• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Mini core for MiSTer FPGA is here; Nintendo's oddball mini handheld that could

VGEsoterica

I remember seeing the Pokemon Mini for sale back in the day and it felt like such an odd product; a handheld that was maybe less powerful visually than the original Gameboy and sold in 2001. Honestly the logic of it all didn't make a ton of sense but it's Nintendo and they have been experimenting with oddball hardware since forever.

Some fun games came out and it was just this tiny little handheld that existed for a bit then faded into obscurity to everyone outside the hardcore Nintendo / Pokemon fans.

so to see it come in an FPGA core and to find out there is a vibrant homebrew community dedicated to this little thing is super fun and impressive. Especially because as opposed to playing on a tiny little screen with hand cramping buttons you can now upscale it to 4K on your television.

I bet SOMEONE on GAF owns/collects for the Pokemon MIni but I am curious just who remembers this little thing?

VGEsoterica

iboIhEz.jpg

it was a tiny little hand cramper for sure lol

Top Bottom