• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Apath

I just found and caught my first ever shiny pokemon after playing these games since Pokemon Red/Blue came out back in the 90s. Was just grinding through Diglett's Cave with my Squirtle when a Diglett with a blue nose appeared. I'm sure no one cares, but I thought it was pretty cool :D

I remember I saw a Shiny Absol once but I knocked it out before I realized it was a shiny. I was kicking myself quite a bit after that one. Never seen a shiny since then.

Apath

I remember I saw a Shiny Absol once but I knocked it out before I realized it was a shiny. I was kicking myself quite a bit after that one. Never seen a shiny since then.
Yeah, I was watching TV while mindlessly mashing A. If it weren't for that little sparkle noise that accompanies the appearance of a shiny, I'd have just killed it and never known the difference.

Kokonoe

Banned
I played the TCG video game. Does that count?

Nah, I meant with actual cards. There's a difference between playing the CPU and playing actual players. Although, the TCG gameboy game is quite good, I'm trying to see if people in PokeGAF actually played the TCG or not so I know what not to bring up in the future.

Nah, I meant with actual cards. There's a difference between playing the CPU and playing actual players. Although, the TCG gameboy game is quite good, I'm trying to see if people in PokeGAF actually played the TCG or not so I know what not to bring up in the future.

I know Izayoi seriously collects the cards, but I'm not sure if he actually plays the game.
If you evolve a shiny pokemon, is the evolved form shiny?

Yes.

I have a shiny Gyarados (Johto Games), Shiny Crobat (Ruby), and a Shiny Dustox (White).

I have a Shiny Machamp (caught as Machop), Shiny Dustox (caught as Wurmple), Shiny Crobat (caught as Golbat), Shiny Pichu, Shiny Scrafty (graciously gifted by ffdgh, to whom I still owe a favour), and the three Shiny Legendary Beasts from the M13 event. I had a Shiny Espeon back in original Silver, but it died with my game T^T

Boney

Banned
litwick.png

Kokonoe

Banned
So, how about some Shiny Pokemon you think are terrible? I don't mean Pokemon you think are terrible, I mean the color whilst Shiny is just bad.

I'll post some up when I'm out of this party.

So, how about some Shiny Pokemon you think are terrible? I don't mean Pokemon you think are terrible, I mean the color whilst Shiny is just bad.

The Dusknoir shiny. Completely ruins the awesome shiny versions of Duskull and Dusclops.

The worst shinies tend to go for Snot Green, usually combined with Pale Pink.
Or they are like the same as before but slightly darker or lighter.

Garchomp (I can't even tell)
445.png

Samurott (looks the exact same except with gross puce-coloured shells)
503.png

Woobat (it looks like a winged snot ball)
527.png

Aggrotek

volcarona & chandelure are 2 of my favorite fire types. gen V fire types are amazing.

i hate your guts. all of them. the entirety of your guts.

It took me a long time to get most of them. Except Arcanine. 80 eggs via Masuda Method. Shortest hunt for me. If it makes you feel better, I have been hunting a shiny Scraggy for over a year and no luck.

Top Bottom