• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White and Black 2/White 2 In-Store Event: Meloetta

SSgdTiG.jpg

Get Meloetta for Your Pokémon Video Game!

Add the grace and power of the Mythical Pokémon Meloetta to your Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 game! The distribution event will last for a limited time, so don't miss this awesome opportunity to get Meloetta!

CLICK YOUR COUNTRY OR REGION'S NAME FOR MORE DETAILS!

IN CANADA:
The distribution will be available at participating EB Games locations from March 9th to April 19th.

IN LATIN AMERICA: (apparently minus Brazil and Chile?)
The distribution will be available at participating locations from March 22nd to April 19th.

IN THE UNITED KINGDOM:
The distribution will be available at participating GAME locations from March 22nd to April 19th.

IN FRANCE:
The distribution will be available at participating locations from March 22nd to April 19th.

IN SPAIN:
The distribution will be available at participating Blade Center, Canal Ocio, El Corte Inglés, Fnac, Game, GameStop, Hipercor, Media Markt, Saturn, Toys"R"Us, and Worten locations from March 22nd to April 19th.

IN PORTUGAL:

IN GERMANY:

IN ITALY:
The distribution will be available at participating Gamelife, Bond Games, GameStop, and Opengames locations from March 22nd to April 19th.

IN THE NETHERLANDS:
The distribution will be available at participating GameMania locations from March 22nd to April 19th.

IN AUSTRALIA:
The distribution will be available at participating EB Games and Target locations from March 4th to April 19th.

IN NEW ZEALAND:
The distribution will be available at participating JB Hi-Fi locations from March 4th to April 19th.

EVENT LOCATIONS ENDED:

IN THE UNITED STATES:
The distribution will be available at participating GameStop locations from March 4th to March 24th.

IN BRAZIL:
The distribution will be available at participating locations from March 4th to March 24th.

IN CHILE: [*]
The distribution will be available at participating Zmart and Microplay locations from March 6th to March 24th.

zroid

Banned
yay

I'm stepping out for some errands soon, will stop by an EB Games on the way~

edit: wait March 9th in Canada? wtf bro

Bii

The one day I don't bring my 3DS with me to work, this goes up. Looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Meier

I just bought a copy of Black 2 through that Best Buy deal but haven't played it. Can I still get the gift even if I just have a new game? Is there any sort of level requirement?

zroid

Banned
I just bought a copy of Black 2 through that Best Buy deal but haven't played it. Can I still get the gift even if I just have a new game? Is there any sort of level requirement?

IIRC, you might not be able to obtain the Meloetta in-game until you reach a certain point (pretty early on), but you can perform the mystery gift even without a save file.

Nah, there are no requirements. You can download special mons even if you haven't started a file. They'll be there when you go to the Pokemon Center/Mart.

Meier

IIRC, you might not be able to obtain the Meloetta in-game until you reach a certain point (pretty early on), but you can perform the mystery gift even without a save file.

Nah, there are no requirements. You can download special mons even if you haven't started a file. They'll be there when you go to the Pokemon Center/Mart.
Thanks guys! I'll have to see which, if any, Gamestop near me has this available.

Oh good to know. I thought that I missed it. I picked up Black 2 a few weeks ago and was worried I missed both Genisect and Meloetta. Now to try and get me a Genisect somehow.

Firestorm

Any European players know which retailers are running the promo in their country?

And it's not over the internet because that doesn't help their retailer relationships.

Any European players know which retailers are running the promo in their country?

And it's not over the internet because that doesn't help their retailer relationships.

I updated what I could get for Italy from Google Translate. The other pages just say "participating locations" as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Saw where Spain's is now too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Guess I'll be swinging by Gamestop tomorrow and trying to look like I'm not getting a Pokemon there for two game cards. D:

Articalys

I haven't even played the game in a while, but the completionist in me means I'll head out to get it sometime this month.

Berordn

For anyone who wants her but doesn't want to walk into a Gamestop, you don't actually have to interact with anyone or even go inside. Just be nearby, bootup your game and receive the Mystery Gift over local wireless. Easy as antisocial pie.

This will be a Wifi event later, correct?

No confirmation, and there's no real precedent that guarantees it will be.

Get 'er while she's hot.

Only 3 locations in New Zealand, all in the same area.

Thanks Nintendo. :|

Was really excited about getting her then see that crap and it completely ruined my buzz.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I dunno about the rest of Latin America but the event starts tomorrow in Chile in selected Microplay stores.

Gartooth

Got mine earlier today! Now I'm all geared up for Gen 6! Haven't tried her out yet, although I did teach her Relic Song so that I could access the 2nd form.

Why is Scandinavia not getting this? :( We usually get these in-store events

Ask around any shops that usually get them. I don't have a complete list of locations yet. I've mostly been going by the official Pokémon sites for each language, and not all of them are up-to-date.

Blueblur1

Do you have to get to a certain point in the game to be able to get him/her/it? I ask because I have White 2 but haven't started it yet.

zroid

Banned
I shall be going soon-ish. Already have some errands scheduled to do together. :)

I just hope the store has it set up...

zroid

Banned
Well, balls

I went there and asked if they had it set up yet. The girl at the counter said she doesn't think so, but then tried to do it. 4 minutes of searching later they realized it was an old distribution card, and apparently they don't even have the Meloetta one yet. :\

I'll try again later, I guess...

maguskain

Thanks OP, stopped into a local store today (Pittsburgh, PA area). Salesperson even gave me a little slip of paper explaining how to get the Relic Song move in-game

Top Bottom