• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police Program Aims to Pinpoint Those Most Likely to Commit Crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoey

Banned
In the name of safety above everything we're really going to burn our civilization to the ground, aren't we ?

I swear I don't even want to think about what society will look like in 25 years.

In 25 years the Earth will be recycled for the rise of the Myrmidons.

When do they start targeting those who may give birth to someone that may commit a crime?

We've seen cops beat on pregnant women before.

At least Cap stopped a more hardcore version of Project Insight.

Cap's dead in this reality, the Hate-monger won.

Kinyou

Can AIs be racist?

QKdcuri.jpg

In the name of safety above everything we're really going to burn our civilization to the ground, aren't we ?

I swear I don't even want to think about what society will look like in 25 years.

You'd be surprised (or maybe not) by how many individuals don't mind monitoring others and putting them on lists for thought crimes or merely existing when they feel unsafe. Wide acceptance of the USA PATRIOT Act is a perfect example of this. If you scare people enough, they're willing to sacrifice their freedoms—especially if it doesn't impact them as much—for perceived safety/security.

ZenaxPure

So it's really come down to season 4 of Person of Interest

Would always crack me up in the past when someone would come into the POI thread and say that the show wasn't grounded in reality. Oh to be so naive.

I always say it but POI is the realistic version of events that are going to lead us to our dystopian cyberpunk future where machines controls us without us even realizing they exist. Every time I see a news story like this I am just like "whelp any day now."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom