• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Alright, I'm flying down to South Carolina to meet my vacationing parents today, so I may or may not be able to post for the next week.

If any new BW2 info is announced, don't analyze it too thoroughly without me ;)

Younicorn

Neo Member
All this shiny talk makes me want to go back to shiny hunting. Shiny Charmander, Litwik and Eevee here I come.

The only, only, only problem with shiny hunting is the fact that it can grind you down so quickly.

I find myself getting worn out when I'm hatching eggs and am 5,000 in with nothing to show for it.

Of course, replacing parents with eggs that have higher IV's always helps, too, so it's a good process!

Ugh... I've been waiting in this airport terminal for the past 2 hours waiting for my plane to arrive. Where's an Archeops with Fly when you need it?

On a semi-related note, I'm Masuda-ing for a shiny Eevee right now. Does anyone want it?

Younicorn

Neo Member

Indeed.

It took me 7,000+ eggs to hatch my shiny Feebas with strong IV's.

It wasn't the nature I wanted, but I was so done at the time I just moved on.

I'm just not into hacking the game or modding it so I can acquire them easily, it kind of defeats the purpose for me if it's easy and the shiny is perfect.

I like the challenge and the reward that comes with the legit shinies, whether it's an encounter or hatching them.

upandaway

Man all this shiny talk. I don't think I'll ever timesink one but I'm proud of my Gigalith I saw while grinding for in the Victory Road.

It is in the top percentage of Gigaliths.

...hmm i wonder where human babies come from in the pokemon world.

VTwlq.png

or perhaps Swanna

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Some of us like to do the game legit.

I only use the first Pokemon I catch for each type. I love all my Pokemon equally. Knowing natures, IV breeding and EV training are cheating because I know stuff outside the context of the game.

Some of us don't want to spend hundreds of hours performing a task that could be done legitimately in a few minutes

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I never got a real shiny on my own. And after discovering PokeGen I probably never will.

I don't count the shiny Gyarados or the Beasts given out over wi-fi.

Anth0ny

I only use the first Pokemon I catch for each type. I love all my Pokemon equally. Knowing natures, IV breeding and EV training are cheating because I know stuff outside the context of the game.

Some of us don't want to spend hundreds of hours performing a task that could be done legitimately in a few minutes

Yeah but doing it in a few minutes is boring

clemenx

Banned
I've never cared for shinies. I wasn't that serious into Pokemon in gen III and before and then WiFi ruined their rarity. I have a couple of them who are competitively viable (got them from trades) and it is kinda cool but not something important to me.
Maybe I'm just bitter about never having seen one in the wild :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That reminds me...the first EVER Shiny I encountered was a Dusclops...

In Emerald's Battle Pike. :(

ffdgh

my first shiny....was a phanpy.....in a FR rom -_-.
and a random shiny feraligtr in the battle pyramid that spammed fire blast.

Heropon

It took me ages to get my first non-gyarados shiny, it was a green Bronzor in Platinum. Then I got a Tauros in HeartGold and a Clefairy in White.

My first-ever shiny was an Eevee in the original Silver, which then became a sweet-looking Level 100 green Espeon.

Sadly, he was lost when the battery in the cartridge died, but I am currently crusading for another one so that his legacy may live on.

cousins

My 9 year old brother just convinced me to buy Pokemon White...haven't played since emerald. Anything I should look forward to?

The only shiny I have in any current game (that's not event or whatever) is a shiny Abomasnow caught in Pearl. I named it Obamasnow.

Still need to transfer it to Gen V.

Top Bottom