NBA 2K24CarX Drift Racing Online
The ForestA Way Out
Need for Speed PaybackHogwarts Legacy
Gang BeastsRiders Republic
Totally Accurate Battle SimulatorGang Beasts
Injustice 2Outlast
STAR WARS Battlefront IISTAR WARS Battlefront II
Red Dead RedemptionF1 23
Hogwarts LegacyDead Island Definitive Edition
CarX Drift Racing OnlineOutlast 2
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
*Naming of products may differ between regions

PS VR2 Games*​

US/CanadaEU
Beat SaberThe Dark Pictures: Switchback VR
The Dark Pictures: Switchback VRBeat Saber
Propagation: Paradise HotelPropagation: Paradise Hotel
PavlovPavlov
Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost LordThe 7th Guest VR
The 7th Guest VRHubris
Crossfire: Sierra SquadCrossfire: Sierra Squad
Angry Birds VR: Isle of PigsMoss: Book II
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Chapter 2: RetributionAngry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs
HubrisRed Matter
*PS Store purchases only. Game upgrades or games bundled with hardware not included

PSVR Games​

US/CanadaEU
The Walking Dead OnslaughtThe Walking Dead Onslaught
SUPERHOT VRSUPERHOT VR
Job SimulatorJob Simulator
Creed Rise to GloryBatman: Arkham VR
Beat SaberBeat Saber
ASTRO BOT Rescue MissionCreed: Rise to Glory
Batman: Arkham VRGoalkeeper VR Challenge
Paranormal Activity: The Lost SoulSniper Elite VR
The Exorcist: Legion VRASTRO BOT Rescue Mission
NFL PRO ERASwordsman VR

Free to Play (PS5 + PS4)​

US/CanadaEU
RobloxRoblox
MY HERO ULTRA RUMBLEDisney Speedstorm
FortniteFortnite
Disney SpeedstormMY HERO ULTRA RUMBLE
Call of Duty: WarzoneCall of Duty: Warzone
Honkai: Star RailRocket League
Fall GuysFall Guys
Apex LegendseFootball 2024
Rocket LeagueThe Sims 4
The Sims 4Honkai: Star Rail

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Won't be long before they cave and put Alan Wake 2 on Steam. Those numbers are horrible so they'll need to recoup the investment somehow.

EDMIX

God Americans have such shit taste, how can AW2 be so low in the US ?

Damn, thats crazy, so they removed an entire method of buying the game and less people bought it? Damn, who the fuck thought that would have occurred..

release with limited distribution, accept limited sales....

God Americans have such shit taste, how can AW2 be so low in the US ?
None of Remedy's games have ever had record breaking sales, including the original Alan Wake and the American Nightmare DLC. Remedy to their credit though, seem to understand their audience is rather small and budget themselves accordingly, such that all of their games are still profitable, which is a skill more studios need (I'm looking at you Arkane).

I think pretty much every game releasing in the rest of this year is going to flop some. (except CoD)
There's been so many games this year, people are not in a rush for the last few in the year.
AW2 is gonna sit on my wishlist for a long time.

Same. AW2 is on my wishlist, but it's a massive wishlist, and I'll still need to play AW:R first.

I bet I'll get around to it in 2026.

None of Remedy's games have ever had record breaking sales, including the original Alan Wake and the American Nightmare DLC. Remedy to their credit though, seem to understand their audience is rather small and budget themselves accordingly, such that all of their games are still profitable, which is a skill more studios need (I'm looking at you Arkane).

Max Payne was absolutely a hit.

Alan Wake 1 not releasing on PS3 didn't help it. They skipped the PS3 entirely and the vast majority of the PS4.

aclar00

Congrats to the newly released indie game called: Grand Theft Auto V. I hope they will be able to make a profit on it.

Man...its crazy. Im so out of touch...last one i kind of played was Vice City. Cant believe the legs on this game. Can only imagine 6.

Alan Wake 1 not releasing on PS3 didn't help it. They skipped the PS3 entirely and the vast majority of the PS4.
Sure. One game of theirs sold more than 4 million copies. But Max Payne 2 underperformed and put the series on ice for years and certainly none of their other games have been big hits.

Man...its crazy. Im so out of touch...last one i kind of played was Vice City. Cant believe the legs on this game. Can only imagine 6.

People buy GTA and Red Dead because they are popular online games.

It's why the idea of TLOU Online makes a lot of sense.

You can get GTA Online or Red Dead Online stand-alone, but they're generally 20 dollars. Makes more sense to just buy the full game.

So my guess is Naughty Dog will follow suit.

There will be a PS5 release of TLOU2 and a PC port and these will come with TLOU Online.

TLOU Online will also be available for purchase separately for 20 dollars and maybe just maybe they'll do a 10-dollar upgrade for people who bought TLOUP1 and TLOU2 on PS4. Doubtful but possible. There will be a massive backlash otherwise.

Alan Wake 2 flopped as many expected here.
Flopped? It was top 5 in Europe and just missed top 10 in US after 3 days on sale. Let me remind you that Control sold very well and it wasn't even in the top 20 in NPD or PS Store charts in its launch month. It was never going to outsell sports titles and bigger names like Spider-Man and Assassin's Creed. If the game hadn't even made top 20 then you may have an argument about it "flopping" but again like Control that isn't a fact

Last edited:
Sure. One game of theirs sold more than 4 million copies. But Max Payne 2 underperformed and put the series on ice for years and certainly none of their other games have been big hits.

You said none of their games. I was just correcting the record.

Their deal with Microsoft stunted their growth and potential.

Doom85

Alan Wake 2 released near the end of October. Sure, most of the downloads would likely be within those first few days, but it’s still worth pointing out.

Alan Wake 2 released near the end of October. Sure, most of the downloads would likely be within those first few days, but it’s still worth pointing out.
I mean the strong reception to it no doubt would lead to many people picking it up days after its release. I think it will do fine over time

Elysium44

Banned

Max Payne 1 & 2 were their only great games with genuine broad market appeal. The others are very niche with lots of hype but most people, me included aren't interested.

Alan Wake 2 was released on the 27th so it's only really tracking like 4 days.
But damn, 5 sports games in the US/Canada top 10.

Alan Wake 2 was released on the 27th so it's only really tracking like 4 days.
But damn, 5 sports games in the US/Canada top 10.

We just had the sports equinox.

This is the biggest time of the year for sports where you have baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and soccer all happening at the same time.

People tend to buy the games during these seasons.

Three

You guys are all talking about physical but these charts are top Downloads so no physical isn't the reason it isn't charting high.

Don Carlo

highly agreed

Top Bottom