• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Demo | Code Share | Bring on the Trumpets!

Velcro Fly

Just charge me pokemiles for the demo code. I've got probably 250 streetpasses for pokemon and wonder traded a ton. I'd even sit through shitty browser games to get it.

So, should I pointlessly place a pre-order on Amazon UK just is case that is how you get it...

Now, I don't think we know whether the codes are region-locked, do we?
They will be region locked as Nintendo download codes can't be region free (US and Japanese games have different title IDs and given how Oceania and Europe are separate regions here suggests the codes use a different cypher in each region). I take it you meant country locked and there really isn't a country lock more a case of trying to redeem something that doesn't exist on your eShop...it would be odd if the demo was not multi5.

I can't say I've ever tried to connect to the actual Nintendo Zone through spoofing though, I've only done it to grab Animal Crossing items in-game. I wonder if it would have even worked in the first place.
Nintendo Zone viewer needs an unsecrued wireless access point to work so it is a matter of knowing the SSID and setting your router like that. German McDonalds (NZ@McD1) works for me...hope I didn't Jynx it. Well my Chansey are going to be pretty low if mass spoofing goes on in any case...

Drago

If anyone has a Japanese demo code to share, I'd gladly take it! Any demo is better than no demo, hehe

Still waiting on NoA to disclose info D:

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Has anyone heard anything about how the emails in the UK are being decided as I doubt they're sending one to literally everyone in their databases.

Akai__

If anybody gets an extra EU code, I'll gladly take it. I don't have a Mc Donalds near me and I won't go there just for something, that could be on the eShop.

This obsession Nintendo has with making us do inane things to try out a demo version of a game is infuriating. Just put it up on the eShop you indolent dinosaurs.

It's like we aren't in 2014 anymore...

MicH

I signed up for a code on the Danish Nintendo site. Hopefully I get it on the 16th :) I still can't believe we even got the ability to sign up for something like this! We never get the good stuff

ugoo18

Not sure i understand this demo, is it like with SSB3DS' Club Nintendo demo where platinum members receive multiple codes or something else entirely?

JoeM86

Not sure i understand this demo, is it like with SSB3DS' Club Nintendo demo where platinum members receive multiple codes or something else entirely?

For the US? We're not sure yet.

Everywhere else gives you one code as far as we know. In-store or in events, you get it on a card like in the first post

nibblemonkey

Neo Member
Something different and works differently in each region although it appears each person only gets one code. There are also no confirmation for a US release yet but I expect that'll change at some point.

Because they want to target people who may not know there's a new Pokemon game coming out.

I don't think making codes as convoluted and as difficult to get would make anyone other than the hardcore fans know about a new Pokemon game is coming out that they would already know about.

Unless their goal is to get an article about here's all the steps you need to get the demo for the new Pokemon game and if you are already reading it, it's too late for you!

Macka

I'd like to put my hand up for a spare NA code if somebody gets one.

I have a US 3DS but live in Australia, so it's the only way I'm getting the demo. :(

Kouriozan

France only has Paris Games Week and only at the end of this month :x
Maybe I'll get it with my daily Homepass session :lol

jph139

Honestly I think their "jump through hoops for a demo" thing is pretty ingenious. I remember that Twitter was full of people begging for Smash Demo codes, lots of chatter about it. A combination of "free stuff!" and "exclusive stuff!" tends to keep people talking.

Hatchtag

Banned
Any reason to think NA codes will be distributed with the upcoming Gengar and Dianfie events? Feels like a good opportunity for them.

Honestly I think their "jump through hoops for a demo" thing is pretty ingenious. I remember that Twitter was full of people begging for Smash Demo codes, lots of chatter about it. A combination of "free stuff!" and "exclusive stuff!" tends to keep people talking.

Nobody's saying it doesn't work for Nintendo, they're saying it's incredibly annoying on the consumer end.

I'm way too hyped for the demo.

Only problem is I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be getting it (I've read the instructions), but eh, I've got time in the morning to stalk GAME.

Oh and Shiny Mega Gengar is being distributed too? Gotta get my Gengar codes too...

Andrefpvs

I can see the demo being available in the U.S. only on the 22nd, as some sort of bizarre compensation for the 1-week-late European launch for ORAS.

I can see the demo being available in the U.S. only on the 22nd, as some sort of bizarre compensation for the 1-week-late European launch for ORAS.

I highly doubt it given the purpose of the demo is to play everyday since it unlimited to get stuff to transfer to the full games. To release the demo after would be pointless. But then NoA has made pretty dumb decisions before.....

Top Bottom