• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Coffee is Ferrero's best kept secret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikodemos

Ferrero's most amazing product isn't Nutella.

It isn't the widely-known Rocher, or the Kinder Happy Hippo, or the Delice, or even the Pingui.

No, it's the rare and hard to obtain Pocket Coffee.

Produced in limited yearly runs, the special formulation of its enrobing dark chocolate is unstable and quickly separates when exposed to higher temperatures. Which is why it starts to disappear from store shelves by late Spring.

Inside the crystal sugar shell there's a shot of 100% Arabica espresso. The whole combo is amazing to taste, as you slowly crunch through the shell and get to taste chocolate and coffee.
True, eating more than two at a time will decrease your overall enjoyment (they are on the sweet side, like most other Ferrero confectioneries), but in moderation they are probably one of the best sweets in the world.

daveo42

Banned
brb using imagination because no pics

I got you.
20080522_pocketspill.jpg

Stuff is pretty amazing, mainly because it's chocolate-wrapped espresso.

Nikodemos

You can get them right at the checkout counter at pretty much every european supermarket :p
They vanish during Summer in these parts. And, of course, there's the geographical issue given that many of this board's members are from the US.

Where is this

Tell me, I must know

Well, amazon for one ;) but out here in the NYC area we get it all over due to the large foreign population. It's sold in the grocery store in the "international" aisle. I've also seen it at World Market.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so like chocolate liqueurs but with espresso? Why don't they sell these in the UK??

edit: argh, £9 on amazon for 18 but they'll be here tomorrow

Drazgul

All this amazing 'beetus and all I got in my local store is Kinder eggs. It ain't fair!

i'm rather partial towards Ferrero Küsschen ("little kisses"). They're actually a really nice combination of hazelnut and chocolate at a perfect size.

fuckoff1wutg.gif

Fliesen

Have you ever tried Pocket Espresso?

6e8sqs.jpg

Delicious stroke in a box

and people said those Nespresso capsules produced a lot of waste.
just look at all that plastic!

Not a big fan of pocket coffee myself. Not a fan of the taste of cold espresso, really.

i'm rather partial towards Ferrero Küsschen ("little kisses"). They're actually a really nice combination of hazelnut and chocolate at a perfect size.

eso76

Rare and hard to obtain ?

It's available in spades here.
You can find them just about anywhere. I happen to have 4 on my desk right now, but any bar, shop, supermarket has them. You can buy single pieces, or in boxes of 4,, 12, 24, 32..
I think i have a super large deluxe box at home somewhere.

I think overall its too sweet; i would like a little more contrast.
Sweet chocolate goes with bitter coffee, or vice versa.

Nikodemos

Rare and hard to obtain ?

It's available in spades here.
As I said, it mainly depends where you live. In several parts of East and South Europe they start vanishing from markets around May. And, of course, they're hard to find in the US.

I think overall its too sweet; i would like a little more contrast.
Sweet chocolate goes with bitter coffee, or vice versa.
True, they'd work better if the espresso filling was unsweetened. They wouldn't be as excessively satiating either, not to mention healthier (list reads almost 60 grams of sugar for 100 grams of product). Still like them, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom