• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

upandaway

I don't know man, this whole Safari deal is too extreme for me. I'm not used to these things.

I'm gonna proceed with caution. It's the one thing that I really don't get why they added it.

Why would you do that? said:
Nobody posted the new Pokemon Sunday footage? :(

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbd-cU8NgcM

The Safari Zone... I'm confused as to whether or not it is 6 possible chunks that you slide around the 6 positions, or if there are multiple possible chunks that you can put anywhere in the 6 slots.

Also, it'd be cool if, like, a specific chunk would have different Pokemon when placed in different slots.

Oh, been meaning to peep this!

Chorazin

I'm sure we'll be getting the pedometer with the game, with Nintendo pushing fitness it seems like a no-brainer.

Also, I wonder if there is a way for Nintendo to make the game require the IR port to run? Seems like that would be a good way to reduce piracy of the game.

Chorazin said:
I'm sure we'll be getting the pedometer with the game, with Nintendo pushing fitness it seems like a no-brainer.

Also, I wonder if there is a way for Nintendo to make the game require the IR port to run? Seems like that would be a good way to reduce piracy of the game.

I was thinking about this as well.
However, for some games like Made in Ore, which used some super special hardware, people were able to get around it, I believe.

Yeah... for GBA games, like Boktai with solar sensor, Warioware and Yoshi's Topsy Turvy with motion sensor, and Drill Dozer with rumble, people made patches for them to run without the necessary stuff.

and congrats on member upandaway

upandaway

Why would you do that? said:
and congrats on member upandaway
Oh damn, totally missed that. Thanks dude.

Awesome for the Headbutt coming back, but the question is whether it will stay for 5th gen or Honey will come back.

Sagitario

I really hate the GC used in those videos/commercial... it should be cel-shaded [it really fits the franchise IMO] or at least the same drawing style used in the old commercials...

Gravijah

Farore said:
I really hate the GC used in those videos/commercial... it should be cel-shaded [it really fits the franchise IMO] or at least the same drawing style used in the old commercials...

Or how about no stupid 3D at all.

upandaway

Finally got a chance to watch the videos now. Nothing else that's new, huh.

I also like how when the announcer talks about the meter, he's saying how you can give it to your mom or dad to do the dirty work for you. That's hilarious.
(No idea how I understood that, but I guess I did. I did listen to subtitled Japanese a bit I guess)

SuperAngelo64 said:
I caught a shiny Pikachu on LeafGreen about 2 weeks ago.

First shiny in my entire Pokemon career.

Rofl.. my first shiny was a Hoot Hoot in Silver. I was like "lolwut?" when I first saw it because I thought it was a glitched Pokemon or something.

I then traded it for a level 100 Chansey.

ReiGun

Thank God headbutt returns. Honey is just so stupid.

My first shiny was a Girafarig. Of course, I only had a Game Boy pocket at the time and couldn't really appreciate it. :lol

ryan-ts

-Yeti said:
Rofl.. my first shiny was a Hoot Hoot in Silver. I was like "lolwut?" when I first saw it because I thought it was a glitched Pokemon or something.

I then traded it for a level 100 Chansey.

I got a shiny Golbat, lamest shiny ever.

KtSlime

Can't wait for the Safari Zone! Sucks that Play-Asia wants so much for import. Don't think I will be able to afford both Japanese and English versions.

beje

Banned
Got Soul Silver at play-asia with a $7 off coupon. The final price with shipping was only 1.5€ more than the standard NDS games price in Europe so I think it's not such a big deal.

It sucks for US, though.

shipping is fucking slow though. I've bought games that arrived like a month after ordering

Chorazin

ReiGun said:
Thank God headbutt returns. Honey is just so stupid.

My first shiny was a Girafarig. Of course, I only had a Game Boy pocket at the time and couldn't really appreciate it. :lol

Mine way Ponyta, which actually looks pretty cool shiny!

upandaway

ryan-ts said:
I got a shiny Golbat, lamest shiny ever.
I hate you and everything you stand for.

There isn't anything cooler in the world than your favorite Pokemon ever turning pink. And when I got my pink Crobat, man, that was a glorious day.
Y'know what? No. Just no. Forget it. Forget anything I said. I just want you to look at this:

CrobatShinySprite.gif

Come on.

zumphry

Banned
upandaway said:
I hate you and everything you stand for.

There isn't anything cooler in the world than your favorite Pokemon ever turning pink. And when I got my pink Crobat, man, that was a glorious day.
Y'know what? No. Just no. Forget it. Forget anything I said. I just want you to look at this:

CrobatShinySprite.gif

Come on.

:lol

I caught a shiny Golbat about a month or so ago, which was my first shiny in Diamond(got it at the end of last year, so I doubt I'll be able to continue my Shiny in Every game streak with Platinum when I buy that soon)

Don't remember what shiny I got in Gold, but I do remember getting a shiny Zigzagoon and Pichu in Ruby/Emerald. Though, no shiny in my replay of FireRed(been replaying that for HeartGold/SoulSilver), yet.

EzLink

Banned
Official thread time already? Damn. I keep forgetting that its out in Japan so soon

Fuck I'm gonna go crazy waiting for spring 2010 :/

Fimbulvetr said:
What do you need other than a banner?

Well I can't think of anything else. I'm sorta looking at the previous Pokemon threads for inspiration. I have a temp banner up (from the official site ;p). Almost done, just gotta put up a few screenshots etc, then post. Any changes, I can just make edits later.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I always loved how in G/S you could go back and explore the Kanto region afterwards, and it dissapointed me that R/S/E and D/P/Pt didn't do something similar.
It's nice to know they're keeping it for this release, but c'mon guys, release a game where we can explore everywhere already.

Heart Gold Day 1 for sure.

KeeperofPhazon said:
If anyone is actually importing please don't hesistate to upload the remix of Route 26&27

I will literally be racing there. Most epic piece of Pokemon music ever. I get man tears when I hear that shit.

Top Bottom