• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Alright I've gotten caught up in the hype, bought Black 1 at launch and put in around 40 hours but never "finished" it and got to the elite four etc. Eventually had to sell the game at a time when I was low on cash but I have since re-bought it, worth bothering to play through it all now or should I just save all my pokemon time for Black 2?

ffdgh

excluding rng, my shinys are phanpy in fire red and ducklett.

Masuda shinies are zoura, scraggy, scyther and munchlax.

Alright I've gotten caught up in the hype, bought Black 1 at launch and put in around 40 hours but never "finished" it and got to the elite four etc. Eventually had to sell the game at a time when I was low on cash but I have since re-bought it, worth bothering to play through it all now or should I just save all my pokemon time for Black 2?

The consensus is that these are way better games.

Acrylic7

Giving up on female Eevee :/

anyone have any flying type recommendations? Can seem to locate a good one.

edit- Can I change my 3ds setting to trick the game into thinking its Monday? Just realized I can get a Braviary at lv 25

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My Riolu fainted twice. Will he never evolve now or what's the easiest way to get his happiness really far back up fast? :(

Early on in the game ATM but I played through B/W.

DR2K

Banned
My Riolu fainted twice. Will he never evolve now or what's the easiest way to get his happiness really far back up fast? :(

Mine fainted a few times, got it to Lucario at around level 20.

Ezalc

Alright, annoying question that has probably been answered a million times.

Me and a friend are considering buying a version of B/W each. We would buy the version opposite of the other for obvious reasons. My question remains that, neither of us played the first games. Should we jump straight into the sequels? My friend is telling me to just go for the sequels but I feel like I would be missing something out if I don't play the first ones beforehand.

Acrylic7

Alright, annoying question that has probably been answered a million times.

Me and a friend are considering buying a version of B/W each. We would buy the version opposite of the other for obvious reasons. My question remains that, neither of us played the first games. Should we jump straight into the sequels? My friend is telling me to just go for the sequels but I feel like I would be missing something out if I don't play the first ones beforehand.

I don't think you will be missing much. I already forgot about the mindless crap that went down in white1.

I say just get B&W 2.

get him a massage in the Big City. make sure he is always first in your part and ride your bike like a madman for 12 minutes.
Mines evolved at 18 and he fainted at least 3 times.

Acrylic7

I'm trying to figure out if I can get a Water Stone in Relic Castle via Dustclouds inside the sewer.

Can anyone confirm?
I'v been looking around and ant find an answer.

I'm trying to figure out if I can get a Water Stone in Relic Castle via Dustclouds inside the sewer.

Can anyone confirm?
I'v been looking around and ant find an answer.

If you have a Pokémon with Surf, there is a Water Stone on Route 19 at the very beginning of the game.

I'm planning on getting white version. Is it possible for someone to trade me the "challenge key" from the very beginning of the game so I can play through it with a higher difficulty?

It isn't something we can trade online. It has to be traded with the IR connection. So you'd have to find someone close by.

Omzz

Going for a totally different team this time, wanted to mix things up a bit rather than having the same pokemon

Old team:
Samurott
Galvantula
Simisear
Krookodile
Unfezant
Conkeldurr

New team so far:
Oshawott
Growlithe
Elekid
Riolu
Druddigon
Rufflet (don't have one yet)

But yeah, really liking it so far!

Trey

So I didn't feel like getting a synchronizer from W1 in order to force an Adamant Riolu to appear. At a five percent encounter rate, I'm surprised it only took a couple of hours and 8 Riolu's to finally get one.

Red

For memory link to work, do I just have to access wifi with my Black 2? How do you sync accounts?

And what's up with mystery link? I thought Genesect was available to download, but I keep getting "no gifts found."

It always surprises that there are people who haven't encountered a shiny. Anywho, I was tired of trying to find a Riolu in Floccesy Ranch and failing, so I bred one in my copy of Black and traded it over to Black 2. The very next step I take in some grass on Floccesy Ranch, a male level 7 Riolu pops up. Fucking Pokemon.

Red

It always surprises that there are people who haven't encountered a shiny. Anywho, I was tired of trying to find a Riolu in Floccesy Ranch and failing, so I bred one in my copy of Black and traded it over to Black 2. The very next step I take in some grass on Floccesy Ranch, a male level 7 Riolu pops up. Fucking Pokemon.

I never encountered a shiny from gens II-IV, then ran into 3 of them in White.

Just checking here to see if I have this correct:

in order to get C-gear passes, surveys, etc. and I have a 3DSXL, I have to have the Pokemon game running at the time, and if I close the system I don't get Streetpasses PLUS the battery runs down faster because it's not in sleep mode?

Does anyone really think this is worth it?

Roto13

Just checking here to see if I have this correct:

in order to get C-gear passes, surveys, etc. and I have a 3DSXL, I have to have the Pokemon game running at the time, and if I close the system I don't get Streetpasses PLUS the battery runs down faster because it's not in sleep mode?

Does anyone really think this is worth it?

no

I never encountered a shiny from gens II-IV, then ran into 3 of them in White.

If it makes you feel any better, the first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Magikarp in the original Silver version and I knocked it out because my 10 year old self was freaked out by the weird colored Pokemon in front of me. :p

Red

If it makes you feel any better, the first shiny I ever encountered was a shiny Magikarp in the original Silver version and I knocked it out because my 10 year old self was freaked out by the weird colored Pokemon in front of me. :p

My first shiny was that gen 5 Zubat knock-off. It's also the only one I managed to catch :/

O god the guy's hair in this game looks so dumb

thats neat,

I have an extra Eevee if you want it.
do you have an extra Deino or Dratini? around lv1-125?

Nah, I have plenty of Eevee. You can trade me anything. My Friend Code is 0303 9099 2313. I had an extra Wartortle, so I taught it Surf/Waterfall/Dive/Strength.

I don't have either immediately available. I'd have to breed eggs, and I'm just not up for it tonight. I've traded lots of Dratini to NeoGAF people before, so they should be willing to pay it forward!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After encountering a dozen Emolgas while trying to find Audino's
'hey i'll trade you a Gigalith for Emolga'
'sure i got that'
go to pokecenter
FUCK

so now im trying to find Emolgas and none of the bushes are moving

Top Bottom