• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Once again, OTs are for specific games, not for whatever random topic. Stop using "|OT|" markings on Gaming for anything that isn't an official thread for a specific game's release.

It's worse than that, he's dead ,Jim, dead.
Somehow this thread puts that song into my head.

But very likely Euro day 1 for me. Games, podcasts, a decent browser, if that's all in there, then I'm already quite happy. A decent App Store would be a nice bonus. Would like some nice Youtube app too.

RIP Vita, haha.

can't wait to launch vids and pics of the vita and hopefully someone has direct vid of hot shots golf , game looks :O amazing

Vita has no game

XPQLj.png

Even if Vita is already dead it is for sure not in Japan but in the US. Japan was PSPs biggest market and will be the same for Vita. US is another story...

x3sphere

So who's importing I shall get my wifi vita on the 21st with ultimate marvel vs capcom 3,dynast warriors next,blazblue,power smash 4 and ridge racer :)

I ordered a wifi one along with Uncharted. May get Katamari off the PS Store and I'm also waiting for Wipeout.

I'd get Ridge Racer, but it's a total rip off. Only three tracks.

Takao

Banned
Real talk; what's the launch lineup?

Too many. :( Give me 2 hours or so and the OP will have all the Japanese launch titles.

Because Takao is depressed and can't get over MH.

I don't even like Monster Hunter.
I just liked what it did to the PSP.

yeah, this should be put in the OP. it would be great to include the NA and EU launch lineups as well.

Please don't kill me. :(

EU and NA launch lineups haven't been 100% solidified. What I'm going to list in the OP are day 1 titles.

btkadams

Nobody knows the NA and EU launch lineups yet.

there have been games that have been confirmed for NA/EU launch.

Please don't kill me. :(

EU and NA launch lineups haven't been 100% solidified. What I'm going to list in the OP are day 1 titles.
oh i know. there have been some that have been confirmed though, so while the list might have a bunch added or maybe some pushed back, it would still be an up-to-date list.

We know the first party lineup and also a lot of third party confirmed games, and we can assume a lot more...

Best Launch Lineup for any system ever.

Forever

Banned
I'm actually really curious to see if Sony can pull this off.

What's the big system seller? Uncharted always struck me as more of a western franchise.

Takao

Banned

What's the big system seller? Uncharted always struck me as more of a western franchise.

Hot Shots Golf is the biggest Vita launch title. If things go according to plan it could do 400-500k in Japan.

Ridley327

Ridge Racer is probably the safest bet as far as the biggest launch title, but with what we know about it, it could not be more undeserving.

Hot Shots Golf probably won't be a slouch, either.

Forever

Banned
Last question: Any indication of how the Japanese consumers are anticipating it yet? I remember a mad frenzy for the PSP back in the day.

krae_man

I'm still looking for a Go at sub-$50

Lots of stores near me still have tons of them still at $199 just sitting there collecting dust. No doubt because the department manager doesn't want to take the loss on them and just keeps deferring taking the loss.

Ridley327

I forgot about Near. Do I collect their PS Home characters?

It doesn't sound like anything like what Mii Plaza does, but you do get their profile with the last five games they've played and whatever gifts that they've decided to leave for you. Gifts can include items that can be used in a game or challenges for a game that you can try and clear.

Takao

Banned
I'm not going to include the Nico Nico, of Social Networking applications on account of not wanting to go crazy.

If things don't go according to plan, is a Nintendo style panic mode plausible? Or would the losses be too big?

Probably no price collapse in year 1. Sony would release a billion colours or something, and throw a lot of software at the wall hoping for something to stick.

$5 says there's going to be a typo on the box.

Instead of Vita it will be called "Vida" somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom