• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

btkadams

Andrex said:
I know man. :( I still have so much to do... well I guess I only really have some Pokeathlon trophies, the other four Frontier prints, and the final trainer card star (100 Tower streak.) But those could easily add another 100 hours to my clock's 374...

Goodbye to Generation 4 on the whole, really! Such fantastic memories. Over 685 hours spent during this gen... Onto new pastures, onto Generation 5 and Black/White!

Okiedoke, I'm on now. :)
i'll be on in 10 mins. sorry.

EDIT: ok i might be faster than that.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive 881
Metroid Killer 870
Gravijah 739
Andrex 636
Jet Grind Radio! 401
Echoes 390
upandaway 341
viciouskillersquirrel 277
Firestorm 264
Axis 248

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Sixfortyfive 881
Metroid Killer 870
Gravijah 739
Andrex 636
Jet Grind Radio! 401
Echoes 390
upandaway 341
viciouskillersquirrel 277
Firestorm 264
Axis 248

Ahhh memories.

645 and Echoes haven't even posted in the BW thread yet. :( :( :(

And you and MK only posted a couple times. >:| You getting them tomorrow?

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Ahhh memories.

645 and Echoes haven't even posted in the BW thread yet. :( :( :(

And you and MK only posted a couple times. >:| You getting them tomorrow?

Once it hits 12AM I'll be heading out to Wal Mart to get 'em.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Once it hits 12AM I'll be heading out to Wal Mart to get 'em.

Sweet, at least one of the top three will be there with me. :(

btkadams said:
Thanks a bunch, Andrex!

No prob, I love it when trades go smoothly. Last trade I did lasted an hour because we kept getting disconnected from eachother. Urgh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I'll be more active once I beat the main story. Paranoid of spoilers and I've lasted this long!

Same man, same! When I get it I'll probably forsake the thread for a bit, it's easy to get lost in the game when you're playing the story. Time flies, and before you know it it's 5am...

Glix

Hey guys. I never got a Shaymin/Darkrai/Arceus and now I'm all sad about it.

I have tons of stuff to trade, including some shinys, and all kids of other stuff.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Aurora said:
Yeah, agreed. They really went backwards with BW in my opinion.

Kinda curious too. Only Pokemon game I ever played was LeafGreen on GBA. I snagged Soul Silver last year but never played it, now I am debating passing up for BW and going with that instead.

What makes GS better than the latest?

notsol337

marked forever
Brandon F said:
Kinda curious too. Only Pokemon game I ever played was LeafGreen on GBA. I snagged Soul Silver last year but never played it, now I am debating passing up for BW and going with that instead.

What makes GS better than the latest?

I can't say what makes it better, considering I haven't touched BW... but GS is great if you missed out on them during the gameboy days. It's a pretty great throwback with modern features. It's worth it just to play through Johto.

leroidys

Sorry for the bumps guys, I have a question. I bought a used version of platinum. The guy is at the elite four and has absolute crap for a team, so I would rather just start over, but I also have heart gold which I'm trying to get a complete pokedex on. Are there any legendaries in platinum you have to chose between (like the birds in blue/red)? If there is I want to get all of these and transfer to my Gold game before I start a new game on Platinum

leroidys said:
Sorry for the bumps guys, I have a question. I bought a used version of platinum. The guy is at the elite four and has absolute crap for a team, so I would rather just start over, but I also have heart gold which I'm trying to get a complete pokedex on. Are there any legendaries in platinum you have to chose between (like the birds in blue/red)? If there is I want to get all of these and transfer to my Gold game before I start a new game on Platinum
For this game, I believe you can catch most of the 'version exclusive' legendaries on one playthrough. There are some Pokémon that are not in this game though (out of the Gen IV dex):

Murkrow/Honchkrow
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Glameow/Purugly
Stunky/Skuntank
Darkrai (need event)
Shaymin (need event)
Manaphy (Pokémon Ranger)
Arceus (given out through events before)
Regigigas (need Regice, Registeel, Regirock. To get these, you need a 'fateful' Regigigas. Confusing.)

Also, there's the starters.

leroidys

ColtraineGF said:
For this game, I believe you can catch most of the 'version exclusive' legendaries on one playthrough. There are some Pokémon that are not in this game though (out of the Gen IV dex):

Murkrow/Honchkrow
Misdreavus/Mismagius
Glameow/Purugly
Stunky/Skuntank
Darkrai (need event)
Shaymin (need event)
Manaphy (Pokémon Ranger)
Arceus (given out through events before)
Regigigas (need Regice, Registeel, Regirock. To get these, you need a 'fateful' Regigigas. Confusing.)

Also, there's the starters.

Good to know, thanks!

AlmostMilk said:
Anyone know of an easy way to catch the legendary dogs right after you release them from the burned tower?

I just check the grass patch thats right outside the north part of the bug zone and just leave and fly to reenter the area, the dogs occasionally go there.

Andrex said:
Aside from Suicune? No, they're a pain to catch.
I remember when I had the original gold/silver versions, I was able to go to the nearest grass patch and come across one of them right after release but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

TEJ

So, guys, how am I supposed to set up Pokemon Soul Silver online with WPA2 encryption. I don't see the option to do this!

i am using a 3DS btw.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TEJ said:
So, guys, how am I supposed to set up Pokemon Soul Silver online with WPA2 encryption. I don't see the option to do this!

i am using a 3DS btw.

You can't. You can only do that with Black/White and a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS.

Kerrby

Banned
Okay sorry for the bump but playing through this game at the moment on my 3DS but there's one problem I seem to be getting, how come if I'm in the grass a pokemon appears every two steps? I don't remember this being a problem in the past games, am I the only one who gets this?

Plus when doing quests like the far fetch'd thing, I'm trying to get it but it makes it 1000 times longer when every two steps a pokemon wants to fight to the death.

Last thing, if i use a hm cut, can i delete that move later on or does it get used for life?

I don't remember the encounter rate being that bad, but if it's annoying just buy some Repel and avoid the grass. There aren't many sections where you have to walk through grass anyway.

I think there's a Move Deleter when you get closer to the endgame. For where it sounds like you are, you'll be stuck with the move for awhile. Just put it on a pokemon you won't use much.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kerrby said:
Okay sorry for the bump but playing through this game at the moment on my 3DS but there's one problem I seem to be getting, how come if I'm in the grass a pokemon appears every two steps? I don't remember this being a problem in the past games, am I the only one who gets this?

Plus when doing quests like the far fetch'd thing, I'm trying to get it but it makes it 1000 times longer when every two steps a pokemon wants to fight to the death.

Buy some Max Repels from your local Pokemart.

HG/SS have the same encounter rate as G/S did, and yeah, it sucks. DPPt had much better encounter rates.

Kerrby said:
Last thing, if i use a hm cut, can i delete that move later on or does it get used for life?

You can delete it via an NPC in Blackthorn City called the Move Deleter. Otherwise, you cannot forget HM moves.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Also, I think the encounter rate is higher if you're running or on a bike. Maybe.

Just buy Repels, in any case.

Aad

So I just popped in my Soul Silver game, seems I've missed some awesome wifi event pokés, any way I can still get them?

Kyzer

Banned
Only through trades, I believe.

This is currently the only game I play on my 3DS.

and yeah, thats correct, running makes the encounter rate higher, and being on a bike even more so.

Firestorm

The final elimination rounds for the Pokemon World Championships are on right now. Some streams as matches are on too. There should be one here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kickataz

If there's a progress bar, it's an old match.

Follow along at the end of this topic: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3451153

Next year's Worlds is in Kona, Hawaii again. The event mon is a Scrafty. Not sure what it has yet.

edit: oops didn't realize this was the hg/ss thread.

Sagitario

This thread reminded me that I still have some legendaries left to catch... if I wasn't so OCD about natures I would have caught them long time ago >_<

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
The final elimination rounds for the Pokemon World Championships are on right now. Some streams as matches are on too. There should be one here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kickataz

If there's a progress bar, it's an old match.

Follow along at the end of this topic: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3451153

Next year's Worlds is in Kona, Hawaii again. The event mon is a Scrafty. Not sure what it has yet.

edit: oops didn't realize this was the hg/ss thread.

Silly Firestorm, Black/White doesn't show up in the real Gaming forum anymore.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Firestorm said:
I just usually check my Subscriptions. Usually this isn't bumped!

Can you even use HG/SS in the tourney? I imagine B/W is forced. Otherwise I would have said this is a good bump for those with only HG/SS.
KuGsj.gif

Firestorm

I'm going to set aside money so I can make Seattle, Indianapolis, and Kona next year. Maybe we'll even have a Canadian regional or national.

day3vgcfinals9.jpg

Kerrby

Banned
My Pokemanz are:
That fire pokemon - 21
Onix - 17
Geodude - 13
Pidgey - 10
Togepi - 1

I caught a Pidgey to teach it cut but it can't learn cut, I want to cut the moving tree up and catch it.

Where do I go from here? Should I kill Geodude because he's bad?

Top Bottom