• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Y "Mega Evolutions" revealed (trailer) + new art and details

SgtCobra

Okay blackout is over for now, I just couldnt when I saw the title.
I'm weak, but...Mega Evolutions, sheiit.
Mega Evolution for Absol, shhheeeeeeiiiiiiiitttt

I guess in other people's perceptive .

It's possible but it's very hard to do, In my opinion. I never done that yet since I always want to know what is in the game. :p

Meh, you can see the title and still be in a black out...but damn it will be hard. I think the other topic was worse, since you didn't saw anything new and enter it and BOOM! mega evolutions bitch, like a slap in the face.

Edit:

So, I'm confused, does a Mega Stone mega evolve each Pokemon, or does each Mega Pokemon have their own specific Mega Stone?

The later, they have the name of the pokemon also. Like Lucarionite and Blazikenite. So if you find one hidden in the game you will know that this poke can mega evolve.

Magnus

I don't understand how fan art is being produced so damned fast! I mean, wasn't this shit just announced today??

Well, from what I remembered, PokeBomb Hype was title for people who requested to not have any spoilers in title. I could be wrong.

I appreciate the desire people have to remain blacked-out....but it's a gaming forum. People are going to be posting news when big news on the games like this come out. I appreciate this thread since I probably would have missed the news on this otherwise.

I think going blackout/spoiler-free on a forum like this only works if you sub to the main thread (the Hype one) and go straight there, which I imagine people serious about going on a blackout are doing. In which case, they'll never see this thread.

JoeM86

I don't understand how fan art is being produced so damned fast! I mean, wasn't this shit just announced today??

I appreciate the desire people have to remain blacked-out....but it's a gaming forum. People are going to be posting news when big news on the games like this come out. I appreciate this thread since I probably would have missed the news on this otherwise.

I think going blackout/spoiler-free on a forum like this only works if you sub to the main thread (the Hype one) and go straight there, which I imagine people serious about going on a blackout are doing. In which case, they'll never see this thread.

Nope, the Pokémon were leaked through a Japanese magazine yesterday. this was the official announcement

JoeM86

Ah, ok cool.

So I suppose that leaves room for the second rumored Mewtwo form. I still kinda wonder if Mew will get a Mega form..

If that rumour is legit, then what they think was a second new form of Mewtwo, could be a Mega Mew. They did say that it appeared similar to Mew, after all

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Meh, you can see the title and still be in a black out...but damn it will be hard. I think the other topic was worse, since you didn't saw anything new and enter it and BOOM! mega evolutions bitch, like a slap in the face.

Haha, probably. You got a good point there.

Yeah, pretty much. If you are talking aboutPokeHype IX then It's mega evolution pokemon announcement thread as well, hence with my confusion in this thread for being second thread with almost same contents. Only difference is that it's official announcement from Nintendo with the trailer.

Wichu

If that rumour is legit, then what they think was a second new form of Mewtwo, could be a Mega Mew. They did say that it appeared similar to Mew, after all

That's what I thought, too. Odd that they didn't consider the possibility, though.

So, Scizorite + Togekissite will pretty much destroy the metagame, right?

Metagame? When Gamefreak is done with this, there won't be a Metagame.

I'm still shock at the lack of fan art of Mega Mawile eating a dragon. Steel/Fairy people!!.

This feels to me like the first generation of Pokemon for some time to have decent designs. The style feels very reminiscent of gen 1&2.

As if Blaziken wasn't strong already, it is like the strongest starter in all of Pokemon. Hopefully MegaBlaziken can be classified with Infernape, and Venusaur something has to give.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I know. :)

Mega Lugia
Mega Articuno
Mega Zapdos
Mega Moltres
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Heracross
Mega Scizor
Mega Aggron
Mega Garchomp
Mega Dragonite
Mega Gyarados
Mega Scrafty
Mega Zoroark
Mega Charizard
Mega Blastoise
Mega Victini
Mega Pidgeot
Mega Butterfree
and MANY MORE!

There are many possibilities but I'm curious who would actually get Mega Evolution.

I can see it now. The competitive scene will be all "no mega stones allowed".

Just like SSB with no items allowed. ;)

Delio

Man the trailer makes MegaBlaziken look so awesome hah. Also looks like im going monofire for my first Y run.

Theorymon

Something I'm worried about is that since Mega Evolutions require a hold item, that gamefreak could be dumb, and make it so that say, a Life Orb Blaziken does more damage than a Mega Blaziken. Hopefully gamefreak beefs up the attack stats enough to avoid that, I want some new toys to play with in Ubers!

JohnDoe

Banned
They better make sure every starter gets a megaevolution, otherwise it'd be kinda stupid to only have megablaziken or whatever.

I just wanna have Mega Charizard.

Previously, you could trade via the GTS only for Pokémon you'd already registered in your Pokédex by seeing or catching them. For the first time in the main Pokémon series, Pokémon X and Pokémon Y allow you to receive a Pokémon not yet registered in your Pokédex via GTS trade!
A very welcome addition.

Scanna

I'm afraid that I don't understand what it meant?

gamechanger, as far as GTS goes.
Practically, before you could ask to trade online only for Pokémons that you had at least "seen" on your Pokédex, which was not that useful. Now I understand you can do it for every Pokémon (but wouldn't that kill in part the Pokédex itself? does that mean that we're going to have in the GTS an updated list of all the monsters from which you can select the one you like?)

Snakeyes

Mvc3darkphoenix.jpg

We Mahvel now?

Heyt

Banned
I'm confused. Are mega evos some kind of over limit mode that ends after the battle? How can you trigger that?

It activates with an item? Works just once or is it permanent? How do they balance all of this things?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Practically, before you could ask to trade online only for Pokémons that you had at least "seen" on your Pokédex, which was not that useful. Now I understand you can do it for every Pokémon (but wouldn't that kill in part the Pokédex itself? does that mean that we're going to have in the GTS an updated list of all the monsters from which you can select the one you like?)

Oh I see. I haven't done anything with GTS yet.

Wichu

I think you need to type the Pokémon's name manually, so you won't have a list of all the names and thus the Pokédex is intact.

Demon Ice

Banned
I thought for a second they were going to show a mega evolution for Hydreigon and I nearly pissed myself. But no, he was just there to get beat up by MLucario :(

Top Bottom