• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Firestorm

What is the site?
New competitive Pokemon site focusing on official tournaments of which we expect there to be more of as time goes on. Also a style of content publishing similar to SixPrizes and TheTopCut but for the video game instead of TCG.

For example this week, if all goes correctly, you can expect there to be live streams of the US National Championships and definitely livetweets of results. I'm currently in Chicago waiting for a bus down to Indianapolis with a camcorder and laptop in hand. Just gotta get WiFi access or my friend's 4G dongle as well as another friend's tripod and we'll have everything we need :)

I really do hope you guys tune into the stream this weekend. Pokemon can be exciting to watch I promise!

Esura

Banned
I saw something beasty on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGDiO1G0-K0&feature=related

Brings back some memories of PKMN Red.

If you can get a Hidden Ability Eevee, Espeon is godlike. Of course, I'm quite biased since Espeon's my favourite, but there you go.

Best eevee evolution is still jolteon competitive-wise, I think.

Sorry for the late replies. Grinding in P4.

I think I might go with Jolteon because I have Gardevoir covering me Psychic wise. So, Gardevoir, Jolteon, Milotic...I now need three more PKMNs to go! Appearance wise Espeon and Vaporeon are my favorites.

Wiseblade

Great avatar. So cute. Now I want to use Turtwig.
iblmEf4pc7ODJn.gif

Do it. Piplup and Chimchar are teh suck.

Incoming Wiseblade in 3, 2...

ibcg2qT938Q1iV.gif

idzWv0YVQA6J9.gif

LeleSocho

Banned
Torterra is the last great starter design they've made, pick Turtwig.
do not listen to Wiseblade he has the worst taste in pokégaf (i'm wondering why he still don't have a tag for it...)

:p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Torterra is the last great starter design they've made, pick Turtwig.
do not listen to Wiseblade he has the worst taste in pokégaf (i'm wondering why he still don't have a tag for it...)

:p

Eh Wisey isn't always wrong.

I can't believe I typed that.

Magnus

Has anyone on GAF caught all available Pokemon yet? Or caught all the ones available at a given time? (at the end of previous gens)

I'd like to aim to, before BW2 releases, especially now that my compulsive buying (and some good deals) has landed me Plat, HG, SS, B and W. Lol

It's still quite the daunting task. I'm only resorting to IR-GTS type shit for events that I know I can't make it to. I'm giddy about a legit Arceus from the DW last month.

Also, does anyone here actually ever resist evolving something as soon as possible? :p
(save instances where you want to meet requirements for competitive play, level limitations, etc)

Has anyone on GAF caught all available Pokemon yet? Or caught all the ones available at a given time? (at the end of previous gens)

I'd like to aim to, before BW2 releases, especially now that my compulsive buying (and some good deals) has landed me Plat, HG, SS, B and W. Lol

It's still quite the daunting task. I'm only resorting to IR-GTS type shit for events that I know I can't make it to. I'm giddy about a legit Arceus from the DW last month.

I've caught all the pokemon, minus the Gen 5 event pokemon that haven't had an event in North America, on my pokemon black game.

Magnus

I've caught all the pokemon, minus the Gen 5 event pokemon that haven't had an event in North America, on my pokemon black game.

Grats! All via totally legit events? Or some manufactured ones with an IR-GTS type tool?

And did you just use the DS games or bring some over for the GBA gen?

It's my understanding that with events, it's possible to acquire all Pokemon (save unreleased Gen V ones) with just the DS games now.

I wish I could go to bed at 10 PM CST and still be able to telepathically post on NeoGAF with you guys. Keeping with NeoGAF is a pain in the royal ass at times. I kind of like that..
Whew. Took me forever to sign up for NeoGAF membership after all these years... Hi, everyone in the Pokemon Community thread, eh? I've always been keeping tabs on this particular thread.

Speaking of Pokemon, well, I think everyone has to be a fan of sorts in here, right?

(I'm not sure how to start, seeing as it's a huge place.)
Huge, long, and thick. But you just have to take it, sonny, because no-one can take a GAFfe™!

Seriously, though: welcome to the most intelligent gaming forum in the Western world. Still doesn't disqualify us from mad ramblings.

So, what is the best official from a version Pokemon Center theme?

Close call, but I'll say the original is the best one with Ruby & Sapphire being second best.
DPPt has the best, most interesting rearrangements of the original, with R/S/E being second in line. I have to give credit to Hitomi Sato for something, so I'll give credit to her for these DPPt versions. Since I can't stand the original renditions of the piece from Gens 1 and 2, HG/SS is next in line, followed by B/W, G/S, and R/B.

At the very bottom, unfortunately, is the rendition from FR/LG. It doesn't do anything for me, at all, and the high tones just piss me off repeatedly.

This is why Team Rocket is the best.
They could always be a little more social within their own ranks, though. Remember, grunts: it doesn't matter if you're black or black white!

Hey all

I am playing the White version and I got the 8th badge just this morning. I just entered Route 10 (which leads to Victory Road) and the guard informed me of a storm brewing somewhere along Route 7
(probably Zekrom, if past Pokemon games are any indication)

However I am mostly wondering about my team. I have a

Emboar, Level 48
Carracosta, Level 47
Eelektrik, Level 46
(I can evolve it whenever I want, but I'll probably do it just before taking on the Elite 4)
Fraxure, Level 42

I am thinking of grabbing a Deino from Victory Road as well, however I still feel that my team is not as strong as it should/could be. Carracosta is pretty rough around the edges and is very weak against 3 main types (Grass pretty much eradicates him, Electric destroys him and Water deals a pretty good amount of damage). I wanted to get a Roggenrola in his place (would nullify electric attacks at least) but decided against it, since you have to trade it to get it's penultimate form.

Eelektrik's also pretty mediocre, but probably because he is not fully evolved yet. I also don't want to swap him for Zekrom, I don't like legendaries in my main battle team.

I am wondering what Pokemon should I choose for the 6th slot. I was thinking of getting a Ghost/Psychic, but I haven't decided yet. I'd also like a Pokemon to teach Fly too, as for the time being I am using a Pidove (Level 2) to Fly to places.

What I am looking for is some balance, so if you guys can propose a couple of evolvable Pokemon, I'd be grateful.

Oh how I wish I had a Metang, a Bagon and a Trapinch.

Grats! All via totally legit events? Or some manufactured ones with an IR-GTS type tool?

And did you just use the DS games or bring some over for the GBA gen?

It's my understanding that with events, it's possible to acquire all Pokemon (save unreleased Gen V ones) with just the DS games now.

I used the DS games to transfer all the non legendary pokemon not found in pokemon black. Played through a GBA gen for gen 1 legendaries. I transferred the legendary cats and celebi events to black. The other non-event legendary pokemon I Wi-fi traded for. Event legend pokemon were a mixture of transferring extra from previous DS games, receiving from events and trading for. Some of the legends I traded for might have been cloned, I didn't ask every time, but other than that I think it was all legit.

Looking at events: Mew, Celebi, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Victini, Arceus were all events I got, so they are definately legit.
Jirachi, and Deoxys are the ones I'm not sure about. I can't remember If I tranferred them to my Black game or not.

Ah sleep; why dost thou hate me so?

Sorry for the late replies. Grinding in P4.

I think I might go with Jolteon because I have Gardevoir covering me Psychic wise. So, Gardevoir, Jolteon, Milotic...I now need three more PKMNs to go! Appearance wise Espeon and Vaporeon are my favorites.

Use a Scizor and a Scrafty. This way, no two of your Pokémon are weak to the same type plus you have a good variety of coverage and stat spreads.

I think I prefer the RS one, too.

Scrafty is awesomesauce, don'tcha think?

You are awesome. I think that this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

http://i.minus.com/ibcg2qT938Q1iV.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/355603_o.gif

Top Bottom