• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Releasing In February/March In Europe

Sounds good to me, will probably be able to resist getting a Japanese one if it's only a couple of months wait for the (much cheaper after import fees etc) UK release.

Mr_Brit

Banned
OneMoreQuestion said:
And O for confirm plus X for cancel.

That drove me crazy on my imported japanese PSP 1000 until I got CFW.
This too. Anyone importing one just to save 2 months is crazy.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
I'll wait for the price drop.
Right? I don't see Vita performing any better than the 3DS, I think Sony will be forced to lower the price to $200/$250. We will see. You can add a redesign too.

I'm in no rush to buy Vita, it's in desperate need of new announcements because ch at the current line-up.

Bento

Oh well, I hope they can get a strong launch line up and stock up on the supplies for the West in that time.

Sammy Samusu said:
Right? I don't see Vita performing any better than the 3DS, I think Sony will be forced to lower the price to $200/$250. We will see. You can add a redesign too.

I'm in no rush to buy Vita, it's in desperate need of new announcements because ch at the current line-up.
The line up so far isn't that bad though (Wipeout + Uncharted + Hot Shots + Sound Shapes = ok imo) but hopefully they can add up some extra punch to it before the launch.

Bento said:
Oh well, I hope they can get a strong launch line up and stock up on the supplies for the West in that time.

The line up so far isn't that bad though (Wipeout + Uncharted + Hot Shots + Sound Shapes = ok imo) but hopefully they can add up some extra punch to it before the launch.

There is no more punch than Nathan drake my friend, its already looking 100x better than the 3DS line up at launch.

Binabik15

/wrists

My time spent on a train per day should be even higher this fall/wintet semester and Vita releases once it is over. Great.

thuway

I honestly hope they delay the launch in the US until some more killer apps are available. Its nice to have Uncharted, but the game has no multiplayer. Wipeout it awesome, but I just can't get into it. It would be nice to see a launch a hardcore FPS at launch, Gravity Daze, and some Square Enix loving Type-0 Plz.

thuway

kyo_daikun said:
There is no more punch than Nathan drake my friend, its already looking 100x better than the 3DS line up at launch.
Which isn't saying much seeing as how the 3Ds almost commited seppiku on the DS name. PSP might not have a strong name, but goddamn Sony, you need strong launch titles. Little Big Vita can't come soon enough. Mod Nation Racers needs to come quick too plz. Oh and bundle the damn thing with demos, demos, demos!!

KAL2006

Banned
thuway said:
I honestly hope they delay the launch in the US until some more killer apps are available. Its nice to have Uncharted, but the game has no multiplayer. Wipeout it awesome, but I just can't get into it. It would be nice to see a launch a hardcore FPS at launch, Gravity Daze, and some Square Enix loving Type-0 Plz.

Yep surprisingly even though Vita has dual analogs, no FPS games are announced for launch. Though I could see Resistance making it a few months after launch, the game is apparently going to be playable at Gamescom. I think it also has online multiplayer.

Shikoro

Something just died a little inside me. :(
Now all I have to see is the numbers 256+128MB and it's a definite no buy for me...

Xater

Not surprising at all. Of course they would choose this timeframe to have it release before the fiscal year ends.

V_Arnold

Our Gamescom coverage team just spotted a lot of PlayStation 3 Slim 320gb units being readied to be sold at 239 euros in a local store. Take it with a grain of salt or as a rumor, but all signs point to a "price drop active immediately" being readied by Sony for this afternoon.

Xater

V_Arnold said:
Our Gamescom coverage team just spotted a lot of PlayStation 3 Slim 320gb units being readied to be sold at 239 euros in a local store. Take it with a grain of salt or as a rumor, but all signs point to a "price drop active immediately" being readied by Sony for this afternoon.

Well the rumor was floating around before Gamescom. I am absolutely sure a price drop will be part of the Sony press conference today.

Meisadragon said:
It was 299 Euros earlier, right?

Yes.

gcubed

lol so people said 50 wasnt enough, but 100 was too much for Sony to handle, so Sony split the difference (not really, they went 60, such a weird cut)

V_Arnold said:

Would be surprised since it hasn't leaked in the press, even the pricepoint is a bit weird, €239...

I think we will see a €199 base unit and a €299 unit with a bigger hard drive Move bundled in. That €239 looks like a clearance price for a large HDD unit and the 160GB will be clearanced for €179.

Meisadragon said:
It was 299 Euros earlier, right?

160GB is €299 though it goes on offer quite often. 320GB is €349.

Edit: Beated...

[Nintex]

gcubed said:
lol so people said 50 wasnt enough, but 100 was too much for Sony to handle, so Sony split the difference (not really, they went 60, such a weird cut)
Maybe 239 with a game packed in and 199 for a stand alone PS3?

French

Banned
V_Arnold said:

199 / 249 would be big.

Majine

Banned
test_account said:
Vit = white in swedish. But when used to describe something with that color, it is "vita", i.e white shoes = vita skor.
But only stuff in plural, White car = Vit bil.

;)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmmm. Rumblings that MCV posted and quickly took down a story claiming PS3 will RRP at £199 in the UK. Not sure what that'd mean for Europe, not necessarily what it would mean historically given how the euro has strengthened vs the pound etc.

gcubed

[Nintex] said:
Maybe 239 with a game packed in and 199 for a stand alone PS3?

well as someone said above, the 320 is actually 349. So the question is do they make the 320 the only sku at 239? Or do they have a lower priced smaller HDD

gofreak said:
Hmmm. Rumblings that MCV posted and quickly took down a story claiming PS3 will RRP at £199 in the UK. Not sure what that'd mean for Europe, not necessarily what it would mean historically given how the euro has strengthened vs the pound etc.

£199 would be a rubbish price, it needs to be £149 here to really make a dent.

V_Ben

Banned
gofreak said:

They say they took a screen grab of the link, but they haven't posted it. :/

zomgbbqftw said:
£199 would be a rubbish price, it needs to be £149 here to really make a dent.

£199 would be a price where a lot of people I know would buy it. Also, with that price, expect to see used models drop to £149 or less.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm going to try to hold off and see if there are any glaring issues at launch. I don't want to spend $250 to find out that using it normally scratches its screen, or something ridiculous like that. I also don't want to find out it just kinda sucks to hold and use. Other than that I am more hyped for it than I've ever been for a handheld.

Syn23

Would someone please explain me what advantage could a non-worldwide release give to Sony?
(other than the obvious lower number of replacements in case of hardware fault)

SkylineRKR

Kinda sorry as I want a Vita asap, but for my wallet its for the better. There are no excuses for a crappy launch lineup now though.

About the Ps3; The 320gb is about 289 Euro's here, and the 160gb is priced at about 266 euro's.

gofreak said:
Presumably MCV is talking about a new RRP. Obviously UK retail can be very competitive.

But, I dunno. Only MoveModo seems to have spotted that article, who knows why they pulled it too.

Well there's an embargo that breaks at 7pm UK time so if it did exist I expect it was a mistake, or it is a draft with estimated prices and dates that someone put online without realising (probably an editor who doesn't know what they are doing!).

V_Ben

Banned
Syn23 said:
Would someone please explain me what advantage could a non-worldwide release give to Sony?

More software appropriate to each region ready at said region's launch, ability to manufacture enough hardware... that sort of stuff.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Syn23 said:

Allows them to launch earlier than they otherwise could.

If you have to serve three big territories, you have to wait til you have the supply for that. Launch in one territory first and you need smaller supply = sooner launch possible.

Requiring a worldwide launch here would simply mean Sony having to wait until next year to launch it anywhere.

V_Arnold

Syn23 said:

No advantage, it is just the way they can manage supplies.
If they want to have enough supplies for 3 simultaneous release, they have to finalize the design sooner and start producing the units sooner of course.

With a headstart in Japan, they can start where it is the strongest territory, focus on that, and even have more games getting readied to launch in other territories when the factories are in full force producing mode.

Top Bottom