• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon | Info and speculation thread

So with that timing, the news is launching a couple of hours after the end of the anime episode people were excited about possibly having a connection to the news, unless I am mistaken.

If I were to guess (and be completely wrong), this would be my prediction for the big reveals each month, not counting smaller mechanics and new Pokemon/moves since they're pretty much a given every month.

June: A more in-depth look of Alola (structure/islands) and introduction of the professor(s) and friendly rival
July: Box legendary names/typings and the first two gym leaders
August: This game's new mechanic, like Megas were to XY (with more footage at Worlds)
September: "Serious" rival and the evil team
October: Starter evolutions
November: Evil team admins/leader

The reason I think there's another rival is because the guy we've seen picks the starter weak to yours. So I think that the other rival will either pick the starter strong to yours, or it will be an N situation were he doesn't get a starter at all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
are you ready kids

38e.jpg

-Horizon-

I have hope now that the Fennekin line is a thing. So Litten better continue a new trend of fire and anything else but fighting.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
You know if Ash-Greninja (or whatever they'll call it) ends up being in the game and is related to the news, since an episode focused on it airs right before it, I bet you it'll end up being the first release Event Pokemon like Torchic and Shiny Beldum were for XY and ORAS.

Galava

http://lineblog.me/masudajunichi/archives/3702782.html

Pokenchi staff visits Game Freak for a special episode/coverage of Sun & Moon, airing July 3rd.

ゲームフリークの秘密も
サン・ムーンのことも
分かるかも!

Edited: It's for july 3rd, not june. I derped.

cHinzo

I'm fine with quality over quantity. Lots of the X and Y mons had great designs. Black and White had tons of new ones, but a lot of them looked awful.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Less than a week! What are your guys' predictions? Legendary names and typings? New mons? Official trainer art?
I'm fine with quality over quantity. Lots of the X and Y mons had great designs. Black and White had tons of new ones, but a lot of them looked awful.
X and Y had the best dex, I'd be fine with quality over quantity too. You can see the thought and care put in every design in X and Y. So many favourites from Kalos alone. I think we reached the fossil Pokemon peak with that one, its gonna be hard holding a candle to Tyrantrum and Aurorus.

Galava

Less than a week! What are your guys' predictions? Legendary names and typings? New mons? Official trainer art?

If it was just a japanese information dump, it could have been almost anything, but now that we know that the information reveal will be worldwide (I expect a video to be uploaded to all Pokémon channels) we will probbaly get a couple more mons along with some new gameplay mechanic (might be the synchro mechanic, now that Ash has total control over the synchro ability with Greninja in the anime).

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
If it was just a japanese information dump, it could have been almost anything, but now that we know that the information reveal will be worldwide (I expect a video to be uploaded to all Pokémon channels) we will probbaly get a couple more mons along with some new gameplay mechanic (might be the synchro mechanic, now that Ash has total control over the synchro ability with Greninja in the anime).

Am I thinking right that a new episode explaining Synchro will be aired on the day of the reveal? Im sure I've read that somewhere.

It could be really interesting if they implement it in the games. It'd be a massive undertaking being able to synch with every Mon (I'm guessing only the final forms) and create models for each, especially now that character customization has been confirmed, but I guess with the majority of the Mon models having been created in X and Y, they have a lot more time and effort to put something like that in the game.

My own guess is that the sun dial in Anistar City is connected to Mega evolution, will the supposed moon dial I'm guessing we'll be seeing somewhere in Alola is connected to Synchro, and that's why Lunaala bears a resemblance to Olympia, having Synched with her. Probably thinking way too deep about it though haha.

Galava

Am I thinking right that a new episode explaining Synchro will be aired on the day of the reveal? Im sure I've read that somewhere.

It could be really interesting if they implement it in the games. It'd be a massive undertaking being able to synch with every Mon (I'm guessing only the final forms) and create models for each, especially now that character customization has been confirmed, but I guess with the majority of the Mon models having been created in X and Y, they have a lot more time and effort to put something like that in the game.

My own guess is that the sun dial in Anistar City is connected to Mega evolution, will the supposed moon dial I'm guessing we'll be seeing somewhere in Alola is connected to Synchro, and that's why Lunaala bears a resemblance to Olympia, having Synched with her. Probably thinking way too deep about it though haha.

In today's episode Ash and Greninja seamlessly synchronize and Greninja reverts to his normal state casually. Next episode Ash will battle against the last gym leader again and looks like synchro will be a huge deal during the battle.

I think not all pokemon need to change forms to be able to "synchro". Some of them might change forms, but the majority of them could just get a temporal stat boost and/or ability change.

wmlk

This might be off topic, but my goodness, I had NO IDEA that NDS game hacks had progressed so far!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305765

Pokémon Light Platinum was one of the most polished GBA hacks for Pokémon, and probably the most popular in the community. It's being remade in a HGSS ROM hack and it looks really good. Can't wait to get a new wave of ROM hacks on NDS like for the GBA years back.

Neiteio

Let me christening this thread with fan art from one of my favorite artist. (Just like people christened their new boat by smash it with a bottle of champagne)
Maybe you should've waited until the art was complete, lol. Two of the seven generations aren't there yet. :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Here is a full complete collection of Gen 7 Starters.

pokemon_starters_by_quas_quas-da3q6fg.png

Look at Zero ELEC for the source. :)

Maybe you should've waited until the art was complete, lol. Two of the seven generations aren't there yet. :)

Pssh, did we wait for stained glass to be complete during Smash hype? I don't really see why we have to wait for last two arts since I would post the complete version here later on.

Yeah I don't like Kalos and Sinnoh either.

It's not complete yet! :p

Galava

2 days for the next announcement guys!

Quick question for discussion, which kind of pokémon do you want them to include?

Seiniyta

I'd kinda like a generation that's really focussed on evolving older mons in different directions. Much more alternate evolutions paths like how Poliwhirl can evolve into Poliwrath and Politoed and of course the eeveelutions.

I'd personally love to see an alternate evolution to Dragonair for example; I love dragonite but but it feels Dragonair could evolve into a more wyverm like pokemon as well.

Galava

I'd kinda like a generation that's really focussed on evolving older mons in different directions. Much more alternate evolutions paths like how Poliwhirl can evolve into Poliwrath and Politoed and of course the eeveelutions.

I'd personally love to see an alternate evolution to Dragonair for example; I love dragonite but but it feels Dragonair could evolve into a more wyverm like pokemon as well.

I'm 100% backing this up, specially the Dragonair part. Giving more choices when evolving can give some versatility to the games (but don't lock them behind trade evos please).

Mr-Joker

Banned

Same, when X and Y were first announced I was really looking forward to seeing more cross gen evolution but only to get disappointed when there was only 1 cross gen evolution.

And with Ash-Greninja being teased as a new form of Mega I worry that cross gen evolution has been culled which will be a shame as Cross gen evolution are better suited in the main game while Megas work better in competitive.

Weebos

Banned

I would like to see this again, but IIRC it had poor reception in Gen 4, so they might be unlikely to do it again.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I would like to see this again, but IIRC it had poor reception in Gen 4, so they might be unlikely to do it again.

They should as a lot of Pokémon really benefited from getting new evolution like Gligar and Sneasel.

Totally forgot we were getting more information tomorrow.

Here's to some regular ass wild Pokemon reveals!

Tomorrow? I thought it was on Thursday. :|

MomoQca

Welp! My blackout will begin in a couple of days, which means I will not be visiting Joe's site daily like I have been for over 10+ years. :'(

Kinsei

Banned

Me too. Dragonair and Vibrava really need a split evo that matches how awesome they are instead of the dumb evolutions they currently have.

I want new babies too.

.JayZii

Banned
I didn't even know about that old steel fairy in the OP. I'm so out of the loop.

It's pretty surprising it took this long to make a apparently Shiba Inu-inspired pokemon.
why are people interested in dog butt
I would think you should be the one to know the answer to that.

Top Bottom