• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point & Click adventures in 2012. Best so far, the kickstarters and the future.

Tizoc

Do it! A couple of great games there.

I know man I KNOW, I've lost my original Dig disc and my Monkey Island 3 box only has disc 2 ;.;
...and with MI3 I'd have the complete MI games for PC, and The Dig would be among my 'PC Master Race bragging rights stuff'.

vareon

Guys, tell me about Resonance. Is it super serious stuff like Gemini Rue? I'm not in the mood of very serious toned games right now. Something similar to Broken Sword is ok.

Resonance, from the two or so hours I've played of it, is not as grim as Gemini Rue. There is more humor in the character interactions.

(Reposting something I wrote in the Amazon thread, with some more links.) Adventure fans might be interested to know that a whole bunch of horror/mystery point-and-clicks are on sale for peanuts right now on Amazon DD. Doesn't seem to be an advertised promotion and Tony doesn't mention them on CAG so I don't know when it will end. As far as I can tell, none of these are Steam-redeemable, but hey, you can put up with a separate downloader for these prices.

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
The Whispered World $1.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99

Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Nibiru: Age of Secrets $1.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99
Sentinel: Descendants in Time $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

Plus a ton more $1.99 games if you look at the related links for any of these, although it looks like most of them are hidden-object. I tried to pick out most of the "real" adventures I saw.

Tizoc

(Reposting something I wrote in the Amazon thread, with some more links.) Adventure fans might be interested to know that a whole bunch of horror/mystery point-and-clicks are on sale for peanuts right now on Amazon DD. Doesn't seem to be an advertised promotion and Tony doesn't mention them on CAG so I don't know when it will end. As far as I can tell, none of these are Steam-redeemable, but hey, you can put up with a separate downloader for these prices.

Black Mirror II $1.99
Black Mirror III $1.99
Gray Matter $4.99
Alter Ego $1.99
Mystery Adventure Bundle (the above 4 games) $9.99
Dark Fall: The Journal $1.99

Dark Fall: Lights Out $1.99
Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder $2.50
Mata Hari $1.99
Cursed Mountain $4.99
Sinking Island $1.99
Nibiru: Age of Secrets $1.99
Aura $1.99
Aura 2: The Sacred Rings $1.99
Sentinel: Descendants in Time $1.99
Postmortem $1.99
Syberia II $1.99

Plus a ton more $1.99 games if you look at the related links for any of these, although it looks like most of them are hidden-object. I tried to pick out most of the "real" adventures I saw.

...I got Whispered World for $7.50 from gog @_@, ah well supporting gog and all that haha. Will check these out soon, but which of them are NOT horror genre? I don't mind mystery but I'm not a fan of horror type games XP

...I got Whispered World for $7.50 from gog @_@, ah well supporting gog and all that haha. Will check these out soon, but which of them are NOT horror genre? I don't mind mystery but I'm not a fan of horror type games XP

I haven't played any so I'm just going by what they look like and quickly reading some reviews. Gray Matter, Mata Hari, Sinking Island, and Postmortem look like mystery type games. Aura, Nibiru, and Sentinel look like Myst-likes (exploring strange worlds in first person).

Guys, tell me about Resonance. Is it super serious stuff like Gemini Rue? I'm not in the mood of very serious toned games right now. Something similar to Broken Sword is ok.

It's got plenty of humor like Broken Sword. You think Logan Cunningham from Bastion will be the super serious narrator, but nope he's a character and also he's funny with his noir-tinged dialogue much like Max Payne. Maybe I'm the only one who laughed at that.

So when will the new 2013 OT be up? I've got something new to gloat about lol.

I am in the process of writing it, to be honest it's mostly links, sites and ETA's. I'm going to try and highlight specific games every now and then on separate posts, like mini previews with some articles/sites information and pictures.
Then link back to those posts in original posts, for quick links.
I may have to post it later tonight though as I'm away new years eve and new years day.

Tizoc

I am in the process of writing it, to be honest it's mostly links, sites and ETA's. I'm going to try and highlight specific games every now and then on separate posts, like mini previews with some articles/sites information and pictures.
Then link back to those posts in original posts, for quick links.
I may have to post it later tonight though as I'm away new years eve and new years day.

TYT mate, just wanted to check on its progress =)

If The Dream Machine finishes in 2013, it might be one of the best adventure games for next year.

Give me a rundown of the big ones? Double Fine Adventure, Broken Sword: Serpent's Curse, Jane Jensen adventure. lol these are all just from kickstarter.

Does anybody have impressions on the Wallace and Gromit games? Absolutely love the shorts.
If you like the shorts you'll most likely enjoy the games. Telltale did a commendable job with the character models, and the Wallace sound-alike does pretty good work too. The second and third episodes are my favorite. Puzzles range, but don't expect anything overly difficult.

They do manage to add in new characters that feel like good additions to that world. I'd recommend the series.

They're much more in the spirit of the shorts than the platformer 'Project Zoo'.

NZNova

Currently cranking my way through A New Beginning. I'm enjoying the story concept thus far but my god, the voice acting. The horror... the horror.

inm8num2

Currently cranking my way through A New Beginning. I'm enjoying the story concept thus far but my god, the voice acting. The horror... the horror.

I've seen the complaints about the voice acting in ANB, but to be honest didn't have an issue with it. Is it a certain character?

Top Bottom