• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Chet Rippo said:
Big Stadium and Small Court in Nimbasa City.

Roto13 said:
The Big and Small stadiums refresh every day. (Maybe twice a day.) And the rich family in Undula Town or whatever it's called. Aside from that, I've done some grinding in the dark grass west of Black City. Lots of level 60s in there.

Thanks! :)

survivor

Banned
Just tried the Battle Subway today. Was on my 14th battle but I got haxed and died. My Rock Slide missed twice and Brave critical hit me to death. I think I will go back to it once I start EV training and get better Pokemon.

Andrefpvs

Andrex said:
So if I KO Thundurus I can beat the E4 and it will be reset, right?

This is relevant to my interests. I want to know if I can get one with a better nature if I make it reset. Anyone know?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
For the roamers, are natures set when you first encounter them, or when the game begins?

If it's when you first meet them, I recommend you farm some Synchronize Pokemon, Wiseblade. It'll make your life a lot easier. Elygyem is the easiest, at the top of Celestial Tower.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
¬.¬

Not well. I've reset it about four times and still not got a remotely good nature. You're after Timid, right?

Yeah. Thanks for your hard work. ^_^

EvilMario said:
For the roamers, are natures set when you first encounter them, or when the game begins?

If it's when you first meet them, I recommend you farm some Synchronize Pokemon, Wiseblade. It'll make your life a lot easier. Elygyem is the easiest, at the top of Celestial Tower.

Seems to be right after you talk to the old lady, afaik.

Mr. Sam

GOD FUCKING DAMN! Metang is HARD to catch. I mean, you first have to spend about twenty minutes shuffling about before one shows up. Then he has the gall to show up with a Clefairy (so a Quick Ball is out of a question). Then he's on 1HP and asleep and he still busts out of Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, Timer Balls and, as far as I can tell, Metang-On-1HP-And-Asleep Balls.

I'm seriously considering using my Master Ball on this stupid fucking thing.

Mr. Sam said:
GOD FUCKING DAMN! Metang is HARD to catch. I mean, you first have to spend about twenty minutes shuffling about before one shows up. Then he has the gall to show up with a Clefairy (so a Quick Ball is out of a question). Then he's on 1HP and asleep and he still busts out of Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, Timer Balls and, as far as I can tell, Metang-On-1HP-And-Asleep Balls.

Stick with it! It takes ages but it can definitely be done.

Wiseblade

Mr. Sam said:

I remember having a little trouble with the one I caught. I caught it in a Poké ball after running out of Ultra Balls to use (it was the daytime).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
DoomXploder7 said:
I've got a timid thundurus is that good? you know maybe i should just check it's base stats on a site lol.

Yeah, Timid is what you really want, although he has enough power (115) to use his attack stat too. That 111 base speed is so trollish though, so it's critical to have max speed.

125 base Special Attack, Mischievous Heart and Nasty Plot. Jesus.

Anth0ny

Mr. Sam said:

Yeah, I think his catch rate is on par with legendaries. Insane.

OMG Aero

Mr. Sam said:

Seriously, get someone to trade you a Beldum and save your Master Ball.
Metang's family has the lowest catch rate in the series for some reason, I think it's because Gamefreak likes to troll with that Pokemon. In DPP you could only catch wild Beldum in a place that has a permanent sandstorm (So unless you have the right Pokemon, you are losing health every turn) and it only knows Take Down, so it will eventually kill itself, and then in HGSS they put it in the Safari Zone which is basically like asking you to catch a Mewtwo in a Great Ball when you can't attack it at all and it can run away.

Roto13

Does Metang really have the same catch rate as a legendary? I caught the first one I saw in this game. I guess I could use it to breed some Beldum.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Beldum and family have a catch rate of 3, which is the lowest of any Pokemon (ie; equally Kyogre, and friends). Even the legendary story Dragons in this game have something like a 15 catch rate.

Hey, can one of you super sexy people here up in PokeGAF do me a favour and help me evolve my Gurdurr? Kinda fed up looking at its ugly face. My FC is on the Google Doc in the OP, under my username, just PM me with your FC if you fancy helping a Pokebrother out. Cheers!

vhfive

Mr. Sam said:

Does he know Take Down because I remember trying to catch Beldum in Diamond and I could never catch him because he would always end up killing himself. I literally spent an entire afternoon before I finally caught him.

EDIT: lolz beaten by a long shot. I should read to the end of the thread before posting

Anth0ny

Yeah Zekrom was so easy to catch. I didn't even get it red health, come on now.

I've been relatively lucky with legendaries in White. Caught Landorus with my first dusk ball, and noone else has really given me trouble.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Roto13 said:
I think Reshiram and Zekrom have catch rates of 45, actually. :p

Yeah, I knew it was absurdly easy. They have a really good chance of being caught on the first turn with a Quick Ball. Haha.

Shiggie

I don't know if it's me but getting pokemon in the red is much harder to catch. I've had to reset many times because they just won't get caught/I accadently killed em. But when I get them in yellow 2-3 ultras/dusk balls seem to do the trick. Is this a new mechanic or am I just lucky.

Roto13

As far as I'm concerned, any Pokemon that isn't healing itself, killing itself, being killed by weather, running away, or doing significant damage to me, is easy to catch. It doesn't really matter if it takes a while. I don't mind pelting it with Dusk Balls for ten minutes. I think there's only one legendary in Black/White that heals itself and it did get on my nerves. The one roaming legendary was easy prey for my Master Ball. :p

Mr. Sam

Roto13 said:
Does Metang really have the same catch rate as a legendary? I caught the first one I saw in this game. I guess I could use it to breed some Beldum.

Why must you taunt me with such boasts!? Well, I ran out of balls, killed the goddamn Metang and then shut off the game. I'll be back later. I'll be back with as many status effects as I can carry, you steel/psychic son of a bitch!

Roto13

Mr. Sam said:
Why must you taunt me with such boasts!? Well, I ran out of balls, killed the goddamn Metang and then shut off the game. I'll be back later. I'll be back with as many status effects as I can carry, you steel/psychic son of a bitch!
I can breed you a Beldum. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
One of the worst parts of not being able to transfer items is the stock of Masterballs I have in 4th Generation (around 15 right now, I believe). I've had them from multiple playthroughs from 3rd and 4th Generation titles, and it makes catching legendaries while soft resetting for IVs/natures so much easier. Well, before RNG, but it still helps.

red13th

My copy of Pokemon Black arrived yesterday. I got to Victini earlier today and the first one I captured (only used like two Great Balls) was Timid. I wanted a -Atk, +Speed so I reseted.
...turns out Timid WAS -Atk, +Spd (I mixed it up with Jolly, which is -SpAtk, + Speed) and after 10 resets I can't get another Timid Victini. :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
red_13th said:
My copy of Pokemon Black arrived yesterday. I got to Victini earlier today and the first one I captured (only used like two Great Balls) was Timid. I wanted a -Atk, +Speed so I reseted.
...turns out Timid WAS -Atk, +Spd (I mixed it up with Jolly, which is -SpAtk, + Speed) and after 10 resets I can't get another Timid Victini. :/

It'll randomly be one of twenty five natures.. so the odds are not exactly great. If you can wait, you can pickup some Synchronize Pokemon later that'll make it 50/50 chance of being the nature of the Synchronize Pokemon. That'll help, and then you can reset for IVs too.

Remember, if you don't know natures by heart, you can look at stats in game and see what the positive (red) stat is and the negative (blue) stat is.

Obsessed said:
If I level all of my Pokemon to 60 for the E4 will they be way over-leveled? I really want a Volcarona to replace my shitty Unfezant.

A little yeah. Around level 46-52 is ideal for a somewhat challenging Elite 4.

Shiggie

red_13th said:
Just look at the color of the stats in the pokemon info. Red+ Blue-

Roto13

The Elite 4 themselves aren't particularly callenging. You'll pretty much have to have no trouble with them to stand a chance against what comes after. :p

Wiseblade

EvilMario said:

I tried using a synchronise Ralts the first couple times, but it seems like their stats are set when they start roaming.

r4z4

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
It'll randomly be one of twenty five natures.. so the odds are not exactly great. If you can wait, you can pickup some Synchronize Pokemon later that'll make it 50/50 chance of being the nature of the Synchronize Pokemon. That'll help, and then you can reset for IVs too.

Remember, if you don't know natures by heart, you can look at stats in game and see what the positive (red) stat is and the negative (blue) stat is.

Does Synchronize work on roamers?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Andrex said:
Does Synchronize work on roamers?

It depends if the nature is set when you meet the roamer, or at another random point in the title. It varies from game to game, and Pokemon to Pokemon. That's why I was asking earlier.

Sorry guys...not new to Pokemon but new to Black/White.

Two questions.

i) Is their ANY syncrhonization that goes on between Pearl/Diamond and Black/White?

example - can I bring my PD pokemon into BW?

ii) C gear. Is there ANY reason to have it on while just playing it at home? I understand it can be used to download more Nintendo "gifts" and go to..."dreamland'? (can't remember the proper term) I know you use it to trade pokemon via infrared and online.

...but besides that, am I missing out on something if I have it off during regular play/grinding?

Wiseblade

Yeah, the first thing I did with Tornadus was kill it, beat the E4 and chase it with a timid syncronize Ralts leading. I caught it, saw that it didn't have the right nature and SR. Caught it again, it had the same nature. So I noted down its stats and SR again. Caught it the third time with the same nature and stats. :( It only resets when you kill it and beat the E4.

Balb

bigdaddygamebot said:

Two questions.

i) Is their ANY syncrhonization that goes on between Pearl/Diamond and Black/White?

ii) C gear. Is there ANY reason to have it on while just playing it at home? I understand it can be used to download more Nintendo "gifts" and go to..."dreamland'? (can't remember the proper term) I know you use it to trade pokemon via infrared and online.

...but besides that, am I missing out on something if I have it off during regular play/grinding?

1. yes, but you have to beat the elite 4 first

2. dream world opens up on march 30. until then though, no reason at all. just drains your battery

Zomba13

I'm reeeeeally thinking of getting a 3DS mainly to go online with Pokémon again. Haven't been able to since we switched to Sky Broadband (for the no download limits) and they gave us a router which we now use WPA. I really want to be able to trade and battle and use the dream world and entralink stuff. Would be nice to go online with my other games too.

Anyway, WOW at the E4 and ending stuff. So cool.

Chorazin

bigdaddygamebot said:

Two questions.

I. Yes, after you beat the main game (i.e. the Elite 4)

II. No, not really. Turn it on when you want to Game Sync (after it launches at the end of the month) and then turn it off again.

Roto13

Does anyone have a spare Cloystergina they don't want? I don't want to waste a water stone to get a Pokemon I just want to collect and not use.

I have many Pokemon I can breed in return.
Balb said:
1. yes, but you have to beat the elite 4 first
You also need a second DS.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Hey, can one of you super sexy people here up in PokeGAF do me a favour and help me evolve my Gurdurr? Kinda fed up looking at its ugly face. My FC is on the Google Doc in the OP, under my username, just PM me with your FC if you fancy helping a Pokebrother out. Cheers!

-yawn- do you still need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom