• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO Plus accessory for preorder at Amazon

NeOak

61DpIiEJwmL._SL1330_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H482N6E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

$34.99, release date is placeholder. Standard Amazon preorder, they charge when it ships.

https://nos.nintendo-europe.com/products/pokemon-go-plus-175

Up on the other European Nintendo stores as well. €39.99, plus €4.80 shipping.

What is it?

The physical Pokémon GO Plus device was also detailed. The accessory allows you to play Pokémon GO without having to take out your smart phone, thanks to a bluetooth connection. The button in the center of the device vibrates and lights up green whenever you are near a Pokémon, and you press the button to throw a Pokéball at it. The button will flash in a rainbow of colors if the Pokémon has been caught, and will flash red if the Pokémon capture fails. You have to take out your smartphone to discover just what you’ve caught, however.
http://nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2016/06/15/pokemon-go-details-officially-revealed-e3/

Mr-Joker

Banned
Looks cool and I was looking into getting one even though I had no intention to download Pokémon Go, but at that price yeah they can fuck off.

I will just stick to the main series.

Sealtest

I wish we had a photo of the back so I can see if I can use ANY custom bracelet for it. I'd rather have stainless steel over that colar looking thing.

NeOak

I wish we had a photo of the back so I can see if I can use ANY custom bracelet for it. I'd rather have stainless steel over that colar looking thing.

Seems you can. You remove the current one if you want to use it as a pin.

This thing is totally optional, so anyone who feels like it's too expensive can feel comfortable without buying it.

The game itself is free either way.

Red

Yeah I'd love to see them display the Pokemon caught in the screen it doesn't have.
Is that sarcasm? I'm sure he meant he wishes it had a screen, and I agree. A basic LED display would help a bunch with communicating what the GO Plus is doing. Even something as simple as the Pokéwalker would be an improvement.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Interesting to note, that like most Pokemon peripherals, this was developed internally at Nintendo. (Pokewalker, Pokemotion, Pokemon Mini, etc)

ibyea

Banned
How can a stupid button cost this much?! At least if they had some sort of display on it it would be worth it!

NeOak

WAY too expensive

I cannot justify spending $35 on a piece of plastic.

Looks cool and I was looking into getting one even though I had no intention to download Pokémon Go, but at that price yeah they can fuck off.

I will just stick to the main series.

35$ for a button

Sold out guys.

They couldn't implement this into the Apple Watch? Greedy fucks

You're calling Nintendo "Greedy fucks" and you have an Apple watch?

lmao, trying to justify buying that thing by having Pokemon GO in it?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Not to mention that he is expecting parents to let their kids run around with a 300 dollar Apple Watch ...just lol.

Shoyz

I was thinking $20, 35 is crazy. Especially since using your phone instead would presumably always be better.

For $35 you could nearly buy a copy of Sun/Moon. Heck, it's more if you have Prime/GCU. Maybe they could soften the blow with a redeemable code for in-game items.

oti

Banned
I wanted this for two reasons. One, I like to take long walks and not having to stare at my phone all the time would be great. I see this Pokémon Go more as a side activity to my walks. But this thing is ugly and I don't want to wear it while walking. Two, I've got a cousin and a god daughter I thought I could take to my walks in order to catch some Pokémon. So they'd have more fun walking around. (My cousin is super lazy.) But I'd need two of those and not just one. Another problem is that I'm sure they actually want to stare at the phone all the time to see the cool Pokémon. So I guess this thing is useless for me.

Maz

Is it just me or do nintendo stuff always sells out really fast. Do they always make a hundred of their SE's, I'm starting to think all the scalpers on ebay are nintendo employees.

I wanted one bad, lets hope amazon restocks.

Kinokou

The button in the center of the device vibrates and lights up green whenever you are near a Pokémon, and you press the button to throw a Pokéball at it. The button will flash in a rainbow of colors if the Pokémon has been caught, and will flash red if the Pokémon capture fails.

It seems like it could be helpful for people who really can't aim their "throws" either.

July, next month

O gosh that soon? Time to upgrade my phone contract then
yes, I have lived fine without surfing on the go before this

Not to mention that he is expecting parents to let their kids run around with a 300 dollar Apple Watch ...just lol.
You two seem to be having a difficult time coping with other people's purchases based on your feelings, or at least assuming a lot about who you think the target audience is.

It's easy to see how smartwatch owners would appreciate the device being incorporated, rather than watching Nintendo churn out plastic baubles for a steep price.

oti

Banned
Smartwatch App would be great! I'm sure it would also broaden the appeal to older audiences who don't want to wear this kid's toy in public, like myself. Nothing stopping them from offering both options at some point.

NeOak

You two seem to be having a difficult time coping with other people's purchases based on your feelings, or at least assuming a lot about who you think the target audience is.

It's easy to see how smartwatch owners would appreciate the device being incorporated, rather than watching Nintendo churn out plastic baubles for a steep price.

Calling Nintendo "greedy fucks" over that is hilarious though.

Smartwatch App would be great! I'm sure it would also broaden the appeal to older audiences who don't want to wear this kid's toy in public, like myself. Nothing stopping them from offering both options at some point.

Yeah, I would hope they do. Heck, I would take it for the Microsoft Band too.

If there is already a digital wrist component tied to a cell phone, why not implement the feature. No one is saying go buy an Apple Watch or Samsung gear specifically for this game. It is greedy to say "use this proprietary item, even tho we could've also put an alert on your smart watch". I'm not allowed to say it's a greedy tactic because I can afford a smart watch?

Top Bottom