• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poland: Get a free Xbox Series X with every LG GX TV! ("Quite a deal", -Bo_Hazem)

GrayFoxPL

It's still a good deal for the value.

It costs what is costs, if you can't afford it, don't get it simple as that. But it's absolutely worth the money. Throw in a new console and it's a fantastic deal, no two ways about it.

Yachts are stupid expensive, I can't afford one, nor will I get one. Doesn't mean it's not worth what it costs.

I have no idea where you're from.

So, it may be worth it where you live, just not here.

Redlancet

Banned
I would say C9 for being 48Gbps bandwidth, same as Ampere RTX 3000's. CX is still great, and better color calibrated out of the box in comparison which can be a matter of luck as well but that's what rtings.com shown.

For Xbox Series X it's 40Gbps, matches CX, for PS5 it's still unknown but X900H is advertised as "Ready for PS5" and it is officially supporting 48Gbps so it might do the same.
i have a rtx 3080,but the c9 its hard to find to be honest

Bo_Hazem

Banned
i have a rtx 3080,but the c9 its hard to find to be honest

Yes, because it's a 2019 model and it's better than CX the newer one and cheaper. Not sure why they gimped the bandwidth to 40Gbps. You might feel the difference though, so you don't worry much about going for CX.

Trimesh

Banned
Numbers from biggest retailers in Poland, I live there. Regular price is ~7800 PLN, one of them gives you an additional discount so it costs 7300 PLN (with some bonus item included, toaster or cheap headphones or something else you choose) and XSX is 2250 PLN, so ~5000 PLN without XSX.

Seems like it's much more expensive in Finland for some reason.

This is a dumb and arguably off topic question, but why "PLN"? I thought the currency unit used in Poland was Zloty? Why not PLZ?

(yeah, I know it's an l with a slash, but I have no idea how to type that...)

Last edited:

dotnotbot

This is a dumb and arguably off topic question, but why "PLN"? I thought the currency unit used in Poland was Zloty? Why not PLZ?

(yeah, I know it's an l with a slash, but I have no idea how to type that...)

Not dumb at all, I didn't know answer as well and had to google it :messenger_winking_tongue: Currency is indeed Złoty, but it turns out that it's full official name is "New Polish Złoty". PLN is international code (ISO 4217 standard) for the currency, 2 first letters are obviously country code and 3rd letter is the first letter of full currency name.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Honestly I wouldn't buy an OLED to play games, there will be burn-in it's just a question of when. I may get a new TV with HDMI 2.1 for 4K120 but I doubt it'll be an OLED, maybe a QLED with mini-LED backlighting next year to hold me for 5-6 years until micro-LED becomes mainstream enough to be affordable.

ZywyPL

Banned
Yes, because it's a 2019 model and it's better than CX the newer one and cheaper. Not sure why they gimped the bandwidth to 40Gbps. You might feel the difference though, so you don't worry much about going for CX.

Some of the bandwidth is used for AI operations, while those 40Gbps are still more than enough, the only drawback is 10bit color instead of 12bit, which would be invisible anyway since both C9 and CX are 10bit panels, so in practice, despite lower bandwidth, there's no difference

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Some of the bandwidth is used for AI operations, while those 40Gbps are still more than enough, the only drawback is 10bit color instead of 12bit, which would be invisible anyway since both C9 and CX are 10bit panels, so in practice, despite lower bandwidth, there's no difference

I'm still not sure about that, as the Tempest 3D Audio could make up to 22GB/s bandwidth, I can see PS5 going for full bandwidth to saturate it. It's probably not a big deal, but we need more hard facts and it's better to go with full bandwidth instead.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Honestly I wouldn't buy an OLED to play games, there will be burn-in it's just a question of when. I may get a new TV with HDMI 2.1 for 4K120 but I doubt it'll be an OLED, maybe a QLED with mini-LED backlighting next year to hold me for 5-6 years until micro-LED becomes mainstream enough to be affordable.

I won't ever buy an OLED myself, because my TV would spend 8-10hours in a daily basis, and that could extend to 1-2 days non-stop. So better be safe than sorry. But for others that use their tv's less, it's still a solid choice.

• LOL
Reactions: MrS

Boss Mog

It depends. If you are variety gamer and don't spend thousands of hours in one game with static HUD elements then you are completely safe.
My dad has the LG CX so I know how great OLED looks, but his den is in a dark alcove, my living room has huge ass windows so the TV wouldn't be bright enough if I wanted to use the eco mode which I would if I had an OLED to extend its life. HDR content will also accelerate OLED dimming over time. Plus I do play Apex Legends almost daily so I think as great as it is, OLED just isn't for me.

Micro-LED really is the holy grail, all the advantages of OLED and none of the downsides, hopefully in 5-6 years we'll all have it.

Last edited:

Trimesh

Banned
N means New.
In 1995 we had denomination and PLN means something like PL new zloty.

OK, got it - it was revalued at one point and the new name is to distinguish between the pre and post revaluation units. Same as the way that people in Taiwan still use "NT$" despite them having replaced the original Taiwan Dollar 70 years ago...

ZywyPL

Banned
Apparently Media Markt is running the exact same deal:

EDIT:
Media Expert as well:

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Apparently Media Markt is running the exact same deal:

EDIT:
Media Expert as well:

Thanks! Added to the OP.