• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

yw5Jfp9.png

Title: Pokémon Omega Ruby | Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Developer: GAME FREAK
Publisher: Nintendo
System: Nintendo 3DS family
Release Date:
[US] November 21, 2014
[JP] November 21, 2014
[AU] November 21, 2014
[EU] November 28, 2014

yLz2obe.png

In the Hoenn region, two teams exist...

One exists to expand the domain of the sea to increase the amount of space for Pokémon to live.

One exists to expand the domain of land to allow for the future of human development.

To achieve these goals, they turn to the Pokémon said to have formed the earth long ago.

Challenge these teams on your journey, while learning the secrets of Primal Reversion...

JYJ6AoX.png

• The ultimate confirmation of Hoenn, in the style of XY. Play through the various environments
    and locales of the original GBA release, in new ways. Remade music, expanded locations, refreshed
    character designs and personalities, water - it's all here for your enjoyment.
  • Secret Bases make a return. These spots can be accessed all over by using the move Secret Power
    in conspicuous locations.
    - Collect furniture, dolls and tricks to customize your hideout the way you want.
    - Have other Trainer's bases populate your game, either through StreetPass or by scanning their base QR code.
    - Visit and obtain friends for your base - while they hang out, you can have them help your Pokémon level up,
    hatch your eggs, or even battle you. Upgrade their abilities by capturing flags from other bases daily.
    This is similar to the role certain residents provided in BW2's Join Avenue.
    - Set up Battle Rules for your Secret Base and make it a personal Gym, with you as the leader.
  • Contests make a return to the series. Dazzle the competition with your Pokémon's performance,
    using moves to gain Appeal and impress the judges and audience.
    - Make use of Cosplay Pikachu, a special Pikachu you obtain after your first contest. Dress her up in
    various outfits and show off in each category. You can even use her in battle, with moves exclusive
    to each costume.
  • After obtaining the Eon Flute, with the legendary Pokémon Latios or Latias, you are able to Fly
    around the map in realtime, without the need to use a TM. Speed up, slow down, loop-the-loop, barrel roll -
    whatever you like.
    - Mirage Spots found when Flying let you find and catch the majority of legendary duos and trios from every
    past generation, making dex completion easier than before.
  • The original PokeNav has been expanded from it's original incarnation, and split into 4 functions:
    - The DexNav shows local Pokémon in the area, similar to the Habitat List in BW2. It also lets you catch rarer
    Pokémon by sneaking up on them in the overworld, while telling you vital statistics like level, ability,
    and moves without getting into battle.
    - The AreaNav incorporates the standard map with extra functionality, letting you view routes, locations, trainers,
    Secret Bases, berry trees, among other information. From here, once you gain the Eon Flute, you can Fly to any
    location or route instantly just by tapping on it. Also, this is where you will find Trainer's Eye functionality,
    letting you see profiles of Trainers and even see if they are up for a rematch.
    - The BuzzNav is a portable TV, with programs and notifications that come to you at all times. The selection expands
    as you progress through the game, and after getting plenty of StreetPasses.
    - The PlayNav is the entire PSS from XY in one app. Through the PSS you can trade and battle with other players whether
    they are playing XY or ORAS, make use of online services like the GTS, Pokémon Bank, and the PGL, train your Pokémon
    in Super Training while keeping track of their vital statistics, and bond with your party in Pokémon Amie.

8hX77AE.png

Along with the game, you are able to obtain more than 15 new Mega Evolutions as you progress through the game,
ranging from older Pokémon like Slowbro, to newer Pokémon like Diancie. The other two Hoenn starters get new
Mega Evolutions as well, letting you crush the competition in new ways.

PNPD5QE.png

The world at large is in danger. A large meteor heading for the Pokémon world threatens all life. In the middle of
the chaos is a new character named Zinnia, along with her Whismur and Salamence. What are her motives and goals?
  • Learn the links connecting XY's story to ORAS, going back 3000 years.
  • Old and new faces make their appearance here, including a certain someone last seen in Kalos...
  • Travel out into space with Mega Rayquaza, and duke it out with Deoxys in Low Earth Orbit.

To Be Continued...

braves01

Banned
Got my dual pack coming tomorrow!!

Anyone want to buy a potion code? lol

Also please post pics of those crystal 2DS if anyone gets one. Those look so great.

Andrefpvs

[US] November 21, 2014
[JP] November 21, 2014
[AU] November 21, 2014
[EU] November 28, 2014

Thanks for the love, Nintendo.

[US] November 21, 2014
[JP] November 21, 2014
[AU] November 21, 2014
[EU] November 28, 2014

Thanks for the love, Nintendo.

Don't complain. We get a pin and case for a remake of a 15 year old game so it balances out
lol

I wonder how much post game there is...

Joqu

Y'all have better found the truck the Battle Frontier is hiding under by the time this releases in Europe :l

Blues1990

I was lucky to obtain my copy yesterday, & it's been a blast so far. I can't wait to experiment with what kind of team that I can create with these Pokemon, given I had never played the third generation games.

1271010043_jump-in-the-car.gif

In, let's do this.

Can't wait to see my over 10 years old Mudkip and Treecko shinies getting a Mega Evolution.

Fuck you Torchic, you were supposed to be the chosen one and after years you still haven't gave me a shiny.

ZiZ

will there be any character customization (skin tone, clothing, etc) like X/Y in this game?

zroid

Banned
Pretty excited but I don't think I'll get around to this for a little while. Got a lot on my plate atm, between an ongoing playthrough of Xenoblade, Smash Bros., and Captain Toad soon. Maybe Pokémon will be my Christmas game this year.

harmonize

I think I'm sitting these out, at least until I get burnt out with everything else I'm playing. I've never been fond of the third gen as it is, but no Battle Frontier or character customization really seals the deal that this isn't a day-one purchase for me.

have fun with it though you crazy kids

Revven

Gonna pick this up tomorrow. I hope I actually play online more than I did with X/Y, I just got too busy last year to really play much competitive X/Y lol.

emb

Now that we're up to GBA remakes, I wonder how long until we get remakes of Fire Red and Leaf Green. ;)

Looking forward to playing this again. I'm not as crazy about digging into the games as I was a few years ago (ggs time and patience) but I still always get excited to play through them.

I'll be playing Smash at midnight (which GMT is the game releasing at? Can somebody help me here?), since I pre-loaded it. But as soon as the download is complete I'll dive right in.

The DexNav shows local Pokémon in the area, similar to the Habitat List in BW2.

What, this is excellent.

I haven't been following OrAs news for the most part, but I'm pretty excited! I hope the game has a big regional dex and that the rumors of post-launch free DLC are true.
If the Emerald teasing is teasing another game entirely I am going to be infuriated.

Macka

I pre-ordered this from Play-Asia in July with courier shipping, and they still haven't sent it yet. Just got an email back from them saying they don't have stock yet? Wtf Play-Asia?!

L.O.R.D

can't wait
soo much hype
too bad i have to wait for 1 week at least to get my game
no shop in my country is getting any Nintendo games

Top Bottom