• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Emitan

Ezalc said:
iMbCpOQ7pROQb.gif

I kind of liked Marrill just because of Tracy from the anime. I remember evolving the bastard too. Such a shame that it sucked.

Why is ash so short damn:
ikdzd6wKdqaqY.png
because models are tall and he's 12

Regulus Tera said:
Monsters in my Pocket: West Bitches 26? 24? The one with the Emolga: Some great comedy in here. It didn't have much in action and it was a bit boring at times, but the inclusion of Belle always makes for cracking antics. She should be a regular instead of Iris, who has no personality whatsoever..

Da fuck is this?

(Iris makes some of the best reaction faces in the show btw)

She's a "Deadpan Snarker" and the first female character in the group since Misty to call Ash out on his bs and not pat his ass. Comes off much more realistic and makes a better group dynamic seeing as they both act like how kids act.

Bell ... is fucking horrible. I'm gonna assume you're watching on the Dub only because I use to be OK with her until this next arc coming up. Bitch gets annoying and ugly as FUCK in the next 3-4 episodes and after that she looks pathetic as hell. :/

iKeepPlaying said:
You're just mad because
vcWfm.png
doesn't evolve into anything =P
=( Possibly...

Speaking of Iris, I must congratulate Pokemon for finally putting black people in the series.

I mean this sprite right here?
dancer.png

I would have never expected such a thing back when I was a kid.

Also, speaking of sprites: What the hell was up with the Red/Blue Cue Ball sprite?

cut-ball-trainer_528x297.png

Is that his dick in a little pocket?

Emitan

Ezalc said:
Damn I thought he'd be at least like 15 by now. He goes through one entire region in only six months? Fuck.
in 20 years he'll be a grizzled pokemon vetran

in 50 he'll be old man weedle

Billychu said:
is gary still in the show? what happened to him?

i stopped watching during gold and silver
Ash beat him so bad that he apparently said "fuck being a trainer, I wanna be ... a Pokemon Professor!".

Now he works with Oak.

spindashing said:
Also, speaking of sprites: What the hell was up with the Red/Blue Cue Ball sprite?
That, his sinister smirk and the whip fill me with unease...
I don't think any kids should challenge him to a "battle"

Ribbon

Great OP, was fun to read the descriptions!

Started Black for the first time a week ago...should probably go train my Darumaka

Mank said:
They actually put a lava cookie under it in FR/LG. /Checked it in every game that I could...
A Lava Cookie heals status ailments correct? in which case my earlier theory about the Captain leaving his sickness cure beneath the truck is in fact correct!....kind of

Anth0ny said:
Yay, community thread.

I'll just post this here:

http://i.imgur.com/SC6uJ.png[IMG]

Make your own:

[IMG]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2857/favoriteso.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

We're kinda missing one template with every pokemon.

LeleSocho said:
Isn't the Special stats split in Sp.Atk and Sp.Def in G/S/C?
He's referring to when in before D/P an attack would be either a special attack or an attack was based off of what type it was, like Rock used the attack stat, while psychic used special attack. Then in D/P each attack is denoted to being physical or special, so you could have a special attack rock move and a physical psychic move.
But yeah, he should have mentioned the special stat split in G/S. Probably the biggest change they made besides the addition to Dark and Steel type.

backlot

LeleSocho said:
It definitely was introduced in G/S/C. All gen 4 did was split moves into either special or physical types.

edit: @ Chet Rippo: No, the OP mentions splitting the special stat under Diamond/Pearl as well.

Wiseblade

LeleSocho said:
That's different from the Physical/Special split that happened in Gen IV.

Whether moves used Attack or Sp.Attack used to be decided by type eg All Fire moves were special while all Fighting moves were physical. Gen IV changed it so that each individual moves was decided seperately so Flamethrower is a Special move while Fire Punch is Physical.

LeleSocho

Banned
Wiseblade said:

Whether moves used Attack or Sp.Attack used to be decided by type eg All Fire moves were special while all Fighting moves were physical. Gen IV changed it so that each individual moves was decided seperately so Flamethrower is a Special move while Fire Punch is Physical.
I wasn't referring to that but to this
As for hardcore play, Diamond and Pearl split the Special stat into both Special Attack and Special Defense and designated individual moves as Physical or Special
which was introduced in the 2nd gen

Ezalc

Anilusion said:
I wish they would release a complete pokémon game for 3DS (A game that has every single pokémon in it, catchable).

I wish they would do this but for the main console of the time. Imagine having the menu on the Wii U controller while the pokemon does cool shit on screen. Also I want a pokemon game with all regions and save states. That way through any playthrough you can only go through 2 regions, or they make you restart from scratch every time you finish a region. Then after completing them all you can get all your pokemon and do extra content in all the regions. And you can just start another save state instead of having to get another copy of the game entirely.

Ezalc

Wiseblade said:
Please. Everyone knows Cynthia's theme is the best, followed by]Gary's (Yes, Gary)]theme.Undeniable proof that Black > White.

Peasants think Cynthia's theme is better. Gary's theme is second to Lance. Fact. Also Zekrom>Reshiram.

I haven't been keeping up with Pokemon very well lately, but has Nintendo made any plans to make Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect available in B/W?

Boken

Banned
Wiseblade said:

Speaking of which, I used to netbattle pretty hardcore but when they split move types further as special or physical... it got too much for me lol:

RSE 4 lyfe
Not to mention garchomp.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
spindashing said:
=( Possibly...

Speaking of Iris, I must congratulate Pokemon for finally putting black people in the series.

I mean this sprite right here?
dancer.png

I would have never expected such a thing back when I was a kid.

cut-ball-trainer_528x297.png

Yeah, and now we have skinheads. We have come so far.

Wiseblade

Boken said:
Speaking of which, I used to netbattle pretty hardcore but when they split move types further as special or physical... it got too much for me lol:

RSE 4 lyfe
Not to mention garchomp.
Really? The split was a real "about time!" moment for me. The Elemental Punches doing special damage always rubbed me the wrong way.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Boken said:
I love the titles+border.

They're all from HG/SS, I tried to find the ones from B/W but I could't.

Wichu said:

EC says we have a week of spotlight in Gaming before getting moved to Community.

Boney said:
Why are all community threads insistent on not having fanart!

We already have a fanart thread, otherwise I would have said sure thing.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
EC says we have a week of spotlight in Gaming before getting moved to Community.

We already have a fanart thread, otherwise I would have said sure thing.
One week? That's more than BW OT3 got...

Forget the fanart thread! it's better to have one consistently live thread and than 6 dead ones.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Black-Wind said:
(Iris makes some of the best reaction faces in the show btw)

I love when her eyes become flat like an old cartoon, lol.

Black-Wind said:
She's a "Deadpan Snarker" and the first female character in the group since Misty to call Ash out on his bs and not pat his ass. Comes off much more realistic and makes a better group dynamic seeing as they both act like how kids act.

I agree. I liked Dawn but three Mary Sues in a row would have been too much.

Also enough can't be said about how awesome Cilan is, he's up there with Brock and is easily much better than Tracy.

Billychu said:
is gary still in the show? what happened to him?

He popped up a bit in Diamond/Pearl and didn't do anything of note, really, other than stand around freaking out about Team Galactic. :p I think he wore his HG/SS clothes though.

Chet Rippo said:
He's referring to when in before D/P an attack would be either a special attack or an attack was based off of what type it was, like Rock used the attack stat, while psychic used special attack. Then in D/P each attack is denoted to being physical or special, so you could have a special attack rock move and a physical psychic move.
But yeah, he should have mentioned the special stat split in G/S. Probably the biggest change they made besides the addition to Dark and Steel type.

Ah I keep forgetting about that, yeah I'll put it in.

Andrefpvs

Anth0ny said:
Naw, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow surfing is the best. So jolly.

Oh man, I have this pattern engraved in my mind:
Surf -> Surf music (na, na, nana, na, ...) -> Wild MISSINGNO. appeared!

Top Bottom