• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Launch Thread: Welcome to The Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikos

Great OT! Beyond hyped! I've been waiting for VR my whole life.

Amazon better show some movement on my preorders soon, or I'm going to try my luck at a midnight launch.

Belfast

You know, I feel like it has been ignored a whole lot, but if you've never played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, you guys really owe it to yourselves to try it. Game's fun as hell, but you will need a friend!

motodd

Yasssss! Great OT and so excited for this launch. Am in on Day 1 with Rez Infinite, RIGS, Battlezone, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and VR Worlds. Goodbye real world indeed.

feezel

Great OT! Also, I just got notification that my PSVR has shipped!

I haven't bought any games yet as I'm waiting to try the demos first. I'll probably look at getting Driveclub, Batman, Thumper, and maybe RIGS.

I've used the Oculus Rift CV1 a few times but haven't had a chance to try the PSVR unit before. Can't wait!

KalBalboa

Banned
Here's mine:

Rigs
Battlezone
Rez
Batman: Arkham VR
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
Summer Lesson

I was 100% on Battlezone until I saw the $60 pricetag.

I just can't drop that kind of cash on that experience. Looks awesome, but $60 is a stretch when there's so much else to play in VR day one.
I got lucky with DriveClub for $20 last night, thanks to someone here on Gaf giving the heads up. They sold out within minutes too.

I did Amazon retail for ~$31, which is still nice. $20 is definitely a steal.

So what's the likelihood that I'll be able to walk into a store and buy one of these in a week or two? I wanna pick one up, but I'd rather wait for personal impressions from GAF, since none of my friends are getting one.

Headmaster needs more love. That shit is so fun.

I never would have thought, but... damn it's good.

Oh! And this:

You know, I feel like it has been ignored a whole lot, but if you've never played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, you guys really owe it to yourselves to try it. Game's fun as hell, but you will need a friend!

I'm gonna play the waiting game on this one (cancelling my pre-order is probably one of the hardest things I've done). I did my part buying the Launch Bundle of the PSVita and that didn't help save it. But I hope you guys like it because I really want this to get more support. (Battlezone still on my mind T_T).

also good job OP.

I pre-order from the Sony Store here in Japan, no movement as yet...my credit card hasn't been changed.

Downloaded the US Demo Disc as the Japanese Demo only has 5 titles on it.
REZ
PlayRoomVR
Eve: Valkyrie (Thanks Amazon for the pricing error).
RIGS
Summer Lessons ԅ(¯﹃¯ԅ)
DriveClubVR

iratA

I'm still wondering how I'm going to integrate this with my Home Theatre Set-up. I have a HDMI receiver and non of the FAQ's tackle people with this set-up. My main concern is the receiver introducing lag, but I have no idea how this will turn out. Nor how I would go to best wire this thing up.

kyser73

Awesome OT Sangetsu!

T-16 hours for me to pick up...then 9 hours of work & family...I'll probably be starting around the same time as US Gaf.

cruets

picked up
eve
battlezone
rigs
vr worlds
rez
thumper
here they lie
drive club vr
sports bar vr

i've never bought so many games at launch before. usually i just get like 2 games

Cess007

I was watching the other day some guys playing it; it looked amazingly fun. One of the games i will get as soon as i get a PSVR

Nicko

Fantastic job OP!! Got me thoroughly hyped and reminded that we have less that 48 hours until it's time to jack in!

Soi-Fong

picked up
eve
battlezone
rigs
vr worlds
rez
thumper
here they lie
drive club vr
sports bar vr

i've never bought so many games at launch before. usually i just get like 2 games

Sportsbar VR doesn't seem to be a launch title anymore per Amazon. Seems to be coming out the Monday after.

KalBalboa

Banned
I love how PSVR's launch is coming with games in every price tier.

Tumble VR for $10
Thumper/Batman/Until Dawn for $20
Job Simulator/Rez for $30
DriveClub VR for $40
RIGS for $50

Belfast

I was watching the other day some guys playing it; it looked amazingly fun. One of the games i will get as soon as i get a PSVR

I have it on PC already, but I'm really thinking about double-dipping if I'm able to secure a PSVR. It's not very expensive, either.

v0yce

Nice OT.

HYPE!

5D7QtbE.gif

kyser73

Also added myself to the MP list...only for DCVR so far, as I'm going to trial RIGS & BZ before committing...already $120 in the hole on s/ware so far, and that's before buying RotTR...altho I'm probably going to hold out on that until November and get it with Pro...

Driveclub VR won't get a preload, will it? :(

We don't even have a trophy list yet.

I've already got it installed on my PS4...which store are you on? Its been listed in teh PSVR section for at least a week in the Aus store..

hawk2025

Also added myself to the MP list...only for DCVR so far, as I'm going to trial RIGS & BZ before committing...already $120 in the hole on s/ware so far, and that's before buying RotTR...altho I'm probably going to hold out on that until November and get it with Pro...

I've already got it installed on my PS4...which store are you on? Its been listed in teh PSVR section for at least a week in the Aus store..

Not up on the US store.

Glix

Have it preordered with one day shipping.

Rez and Driveclub at least on day1. Waiting on reviews for Batman.

So excited!!! My first time using vr!!!

Have it preordered with one day shipping.

Rez and Driveclub at least on day1. Waiting on reviews for Batman.

So excited!!! My first time using vr!!!

Batman's been reviewed actually. Generally positive. Rez and Driveclub haven't been reviewed however.

Jealous of you guys, wish I had a pre-order but it's too expensive for me atm. I imagine by the time I get one all the multiplayer games will be dead though :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom