• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please explain to my roommate how incorrect he is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarishBHR

First off my roommate is the type of person that wants the best of everything regardless of cost. He likes videogames but does not follow them to the same extent that I do. He is currently debating between a 360 and a PS3. Regardless of what you guys think is better, his logic is that the PS3 is better simply because it is priced higher. He claims Sony wants the PS3 to be prestigious and does not want it to sell as much as the 360, he used Ferarri automobiles as an analogy. He says: Ferarri sells less and therefor costs more, and that sony has no intention of selling as many PS3s as 360 in world.

EDIT: How is this a FANBOY TOPIC!?!?! Thats rediculous. All I want you guys is to explain to him that SONY WANTS TO SELL AS MANY PS3s AS POSSIBLE!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
so what you're saying is you like xbox360 and you want to convince your friend into buying one instead of a ps3?

seriously, why the **** do you care? let him buy/think whatever he wants, its his money.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Why do you give a shit what your roommate buys?

This is that whole not true gamer and cringe when other people buy "bad" titles again shit isn't it....

NinSoX

Banned
Sony defence force rushing in and automatically assuming the worse.

Did you guys read his post?

"Regardless of what you guys think is better, his logic is that the PS3 is better simply because it is priced higher."

KarishBHR

sp0rsk said:
So you want us to tell him the 360 is better?

No but explain to him that Sony intends or is trying to sell as many PS3s as nintendo and microsoft and that they are not trying to sell less to be the Ferarri of game systems

DarienA

NinSoX said:
Sony defence force rushing in and automatically assuming the worse.

Did you guys read his post?

"Regardless of what you guys think is better, his logic is that the PS3 is better simply because it is priced higher."

Yes because asking him why he gives a shit about his retarded roommates logic or what retarded purchasing decisions he makes is truly a defense force question.

Dear Roommate,

You and your friend KarishBHR are both retarded. Have a nice day.

Yours,

Darien

Cheeto

KarishBHR said:
No but explain to him that Sony intends or is trying to sell as many PS3s as nintendo and microsoft and that they are not trying to sell less to be the Ferarri of game systems
Tell him that a video game system that sells the most creates a snowball effect of software being made for it. The more software that gets made, ultimately the more consoles get sold. Sony is taking a loss on each console they sell, in hopes that they will make back that loss later through software sales and continuing hardware sales.

KarishBHR said:
First off my roommate is the type of person that wants the best of everything regardless of cost. He likes videogames but does not follow them to the same extent that I do. He is currently debating between a 360 and a PS3. Regardless of what you guys think is better, his logic is that the PS3 is better simply because it is priced higher. He claims Sony wants the PS3 to be prestigious and does not want it to sell as much as the 360, he used Ferarri automobiles as an analogy. He says: Ferarri sells less and therefor costs more, and that sony has no intention of selling as many PS3s as 360 in world.

How did he get into UM?:lol

Tell him the 360 offers more right now because it has better games and features most of the stuff the PS3 has, sans Blu Ray of course

Short answer
Simply because the PS3 is more expensive doesn't make it a better system, no.

Longer answer
The PS3 does more stuff than the 360 can out of the box (connect any USB drive for media, Blu-ray playback, codec support, user-replaceable hard drive, non-proprietary memory card support, web browser, SACD, etc), so the added cost is reflective of what more can be done with the system compared to the competition.

I personally agree with your roommate and find the PS3 better. Yeah, it's priced higher, but you get full BC on PS1/PS2 games, blu-ray disc player, HDMI output, and lots of other great stuff.

NinSoX

Banned
DarienA said:
Yes because asking him why he gives a shit about his retarded roommates logic or what retarded purchasing decisions he makes is truly a defense force question.

Dear Roommate,

You and your friend KarishBHR are both retarded. Have a nice day.

Yours,

Darien

So you admit you're part of the SDF? :lol

FoxSpirit

Tell him that Ferrari is actually making money with each car they sell. Sony is loosing it. THAT'S why they want low sales. /irony

And developers don't care about console power, they care about software sales. And less hardware sold means less software produced (THEY want to make money). Which means fewer titles to choose from. Is that better or worse?

You can't argue anywhere beyond that point with his logic.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Mana Knight said:
I personally agree with your roommate and find the PS3 better. Yeah, it's priced higher, but you get full BC on PS1/PS2 games, blu-ray disc player, HDMI output, and lots of other great stuff.

b-1b_4.jpg

Mana Knight said:

Oh here we go another winning thread on the way.

Edit: Beaten!

NinSoX: what are you doing?

DarienA

NinSoX said:
So you admit you're part of the SDF? :lol

I'm part of the I hate moronic thread creators and moronic posters force.

Congrats you're my new target. I will now stalk you.... wait... where do you live?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wow what a fanboy topic.

How about this, since you already have an xbox 360 (do you?) why not have him buy a Ps3 and there you have the best of both worlds.

MutFox

Banned
neojubei said:
Wow what a fanboy topic.

How about this, since you already have an xbox 360 (do you?) why not have him buy a Ps3 and there you have the best of both worlds.

Cause he wants his friend to buy a 360 so MS "Wins."

neojubei said:
Wow what a fanboy topic.

That explains why you're here.

Besides Sony already won, I don't see the point of this thread. Buy an X360 and join the losing team if that floats your boat then methinks.

I mean shoot you buy an X360 and you end up with me. Do you want to be me? The only X360 game in my collection currently is Rumble Roses XX and I can't play a game unless it has boobs, guns, either, neither, and none, or possibly all of the above and more.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
KarishBHR said:
Actaully, one of their execs went on record saying that they don't necessarily care about selling as many consoles as they did with PS2, as long as they make profit.

Also, it only benefits you both if he gets a PS3. That way you both get to play all the games (assuming you already own X360)

ZeoVGM

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
That explains why you're here.

Besides Sony already won, I don't see the point of this thread. Buy an X360 and join the losing team if that floats your boat then methinks.

... Wait, what?

KarishBHR

How is this a FANBOY TOPIC!?!?! Thats rediculous. All I want you guys is to explain to him that SONY WANTS TO SELL AS MANY PS3s AS POSSIBLE!

NinSoX

Banned
DarienA said:
I'm part of the I hate moronic thread creators and moronic posters force.

Congrats you're my new target. I will now stalk you.... wait... where do you live?

:)

to OP: let him get a PS3..like a Ferrarri it'll be barely used, more of a showpiece. OH SNAP

jk

DarienA

KarishBHR said:
How is this a FANBOY TOPIC!?!?! Thats rediculous. All I want you guys is to explain to him that SONY WANTS TO SELL AS MANY PS3s AS POSSIBLE!

What do we get for telling him that?

Dear Roommate,

Don't believe anything Karish tells you. He's a filthy liar and an MS fanboy to boot. Have a nice day.

Yours,

Darien

P.S. I hear he sniffs glue too!

Surreal

KarishBHR said:

Sony is losing money on PS3s, why the hell would they want to sell as many PS3s as possible. You're wrong, just leave. This topic needs to be locked.

Bildi

Sounds like you live in Australia - people wanted the Xbox because it cost more and hence was better. I knew people who 'upgraded' their PS2 to an Xbox when the Xbox released.

mushy

Banned
tell him only idiots and losers buy ps3's
sony wants nothing more than to make dweebs out of all of us with their PSDWEEB

by the way the president of sony.. his face his too square he looks like a retarded version of iwata. im just sayin

mushy said:
tell him only idiots and losers buy ps3's
sony wants nothing more than to make dweebs out of all of us with their PSDWEEB

by the way the president of sony.. his face his too square he looks like a retarded version of iwata. im just sayin

All of this is QFT

But Sony is going to win.

Beezy

Surreal said:
Sony is losing money on PS3s, why the hell would they want to sell as many PS3s as possible. You're wrong, just leave. This topic needs to be locked.

:lol :lol :lol

KarishBHR

Surreal said:

because more hardware sales equals more software?

Why is everyone disagreeing with me.

BOTTOM LINE: SONY WANTS TO SELL AS MANY PS3s AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. HOW IS THIS DEBATABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom