• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony Santa Monica was actually mentioned by Shuhei on stage at E3 when talking about The Order 1886, though. I don't believe they were mentioned early on when discussing Journey, The Unfinished Swan, or PSASBR except that their offices were providing workspace for those teams. In this case Shu made it seem as though SSM is a partner in development while RAD is the creative team responsible for the IP.
No they weren't. He only mentioned Ready at Dawn.

And if they allegedly only were 3 people when the game was announced. And now they are more than 3 if my eyes don't deceive me and it's taken inside SSM then it doesn't sound like they were dropped.

I hate to use the PR term, but it was an 'incubation deal'.

So... Once again, nothing like the Lightbox situation.

tfur

zFAzKUJ.gif

Come on Santa Monica, ditch Kratos and bring on the new IP

Seriously though, where is this from? I need to know. Does she go into a hand job dance move?

beast786

I don't think IGN has this exclusive. just because the guy confirm on twitter doesn't mean it's exclusive to them.

I expect many big outlet to show it.

I don't think IGN has this exclusive. just because the guy confirm on twitter doesn't mean it's exclusive to them.

I expect many big outlet to show it.
Think so as well. It also has to be SSM new IP. They are likely working on it since GoW 3, which is a long time. They are not suited for a gamescom or TGS reveal, so the only two options left are a dedicated event or the VGAs. VGAs would be almost 4 years after GoW 3 released, so that seems really late for a reveal. So a dedicated event just makes sense.

Dusky

Think so as well. It also has to be SSM new IP. They are likely working on it since GoW 3, which is a long time. They are not suited for a gamescom or TGS reveal, so the only two options left are a dedicated event or the VGAs. VGAs would be almost 4 years after GoW 3 released, so that seems really late for a reveal. So a dedicated event just makes sense.

If it is SSM's new IP it's likely to be a Q3/Q4 2014 release meaning they have both VGA and next year's E3 to show it off.

Hexa

If it is SSM's new IP it's likely to be a Q3/Q4 2014 release meaning they have both VGA and next year's E3 to show it off.

Aren't VGA's generally Naughty Dog territory though, Sony wise? I would expect something from them more tbh.
Has SSM ever revealed anything there before? I don't remember any, though that could just be bad memory on my part.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I really hope it's a new IP. I like God of War but having played two new games and both the HD collections this gen, I've had more than my fill of it for the next year or three.

I was kidding about iOS, I'm just salty because the latest PoP game turned out to be a mobile thing. :p

Seriously though: do we know if it's a PS4/New IP game? It could end up being a new music streaming service for Vita.

androvsky

Now that I think about it, there's really not much in the way of outstanding trademarks that aren't obviously tied to something yet. We had the names Panopticon and The Order: 1866 before we games to tie them to.

Except for Playstation TV.

I'm betting the worlds involved here are Sony's gaming and movie divisions, and this didn't get fully announced at E3 because of the heat MS was taking with the Xbox One reveal. So, movie/TV streaming service incoming, with a heavy emphasis on the word "curated". Old rumors suggest they'll be throwing in some anime too.

I think it's a euro studio. it gives them time to announce the new IP. and they can do another big reveal at gamescom. i know it doesn't have to be just a euro studio. but i think it's a euro studio. i wouldn't be surprise it's LBP but not LBP. we do need more creation stuff seeing as sparks is pretty neat albeit an ugly default style lol.

Now that I think about it, there's really not much in the way of outstanding trademarks that aren't obviously tied to something yet. We had the names Panopticon and The Order: 1866 before we games to tie them to.

Except for Playstation TV.

I'm betting the worlds involved here are Sony's gaming and movie divisions, and this didn't get fully announced at E3 because of the heat MS was taking with the Xbox One reveal. So, movie/TV streaming service incoming, with a heavy emphasis on the word "curated". Old rumors suggest they'll be throwing in some anime too.

I need a new home for anime since Netflix has let their collection dwindle. Hulu is more for those who prefer Japanese voices in their toons.

androvsky

I need a new home for anime since Netflix has let their collection dwindle. Hulu is more for those who prefer Japanese voices in their toons.

I was going to say Crunchyroll until I got to the second sentence. :) What would be really great is if Funimation put out a console app... assuming they don't make a complete mess of it like they did the phone/tablet apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom