• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon DS lite pics

Zaptruder

Banned
It's so bad that by extension, the posters that have expressed approval, now and forever more have their opinions disregarded! Automatically! By the entirety of the rest of the internet!

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
jj984jj said:
poke01.jpg

holy **** where do i get that

Link1110

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I wonder if they are going to have more limited versions....DQMJ, TOT and Zelda?

Well, if all the Pokemon GBASPs at the Nintendo World store are any indication there will be 5-10 different Pokemon DSLites.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
VicAlpha said:
found it!

pikachu_ds_closed.jpg

pikachu_ds_open.jpg

Is this real? I wouldn't buy it, but it does look cool - and it's ACTUALLY a new colour... which is why I don't like any of the other special Lites, because all they are are just white or black ones with drawings on the top...

I'm still waiting for a unique colour to replace my DS Phat with, if I ever get the urge to replace it that is...

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Skilotonn said:
Is this real? I wouldn't buy it, but it does look cool - and it's ACTUALLY a new colour... which is why I don't like any of the other special Lites, because all they are are just white or black ones with drawings on the top...

I'm still waiting for a unique colour to replace my DS Phat with, if I ever get the urge to replace it that is...
its an fan art

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Skilotonn said:
Okay thanks... that was done pretty good - Nintendo should take notes and come with some new colours...
we can b sure that at the end of the ds lite lifespan, at least 20+ colors will be out just like the gba sp, gb and others. do not worry young fella

MMaRsu said:
Holy shit I want that so bad, how much is it?
Eh. I'm not too sure. It's a bundle with the game, so I'd assume it's the cost of a DS Lite plus the game at least. In Japanese Yen, of course.

Neo Child

Banned
Speakin of the cartoon, Ash Ketchum has a brand new outfit for the Diamond + Pearl series in Japan. Sorta fits the 'cold' theme that the new region in the games/tv show (Shinou) have:

newashfu3.jpg

Martial Loh said:
hell yeah! squirtle was a pimp in the old eps of the cartoon!

Damn right, in the latest episode in Japan Ash has tooken down the final member of the Brains (harder than gym leaders) after loosing twice in a row by using:

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard and Pikachu.

Retro winnarz.

I miss the bright colors of the original gameboy color systems.... Picking from the current line up of DS "colors" reminds me of bland colors you have to pick from for honda civics and toyota corollas.

dyls

Does this come with a copy of Pokemon or not? If it does, at 16800 yen (which I believe is still the list price for a regular DSL) that's a hell of a deal.

Even if it doesn't it's still nice that Nintendo is willing to create these special editions and absorb any extra cost associated with making them. It may not be much, but the decal, (engraving?) packaging and marketing must cost them something, yet they don't pass on thse costs to the consumers. That's real fan-service, which is a rarity these days. Especially when you consider that they don't in any way need to create special editions to keep sales up.

I'm not remotely interested in it, but the first thing the design makes me think is that Nintendo is attempting to make Pokemon grow up with its audience--at least subtly. I may be way off base or stating the obvious as I don't follow the series very much, but that's my first impulse.

Troidal

People dont care if its black...I can already imagine the tremendous longass lines at Pokemon Center in Tokyo....

On a side note, I wonder how much these would fetch on ebay...

Sagitario

Neo Child said:
Damn right, in the latest episode in Japan Ash has tooken down the final member of the Brains (harder than gym leaders) after loosing twice in a row by using:

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard and Pikachu.

Retro winnarz.

That's an episode I'd love to watch... original team FTW!

human5892

Queen of Denmark
The design of the DS Lite doesn't lend itself to brightly-colored designs with cute graphics all over it, IMO -- I think that's the reason why the special editions have been so understated and stylish thus far.

cvxfreak

Troidal said:
People dont care if its black...I can already imagine the tremendous longass lines at Pokemon Center in Tokyo....

On a side note, I wonder how much these would fetch on ebay...

I take it quite a bit. The PokePark DS is surprisingly low priced, but it was out before the DS exploded in Japan.

Farore said:
That's an episode I'd love to watch... original team FTW!

They have it on YouTube. Just search for "Vs Regice".

Sagitario

Thanks! :)

Edit: WTF? Charizard! >__< Meh! -___- ...

That episode sucked... plus, the drawing quality was so low and ugly...

Neo Child

Banned
Farore said:
Thanks! :)

Edit: WTF? Charizard! >__< Meh! -___- ...

That episode sucked... plus, the drawing quality was so low and ugly...

Blame Youtube, the series has gotten significantly better over the years animation wise.

And you want an awesome episode? Check out "Haruka VS Shuu! The Final Battle!!" (part 1/2/3) on Youtube.

cvxfreak

Scalemail Ted said:
I own one of these:

n64pokemon.jpg

Best Home Console Design ever!

I own two. The orange and blue varieties from Japan. :D They were $15 brand new each in Akihabara, how could I pass that up?

http://www.kakusha.com/~cvxfreak/n64pikachu.JPG

Neo Child said:
Blame Youtube, the series has gotten significantly better over the years animation wise.

Admittedly the artwork and animation was a little off this episode regardless of YouTube.

Neo Child

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Admittedly the artwork and animation was a little off this episode regardless of YouTube.

I'll let you off for that one, they should have used one of the better animator for this episode (take Haruka's Grand Festival eps).

Rocked

DIrtyWeasel said:
This DS Lite isn't bad, it's A LOT better than I would have guessed.

I expected something brightly colored with cuter pokemon.
pikachugbasp.jpg

That one is better. The Pokemon DS is full of generic rage. :(

Sagitario

Neo Child said:

No, really... the animation in that episode was bad... it wasn't Youtube's fault...

And you want an awesome episode? Check out "Haruka VS Shuu! The Final Battle!!" (part 1/2/3) on Youtube.

I'll check it tomorrow... :)

I just remember one of my favorite episodes: the fight for the last Kanto medal in the fire gym, Cinnabar Gym I think... Charizard vs. Magmar... it was great, plus the music used in the battle... it made me say WOW...

Neo Child

Banned
Farore said:
I'll check it tomorrow... :)

Also check out "Haruka vs Harley Stage on with a double battle" (2nd contest grand fest ep) and "Raising the curtain! Pokemon grand festival" (1st contest grad fest ep) along with the 3rd in the post above. Those are 3 of my favourite episodes ever.

Farore said:
I just remember one of my favorite episodes: the fight for the last Kanto medal in the fire gym, Cinnabar Gym I think... Charizard vs. Magmar... it was great, plus the music used in the battle... it made me say WOW...

I think that was part 2. Part 1 saw Ash using Pikachu v Magmar. Magmar knocked him to the edge of the platform and he was hanging on for his life (quite literally, there was a volcano directly below him). Thats when the ep ended. He forfitted the next match.

Sagitario

Neo Child said:
Maybe im sounding obsessed now.. meh, the TV series is good.

Nah, don't worry... :p
I don't know how good the anime is now because it has been ages since I used to watch the show (which I really liked back then)... I sill watch the movies, though...

Neo Child

Banned
cvxfreak said:
He didn't actually do that... since he went home with his hat. :p

Eh? At the end of season 5, after getting owned by Harrison/whatever at the Johto league, he returned home, got a new outfit and gave Misty his old hat to remember him buy.

Unless you mean his awesome Advanced outfit, he doesnt get rid of that until the episode after the next.

Top Bottom