• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police Officer Gets Desk Duty for Wearing Racist Shirt

Beefy

FWYlaZX.jpg

Article
A judge has dismissed a gun case after prosecutors said an arresting officer may have designed a T-shirt that an advocacy group says has a racist symbol.

The case dismissal is the first since members of the 7th Police District "Powershift'' unit have come under scrutiny for the shirts, The Washington Post reports.

An internal police investigation of the shirts is underway.

Dude should get sacked

Oppo

What is the small text near the bottom? Let me... waistband? something?

also pretty obviously cribbed from Sons of Anarchy

Slayven

amazing you can throw a dart at the map of the USA and find racism in law enforcement. But BLM is the problem...

ThisGuy

What is the small text near the bottom? Let me... waistband? something?

also pretty obviously cribbed from Sons of Anarchy

Forgive my ignorance but what is the shirt being compared to?

The T-shirt shown in a photo from the group says "Powershift Seventh District." A Celtic cross stands in the place of the letter O. The symbol is used by white supremacist groups including the Ku Klux Klan, according to the Anti-Defamation League.

The shirt shows a skeleton holding a rifle and the MPD shield, with the D.C. flag as a backdrop. Below the image is the words "Let me see that waistband jo."

Law4BlackLives says the words are a reference to "jump outs" and searches of men of color for weapons.

At the beginning of the article no less.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
amazing you can throw a dart at the map of the USA and find racism in law enforcement. But BLM is the problem...

Maybe that's what you believe, but I've been reading stuff by this amazing woman, Nicole Mincey that tells me there's two sides to every story.

Fucking skulls again?

STOP PUTTING SKULLS ON YOUR OFFICIAL POLICE STUFF YOU FUCKS.

To serve and protect.

Skulls do not make me feel served or protected by the police.

I'll laugh if the O turns out just to have been the default O for whatever font he used. But stop trying to make out like you are death bringers when your job is to protect the community, not terrorize it (or specifically colored members of it).

Virzeth

Bigger pic to better appreciate stolen skeleton and rifle (so reassuring, ain'tcha?)

9VqdDZl.jpg

Fucking skulls again?

STOP PUTTING SKULLS ON YOUR OFFICIAL POLICE STUFF YOU FUCKS.

To serve and protect.

Skulls do not make me feel served or protected by the police.

I'll laugh if the O turns out just to have been the default O for whatever font he used. But stop trying to make out like you are death bringers when your job is to protect the community, not terrorize it (or specifically colored members of it).

Yup, sadly.

OthrySt.jpg

Top Bottom