• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Axis

Azure Phoenix said:
Oh my, it's a bit of a long shot but do you happen to have a female Serene Grace Togepi with Nasty Plot among your boxes full of them?

3 different females with hustle/nasty plot but no serene grace =/

Axis said:
alright i have some stuff i need to give away...17 boxes full :(

DD larvitars, DD/outrage larvitars, stone edge/earthquake larvitars, nasty plot togepi, substitute/baton pass/swords dance gligars, substitute nincadas, ice beam/DD/flamethrower dratinis, hydro pump/dragon dance bagon, flamethrower/dragon dance bagon, ice beam swablus, roost skarmory, stone edge/earthquake gibles

hopefully that's it...for a while. not asking for anything in return but if you have a useful TM you'd like to give away...i'll take it!]

edit: FC: 1591 6876 4222
Since I just spent another 40 safari balls not catching the damned thing I'll take one if you are still on in a few hours.

Azure Phoenix said:
Oh my, it's a bit of a long shot but do you happen to have a female Serene Grace Togepi with Nasty Plot among your boxes full of them?
I would like to ask the same. I would be interested in one of those Togepis, possibly a Gible and a Flamethrower/DD Bagon. In return I can give you just about any TM you like. Edit: Oh okay, you don't have any. No problem.

Axis

Azure Phoenix said:
Hmm. Is it possible to get Nasty Plot directly onto another Togepi myself by just sticking in a male one with a Ditto into the daycare?

yeah, pretty sure. all mine came from honchkrow/togepi but i don't see why it wouldn't work *shrug*

Morokh

Axis said:
substitute/baton pass/swords dance gligars

I would love one of these :p

I don't have many valuable things for now but I have one or two Modest Gastly with 31Spa / Speed IV's and a Male Zangooze with Substitute

FC : 3524 4499 8876

Axis

Scalpel Knight said:
Axis: Can I have one of those Gibles and/or DD/Flamethrower Bagon? Just tell me what two TMs you want in return and I'll get 'em for you.

sure, what's your FC? i'll be on wifi in about 15 mins. stone edge and thunderbolt? if not, just bring whatever =)

Morokh said:
I would love one of these :p

I don't have many valuable things for now but I have one or two Modest Gastly with 31Spa / Speed IV's and a Male Zangooze with Substitute

FC : 3524 4499 8876

15 minutes, bring whatever you want

Axis said:
yeah, pretty sure. all mine came from honchkrow/togepi but i don't see why it wouldn't work *shrug*
Ok, in that instance would you be interested in trading a male Serene Grace Togepi with Nasty Plot? I probably don't have any useful TMs yet (only up to Cianwood City), but I've got a bunch of evolution stones (Moon, Fire, Thunder) that I could attach to a Kanto/Johto starter if they are any use to you.

Axis

Azure Phoenix said:
Ok, in that instance would you be interested in trading a male Serene Grace Togepi with Nasty Plot? I probably don't have any useful TMs yet (only up to Cianwood City), but I've got a bunch of evolution stones (Moon, Fire, Thunder) that I could attach to a Kanto/Johto starter if they are any use to you.

sure, what's your FC? bring whatever you want.

Gravijah

Axis said:

DD larvitars, DD/outrage larvitars, stone edge/earthquake larvitars, nasty plot togepi, substitute/baton pass/swords dance gligars, substitute nincadas, ice beam/DD/flamethrower dratinis, hydro pump/dragon dance bagon, flamethrower/dragon dance bagon, ice beam swablus, roost skarmory, stone edge/earthquake gibles

hopefully that's it...for a while. not asking for anything in return but if you have a useful TM you'd like to give away...i'll take it!]

Do you still have Flamethrower/DD Bagon?

Axis

Gravijah said:
Do you still have Flamethrower/DD Bagon?

yessir, pretty sure you're added so just hop on wifi whenever

edit: enjoy, scalpel knight

double edit: YAY NINTENDO WIFI ERRORS

Choopy

Neo Member
Axis said:

Do you have a male Roost Skarmory?
I can trade once I get home.

Urgh, I'm sorry for wasting your time Axis. I just keep on getting Nintendo Wi-Fi connection errors when trying to connect to you. This is the first time I've ever had this problem.

Axis said:

Heh, if you aren't sold out by this evening (CST) I'd like some of that. Did you want anything particular in trade or just whatever?

Axis

DragonGirl said:
Heh, if you aren't sold out by this evening (CST) I'd like some of that. Did you want anything particular in trade or just whatever?

just whatever, random tm's would be fine

Morokh

Azure Phoenix said:
Urgh, I'm sorry for wasting your time Axis. I just keep on getting Nintendo Wi-Fi connection errors when trying to connect to you. This is the first time I've ever had this problem.

exactly the same here :(

Gravijah

Internet keeps cutting off, contacting AT&T now about this shit, sorry Axis. Though I have a questions now for competitive battlers.

When you use moves like Nasty Plot/etc, what stops them from sweeping you? How do I know when to use moves like that? I know all the basics like IVs/EVs/etc etc but I really need help with strategies before I start building a team for the Battle Frontier.

upandaway

1272054138709.jpg

JSnake

Gravijah said:
When you use moves like Nasty Plot/etc, what stops them from sweeping you? How do I know when to use moves like that? I know all the basics like IVs/EVs/etc etc but I really need help with strategies before I start building a team for the Battle Frontier.

Basically you trap them in an unfavorable match up and force them to switch. Buff up while they switch and sweep.

Axis

Gravijah said:
Internet keeps cutting off, contacting AT&T now about this shit, sorry Axis. Though I have a questions now for competitive battlers.

you could set up a substitute...use it when you're reasonably sure you resist the move it's going to use etc...encore+use on switch if you lock it into a non-attacking move

Right I'm going to give up on this trade, I've disabled and modified every possible setting that could be causing a problem and nothing worked. I apologise for wasting your time trying to initiate the trade, Axis.

pirata

DAMMIT, the Lugia I caught didn't synchronize with my timid Abra. :(

It's not worth it to try at it again, since Lugia isn't allowed in the Battle Frontier or most serious battles, right?

EDIT: Too late; I saved it! I wasn't really planning on using Lugia, anyway.

El Sloth

Banned
Axis said:

If you still have any, I'd like to take those two off your hands if you don't mind.

FC:4898 8292 1209

Axis

El Sloth said:
If you still have any, I'd like to take those two off your hands if you don't mind.

FC:4898 8292 1209

certainly. give me a few minutes...blunt won't smoke itself.

also, if there's any other egg-move pokemon anyone's looking for i'm more than willing to breed whatever for you. working on dark pulse/nasty plot/flamethrower houndors

Axis

hahaha

i'll add you and be online in about 10 mins with what you wanted

if anyone's feeling nice i'd like to transfer a few pokes from platinum to HG before i start a new game on platinum

Aurora

Morokh said:
how do you breed an Eevee with Wish ? I can't figure the right breeding chain xD
Lv28 Male Togetic learns Wish.
Breed with Female Pikachu for a Male Pichu.
Male Pichu with Female Eevee gives you baby Eevee with Wish.

Otherwise there's the Smeargle way as mentioned before but that might be more cumbersome depending on where you are in the adventure.

El Sloth

Banned
cory said:
Could you imagine if this game had achievements?

I had a vision of my future when I was done reading this post. I did not like what I saw. Not one bit. :(

Edit: ^ Ah well there's that I suppose. Never been bothered to attempt it though, thank Zeus.

Gravijah

Decided to just cheap my way past a victory vs Red for now since my Pokemon are underleveled, I'll go back and have a fairer fight later. I wanted to get more of the postgame content done... though I'll probably end up going back to playing Platinum again. :lol

Axis said:

Okay, I'm home now. If you're still around and have any of those pokemon left I'd like to trade. I don't care what move sets they have.

Top Bottom