• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Toe-Knee

Thanks for answering all of my questions guys. So I'm gonna buy me a PS4 Pro.. First without VR. I have to play Horizon and the new god of war first. Then I'm gonna buy the VR headset for shenanigans :D

One last question..Btw. do you think a HTC vive is better? But my PC sucks ass.. It's from 2010 so I most probably can't use it, right?

I haven't used the vive but I think the oldest graphics cards you can get a good result with came out around 2012/13 of I recall correctly so you are probably out of luck on that front.

You may be able to use the windows mixed reality headsets but I aren't sure what the software side of it looks like.

For me it was between the rift and psvr. For me personally there are more interesting games on psvr

philm87

Thanks for answering all of my questions guys. So I'm gonna buy me a PS4 Pro.. First without VR. I have to play Horizon and the new god of war first. Then I'm gonna buy the VR headset for shenanigans :D

One last question..Btw. do you think a HTC vive is better? But my PC sucks ass.. It's from 2010 so I most probably can't use it, right?

Yeah pretty sure the Vive is better. But you need a beast of a PC to get the most out of it. I've seen minimum spec running and it definitely looks worse than PSVR.

Definitely recommend the Pro, it's not a huge leap in cost for the extra power you get.

philm87

Got a switch box being delivered today, as much as I thought I could put up with switching the cables over it does become a bit tedious after a while!

Toe-Knee

Got a switch box being delivered today, as much as I thought I could put up with switching the cables over it does become a bit tedious after a while!

Which did you get?

The only issues I've had is if you switch while the TV is on you will get occasional dropouts but if you turn the TV off before switching its spot on.

philm87

Which did you get?

The only issues I've had is if you switch while the TV is on you will get occasional dropouts but if you turn the TV off before switching its spot on.

The HUIERAV one you recommended yesterday. I'll be having words with you if it's no good :p

Geki-D

Banned
Played RE7VR with 3 friends who don't play video games at all. Whilst 2 of them couldn't handle the fear, one of them utterly loved it and came away wanting to beat the whole game. The interesting thing is that a few months ago (maybe years now that I think about it), they tried UC remake and just couldn't get their heads round the whole dial analogues to move and look mechanic you find in pretty much every game. But VR got rid of that, I mean you still need to use both analogues (they also stumbled on the other buttons, especially seeing as they couldn't see them), but it seriously helped get around a lot of it. In the end they were all massively impressed by RE7VR.

It was a really interesting experience.

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

Played RE7VR with 3 friends who don't play video games at all. Whilst 2 of them couldn't handle the fear, one of them utterly loved it and came away wanting to beat the whole game. The interesting thing is that a few months ago (maybe years now that I think about it), they tried UC remake and just couldn't get their heads round the whole dial analogues to move and look mechanic you find in pretty much every game. But VR got rid of that, I mean you still need to use both analogues (they also stumbled on the other buttons, especially seeing as they couldn't see them), but it seriously helped get around a lot of it. In the end they were all massively impressed by RE7VR.

It was a really interesting experience.

This is good to hear. I picked up re7 gold yesterday and my partner is wanting to play but she struggles sometimes with camera controls. I was thinking the somewhat free looking with the head should help.

Hostile_18

Banned
So having only recently getting a PSVR and a PSN sale change over today or tomorrow I've got my fingers crossed that some good PSVR games will be included! I had my unit like a day when the last one concluded.

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone tried Surgeon Simulator? It's £3.99 on the UK PSN store sale so will pick it up if it's any good.
It can be fun, and it can be frustrating. One of the worst things about it for me was the loading times. You can very easily fail a surgery just because the game physics bugged out and then you're standing there staring at a black screen and waiting for it to come back and bug out again. If you're just looking to mess around with it, it's worth a few bucks.

philm87

It can be fun, and it can be frustrating. One of the worst things about it for me was the loading times. You can very easily fail a surgery just because the game physics bugged out and then you're standing there staring at a black screen and waiting for it to come back and bug out again. If you're just looking to mess around with it, it's worth a few bucks.

Cheers. Think it's grabbed my curiosity enough for that price. Just didn't want it to be a total mess of a game. Apparently they patched out a lot of the issues it had on launch.

New here. So hey everyone!

Just want to say I've had PSVR since launch and love it. The two games that have gotten the most attention out of me are RE7 and Rec Room. If you haven't downloaded Rec Room ( it's free btw ) yet....do so. I've put in ridiculous amount of hours every damn day.

philm87

Finally got round to trimming Paranormal Activity. Love the atmosphere, graphics are fairly good for vr, but can't get through doors! Anybody else had an issue with door handles on this game? My tracking will be working absolutely perfectly, then I grab the handle and the hand doesn't seem to move. Eventually got one door open out of sheer luck. (The doors I tried weren't locked!)
Am I just doing something wrong or have others had this issue?

ultrazilla

PSVR-755x425.jpg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/15/new-playstation-vr-deals-available-starting-february-18/

So this is going live this Sunday. The "big" mystery that Sony has not commented on yet is whether these are the old models or the new models that released in November 2017 with HDR pass through
and other improvements.

Here's a spec break down between the "old" and "new" head sets:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/tech-specs/

I know I'd want the CUH-ZVR2 series(new model) as it supports this:

Processor Unit Function-
3D audio processing, Social Screen (mirroring mode, separate mode),
Cinematic mode, 4K and HDR (pass-through mode only)

While the "old" version CUH-ZVR1 series does not support 4k and HDR pass-through.

Processor Unit Function
Cinematic mode

I've been sending tweets to Playstation's official Twitter(that announced it) along with posting on the official Playstation forums and everyone is clueless.

Does anyone know OFFICIALLY what models these are? Thanks!

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

PSVR-755x425.jpg

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/15/new-playstation-vr-deals-available-starting-february-18/

So this is going live this Sunday. The "big" mystery that Sony has not commented on yet is whether these are the old models or the new models that released in November 2017 with HDR pass through
and other improvements.

Here's a spec break down between the "old" and "new" head sets:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-vr/tech-specs/

I know I'd want the CUH-ZVR2 series(new model) as it supports this:

Processor Unit Function-
Cinematic mode, 4K and HDR (pass-through mode only)

While the "old" version CUH-ZVR1 series does not support 4k and HDR pass-through.

Processor Unit Function
Cinematic mode

I've been sending tweets to Playstation's official Twitter(that announced it) along with posting on the official Playstation forums and everyone is clueless.

Does anyone know OFFICIALLY what models these are? Thanks!

The old one does support 4k pass through. It's just HDR that can't pass. I solved it with a £10 switch.

I believe from the image they used that this is the new revision.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I was thinking of buying the Skyrim VR bundle while it is on sale for 350, but it appears many retailers seemed to raise the price an extra 50 dollars for only a a 50 dollar decrease in original price. I may just have to wait until winter of 2018 to purchase one.

Lokimaru

Been playing Knock Out League and it's a hell of a Workout. Really like the Characters so far especially Bea-ragge (But Fuck that Pirate). Really like the training mods like the relax and Strike training but it needs a Heavy Bag. Also need some dodge drills so you can correctly dodge punched at the proper range. I get hit a lot cause I'm not dodging far enough away from the blow. Also played Sprint vector but I keep pulling my cord out so I can't play long enough to get the hang of it. Cut the Cord Sony! Shame They havn't come up with a sticks from the controllers yet. You'd think they'd be on top of that shit by now given the speed the Dogbone gave way to the OG Duel Shock.

Plus where's This for Vr?

Last edited:
Been playing Knock Out League and it's a hell of a Workout. Really like the Characters so far especially Bea-ragge (But Fuck that Pirate). Really like the training mods like the relax and Strike training but it needs a Heavy Bag. Also need some dodge drills so you can correctly dodge punched at the proper range. I get hit a lot cause I'm not dodging far enough away from the blow. Also played Sprint vector but I keep pulling my cord out so I can't play long enough to get the hang of it. Cut the Cord Sony! Shame They havn't come up with a sticks from the controllers yet. You'd think they'd be on top of that shit by now given the speed the Dogbone gave way to the OG Duel Shock.

Plus where's This for Vr?

i've never even seen this before

was it ever actually released on PS3?

Bluecondor

Has anyone tried Knockout League yet?

This review sounds great and I really trust PSVR without Parole's reviews. I am going to give this game a shot soon:

MultiCore

im still looking a good video app for PSVR, which support most popular video format with DLNA
Aren't we all?
Littlstar is your only option for VR content at the moment as fast as I know, but it has to be on local storage.

Would be nice to have VR Kodi, for sure. Watching 2D movies isn't something I'd do a ton of though.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Superhot vr on sale finally on us Psn store!! Every vr game seems to have a ps+ discount to coincide with the hardware promo.

gmoran

Been playing Honor and Duty VR patch today, mostly on the 5 v 5 multiplayer. This is a budget game, and it shows, but even so I had tremendous fun, really enjoyed it. The VR definitely elevates the experience and it has Aim support and that really enhances it too.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Should be receiving the new psvr tomorrow, will be selling my old one with Ibis switch shortly after. Waiting on farpoint to arrive and that psn sale , have to pick up archangel.. mechs in VR.. sold.

Grinchy

Banned
Played some VR for the first time in a little while. I tried out the new Arizona Sunshine horde maps with a buddy. That game still sucks ass. God damn is it horrible.

We put in Farpoint to rinse the bad taste out of our virtual mouths and the improvements they made on that are awesome. Great stuff for the co-op mode. I just don't know how anyone can own both of these games and ever choose Arizona Sunshit to play.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Nice review! I like the one minute video format, as a lot of times I just want to see someone's quick opinion on a game. I just subscribed to your Youtube page.

thanks for the sub. Tell your friends ;)

We recently decided to give youtube a shot but the reason we never did was due to time constraints since we all have full time jobs. The 1 minute format was what I came up with to try and alleviate that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom