• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Huh, Meowth has appeared this morning instead of tomorrow morning, runs the whole weekend.

And it says there's a limit to the coins you can earn - did it say that before? I hope they haven't gone and killed it with a 5k limit or something.

Loptous

Huh, Meowth has appeared this morning instead of tomorrow morning, runs the whole weekend.

And it says there's a limit to the coins you can earn - did it say that before? I hope they haven't gone and killed it with a 5k limit or something.
Got exactly 8000 coins from it this morning which makes me suspicious. Not sure if I want to spend a jewel to test this more...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got exactly 8000 coins from it this morning which makes me suspicious. Not sure if I want to spend a jewel to test this more...
I got 8,200 on my first attempt after spending a jewel.

It must be a big amount as my 4 attempts for Meowth were:

4800 + 8200 + 6200 + 6300 = 25500

Nothing out of the ordinary. If anything, maybe the limit is like 30,000 after all 4 attempts?

That's probably because the Competition ends on Sunday instead of Monday. I haven't seen any reports of 10K+ scores yet but it's still early. It wouldn't surprise me if they capped the winnings at 10k with so many being able to reach that now with MSalamence.

This fucking Skiploom stage!

That stage is rough. I think I only beat it by not allowing it to disrupt with Infernape or Snorunt. But I also didn't have Shiny Ray yet and that would be a huge difference maker.

Spent my 15 minutes boost. Found Shiny Ray after 3 minutes, beat it in 3 minutes, caught it in a Great Ball, 83% super catch. Spent the rest of my hearts on about 20 Volcanion stages.

pHand

Clawed my way to 400 on the escalation battle but had to do two full item runs on it. The first one was an absolute shitshow where Raikou refused to trigger BB+ and M-Ray wouldn't get rid of Volcanion. The second run I ended up with 6 moves left. And while I'm sure the last two boss stages will end up being further Jewel/Coin sinks, spending a Jewel or two for 3 MSUs and 5 RMLs doesn't seem like such a bad deal. The only question is whether I can farm enough coins for the runs in time or if I'll have to resort to the item bundles.

Cosmozone

Spent my coins/tries on S-leveling Cobalion instead of doing the Safari and Escalation battle the last week. Got 3x RML from it, so that's not too bad. Downside, those two things are just at the beginning.
At least I finally catched the first two Safari pokemon the other day without spending a lot of tries but I haven't touched it since. The escalation battle is currently at 50. I'll tackle this next.
The competition went OK, I guess. I missed the 3rd stratum by a bit, but eventually a second try wouldn't have helped me. I didn't use DD because I wanted material for Steelix, maybe I should have? A somewhat rough beginning and some missed power of 4+ activations prevented a higher score.

Spent my coins/tries on S-leveling Cobalion instead of doing the Safari and Escalation battle the last week. Got 3x RML from it, so that's not too bad. Downside, those two things are just at the beginning.
At least I finally catched the first two Safari pokemon the other day without spending a lot of tries but I haven't touched it since. The escalation battle is currently at 50. I'll tackle this next.
The competition went OK, I guess. I missed the 3rd stratum by a bit, but eventually a second try wouldn't have helped me. I didn't use DD because I wanted material for Steelix, maybe I should have? A somewhat rough beginning and some missed power of 4+ activations prevented a higher score.

I wondered if DD was needed too but I never tried it without. Once you get rid of those blocks is hard to get more than 6 combos with that Steelix team during DD. When that board reset happens and you always have a Steelix match there and I had times when I got 10k off that one disruption.

Maybe I should have spent the money to get Aggron. I'll probably fall to tier 3 after 4 attempts. A Steelix team just felt like you couldn't create your own luck, you just had to hope RNG was in your favor.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Craaaaap, I forgot to partake in the Mega Gardevoir competition to get some extra speedups & RMLs......

Also, how the hell do you get a S-rank on 540? I'm using a MAX leveled team w/ Mega Tyranitar, Zygarde, Kyurem, & Dragonite, but I don't come anywhere close to the # of moves needed for S.

& is it just me, or does it seem....weird that the strongest pokemon of them all, after taking RMLs into account, is Machamp of all things & is the only one over 120 AP? More than the supposed legendary Pokemon.

I don't know why the Comp ended early, I thought we might get something today.

If your definition of strongest is total hit points and not base power Angry Pikachu is the strongest in the game at LVL 20 SL5. On the 3DS it can't even register it's power properly the screen maxes out at 9999 when it's actually registering closer to 17k in one hit on a SE opponent x15 on a match 5. (but that includes the optimal situation under Sleep Charm with AP+)

UuP0KRP.jpg

Just squeaked into the 2nd tier of the competition. Considering how I only had one level 10 Pokemon and Cobalion was only SL2, I'm happy with the result.

Will probably get to 150 on the escalation and stop. I wish they put the RML at that point instead of at 200.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
DAMN, guess I'll deal with leveling up Angry Pikachu, then. Been running out of Pokemon to bring with me to coin grind.

pHand

Took me two tries to beat 500. In the end, I had to use a Jewel for 5 extra moves and just barely beat it. I was sure I would have to use another one, but I did just enough damage on my final move. I think it was worth it for 5 RMLs, but in the future I might hold off unless I have a max leveled team and/or actually get good at using Mega Tyranitar.

& is it just me, or does it seem....weird that the strongest pokemon of them all, after taking RMLs into account, is Machamp of all things & is the only one over 120 AP? More than the supposed legendary Pokemon.

I think Mewtwo is 130 AP at max level. But, yeah, it's weird that Machamp is so strong. Emboar and a number of others would probably be 125 AP if they were allowed 10 RMLs instead of 5. And I'd love to know the reasoning behind allowing certain Pokemon only 3. Beedrill looks so weird with 92 max AP.

As for the competition ending early, it might be because they're having a Shiny Rayquaza comp starting tomorrow. I wonder if the rewards will be even crazier than normal since it's unlikely they're giving out the Mega Stone.

DAMN, guess I'll deal with leveling up Angry Pikachu, then. Been running out of Pokemon to bring with me to coin grind.
I wouldn't run out and spend the heavy investment on a gimmick Pokemon. It's activation rate's only 50% on a match 5 so it has appeal in a timed environment but not a whole lot else.

We just had an SS/RML update there are a ton of choices, I don't know why you think we've run out of worthwhile Pokemon.

Have you maxed Terrakion? It will most likely be in the next competition.

Tenatcruel and Beartic from the new stages.

Wailord, Volcanion, Shiny Ray, W-Audino all recent releases

I'm going to PSB farm Vanillish and Skarmory probably Gulpin too. There are other good possible SS choices like Registeel, Carvine, and Avalugg but I'm going to wait on them.

Besides if you feed one RML to say Articuno you'll have a farming teammate for quite a while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Terrakoin is almost MAX, but I haven't fed it any RMLs.

Wailord is also almost MAX, but I decided against feeding it RMLs after hearing Flash Mob isn't that great of a skill.

I'm leveling up Volcanion & Shiny Rayquaza at the moment, they're both at lv. 6.

I need one more RML for Machamp, 2 for Xerneas, debating Kyuren just for the AP of 115 & have a stronger Ice team.

Maybe I should feed some RMLs to Dialga & Palkia as well? Perhaps Salamence as well to have a stronger Flying team.

Still need to catch Tentacruel & Beartic from the new stages, I'm on 541.

Salamence is currently tied as my highest BP Pokemon but I think those RML would have been better spent on support. The way its Mega ability works and how fast it evolves you'll only make a handful matches on most boards. Besides, Flying types pretty much have only Eject+ Sky Blast lineups most of the time you'll use a more diverse Fire Type lineup.

I don't plan on raising Diagla or Palkia more, I think I'll beef up some weaker Mon so they can be as useful as those two.

The reddit community has a great aggregated RML Ranking as well as a Skill Swapper guide

Cosmozone

Damn, looks like this update is way too much to me to chew together with the unfinished business from last week. Will bring Terrakoin to 3SL max probably. Catched another at the Safari but I really don't know...

JoeM86

I still can't help but wonder if we're going to get a Switch port. With the next huge version update coming next month, it feels inevitable

OmegaX

I still can't help but wonder if we're going to get a Switch port. With the next huge version update coming next month, it feels inevitable

If they don't let me migrate my save file to Switch then I don't care. I'm not starting over this game.

pHand

Looks like I was wrong about them not giving away the mega stone, but I was right about the crazy prizes. I usually rank in the 20k+ bracket, so an extra RML and MSU will be a nice bonus.

Really curious how it would work when docked though. Maybe IR pointer? They'd probably have to quadruple the time for timed stages.

Got a couple angry skips on the escalation so I guess I'm going to 200.

Thought this competition would be brutal but you can buy Mega Start, so Tyranitar it is. Armaldo is disrupted, so definitely level it up.

Man this EB has been a money pit for me. Two failed attempts at 400, 14k down the drain.

5 icon stage is so RNG dependent. I don't know what I could do different without spending more coins. M-tar/Bellosom13/Virizion12/Emolga13. A SL3 Virizion only had two opportunities the first run and only proc'd 1 of 4 in the second attempt. Emolga SL4 wasn't much better I think I had one hit above 3k between the two. There's no way to generate combos, most are under 4.

Machine

Man this EB has been a money pit for me. Two failed attempts at 400, 14k down the drain.

5 icon stage is so RNG dependent. I don't know what I could do different without spending more coins. M-tar/Bellosom13/Virizion12/Emolga13. A SL3 Virizion only had two opportunities the first run and only proc'd 1 of 4 in the second attempt. Emolga SL4 wasn't much better I think I had one hit above 3k between the two. There's no way to generate combos, most are under 4.

I don't think I'll get that far. I'm almost to 250 but I have less than 2K at the moment so I will have to hit Meowth for a while before I can progress. I spent too many coins last week plowing through the new levels to get to Mega Aggron, clearing out the new safari, and making a couple runs at last week's competition.

L.O.R.D

After +200 visit to the safari,managed to see shiny rayquaza.
ironically,he was the easiest to catch.
even sandshrew escaped several times.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should I be using Armaldo & Cradily for Mega Shiny Rayquaza as suggested by the game, or just whoever I have as the strongest effective team?

Should I be using Armaldo & Cradily for Mega Shiny Rayquaza as suggested by the game, or just whoever I have as the strongest effective team?

Armaldo is a 100% lock- MS Rayquaza spawns huge amounts of them, and if you get the quick-move bonus the turn before, you'll also get it for the spawned Armaldo.

Cradily is not so relevant- although there's some on the board to begin with, I don't believe any more spawn after that. You'd probably be better off with a stronger SE Pokémon at that point, really.

I got very decent results with a M-TTar, Armaldo, Zekrom and Kyurem build, myself, although a specced-up Articuno or Angrychu would probably do a better job than Kyurem or Zekrom.

Assuming you're bringing MTtar you should be able to deal with Cradily. Cradily can Eject+ out those other single distruptions but I agree with Exterminieren, another high level/heavy hitting mon with be more valuable. MTtar, Emolga, Armaldo, hmmm maybe Zekrom there are blocks but maybe it's better to have a higher BP in Raikou.

Finished 500, nearly broke but I've got enough for one run at Shiny MRay

Next week looks to be slow, repeats from Sinnoh including a "long awaited return" my guess is Heatran. As long as there's no Cresselia EB, please no EB.

Cosmozone

Safari has been friendly to me at last. Got everything except Ray. I guess I'm ready to check out the infinite tries thing now. Any tips how to beat it if I'm lucky enough to have an encounter? I don't have M-Tyranitar or M-Ray.

Safari has been friendly to me at last. Got everything except Ray. I guess I'm ready to check out the infinite tries thing now. Any tips how to beat it if I'm lucky enough to have an encounter? I don't have M-Tyranitar or M-Ray.

My team was MBee/Mamoswine/Snorunt

If you don't have a candied MBee I'm not sure if it would be better to use your fastest Gengar/RedGyarados or a SE Mega like Glalie but it might be too slow to evolve.

Definitely want a SE BB+ like Mamoswine or Raikou. If you don't have Skill boosted Chill or Freeze disruption delaying mon I'd just go with Zekrom to deal with the blocks.

Lots of Barriers and lots of Blocks just make sure you have lots of cash to throw the inevitable Great Ball

When you're searching soon as you see the number of turns you'll know if you're facing him or if you need to just cancel the match. 13 turns it's the only one in double digits.

Cosmozone

Thanks, doesn't sound that good. No Mamoswine, Snorunt is at L3, SL1.
Aren't M-Bee and Gengar not effective? My Bee is at L8 SL3 and is still very slow to evolve.
Guess I'll use M-Glalie, Raikou and Zekrom. Replacing the Mega with a Po4+ or additional BB+ or risk taker is probably too risky? "Normal" Megas like Glalie are perhaps not combo-effective in this case so it's better to invest in more attack power. If you could try the stage beforehand, I'd know better. :)
Off to grind some coins for now.

Edit: M-Banette? It can boost itself to mega status faster. Still can't wrap my head around the fact that using a non-effective mega can overcome the missing type advantage.

Here's a video if you want to know what you're up against. I beat it with 9 moves left this guy struggled with MRay maybe he thought it was a Dragon-type

Safari's with 3 stage Pokemon are more about generating combos more than anything else. That's why Gengar has always been the default choice, its Mega ability can turn the board into a 2 mon stage and with that generous Safari skyfall defeat any stage regardless of being SE or not.

Here's a sped up Glalie V Shiny Ray match.

Both those seem too risky, I never saw that wall of Barriers before turn 6. It's not a hard stage but it looks like you could get screwed pretty easy with a bad disruption placement. I think I'd go MGengar/Raikou/Zekrom open the board up as fast as you can and let Gengar rack up the combo's before it disrupts.

Useless someone that used a similar team objects?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally made some progress on the main stages, but now stuck at Cubchoo.

....& I forgot to save some coins for the competition so I can get some more RMLs & speedups, time to grind before it ends.

Ondore

I ran into Shiny Ray three times: once on 3DS, twice on mobile.

3DS (endgame) file used MBeedrill fully sped up, Mamoswine (BB+) and Glalie (L12, SL1 for Chill).

Mobile (midgame, active since December) used Glalie (L6), the Holiday Safari Snover (L4) for Block Smash+ and Articuno (L6) for damage. Had to use a Jewel on the first run, but beat it with seven moves left on the second.

Cosmozone

Thank you. That Shiny Rayquaza cost me two great balls still with 9 moves left, but I got it. Used the rest of the time to get part of my money back. Too bad Terrakion doesn't work with the unlimited tries. Would've been rad. Thanks especially for the reminder of the pseudo C-1 trick that works so well in 3 slots only situations. I actually didn't realize that. Somehow it stuck to my mind that there are replacements in other situations.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ugh, first mega competition attempt felt awful, only 28,722, placing me at below 6,300 & only one reward each. Doesn't help Armaldo is only at lv. 6.

Edit: THERE WE GO, didn't get a DD this time & score was much better with 55,663, putting me at 2,588. Probably won't stay above 2700 to get 3 speedups & RMLs, but two of them will do nicely. Can finally max out Machamp & then start focusing on another Pokemon.

Orgen

Spedups are starting to rake and I don't know where to use them :| I have fully candied these:

Rayquaza
Gengar
Mewtwo
Tyranitar
Blaziken
Mawile
Shiny Gyarados
Banette
And maybe others that I'm forgetting. Is Beedrill the next one I should candy up? Charizard?

Is Beedrill of any use in the later main stages?

Personally, I'm leaning towards Tyranitar or Garchomp for my next SpeedUps but if Beedrill works then it could be a better shout. I know it's basically a free Mega Start but what kind of stages am I going to use it on if I have Ray/TTar/Gar candied?

Ondore

There's some stages where he's quite useful (Skiploom, the little tosser) and Beedrill+Risk Takers is the best way to use Survival Mode for experience boosters.

Stage On

There's some stages where he's quite useful (Skiploom, the little tosser) and Beedrill+Risk Takers is the best way to use Survival Mode for experience boosters.

Not to mention how insanely useful Beedrill has been for several escalation battles.

MBee was my most used Mega thru 500 stages in this last EB. I tried other Megas and Bee was the only one that could handle 400 and up.

I beat Survivial mode itemless this week with MBee, I had to feed some cookies to Machamp so all my Riskers were SL5 and that made the difference. Through it took a little over an hour to do the entire thing, but 3 hearts for 1000 coins and 2500 exp.

MBee was used in this Safari too, I used it to catch Cradily, hell I probably could have used to farm 37 and never switch my Mega all week.

On stages, you pretty much use Mbee when there are too many icons for MRay or too many disruptions for MGengar or MTtar is still too slow. Single digit turn stages or 3 icon stages he can be the default Mega. Personally, it's priority #2 after MRay, TTar is still so slow even when sped up and it seems like the only time I use it is when I spend a MS on a EB boss stage, Comp or S-Rank.

pHand

I beat Survivial mode itemless this week with MBee, I had to feed some cookies to Machamp so all my Riskers were SL5 and that made the difference. Through it took a little over an hour to do the entire thing, but 3 hearts for 1000 coins and 2500 exp.

Just tried an M-Bee team today and had my Survival run end at 48. M-Bee is Lv13 and fully candied while my Machamp is Lv20, SL5. I only got Hoopa-U recently so it's only Lv7, SL3. And for some reason they refuse to repeat Landorus-T so I had to make do with a Lv6, SL3 Crookodile. I also had to buy a few DDs along the way. In the end, my damage output couldn't get me through some of the tankier stages w/o using up a lot of moves (Ampharos, I'm looking at you). I probably won't try again until I've finished maxing Hoopa and Krook.

Is the general consensus that you need a Fighting, Dark, and Ground team for survival? I'm thinking of swapping in my maxed out Emboar.

Top Bottom