• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans sold out their party for an easy win. Once Trump falls the Republicans will have nothing but "Nancy Pelosi! Abortion! Guns! Jesus!" and I'm not sure their base will show up enough to recover.

Zukkoyaki

What a moron.

I'm starting to feel much better about Trump being elected. It's given the Democrats a shot in the arm, shattered the Republican caucuses and since the president himself is a total moron it reflects poorly on the Republicans as a whole, and on top of that he's actively promoting infighting.
Certainly a lot of silver lining to be had. Still a lot of negative shit to wade through in the meantime.

Democrats want to release criminals onto the streets and ruin your healthcare.

Right exactly.

Though this shit never works. People don't care about minority parties; hell, they don't care about Congress in general! The majority of people think the President does everything and so any bad things that happen are on Trump; doubly any bad things that Republicans propose like AHCA. (God that was a good week or two. Daily stories about people, even within the GOP, mocking the shitty thing.)

The Trump administration can barely handle the nuclear issue with North Korea let alone a potential Iran crisis. We barely avoided a meltdown when Bibi almost lost his mind in 2012.

Ac30

Certainly a lot of silver lining to be had. Still a lot of negative shit to wade through in the meantime.

I had night terrors on Nov 8th, now I sleep easy knowing that the courts are keeping him in line and the Republicans have all three houses and yet still can't find consensus on Health Care. Plus, now that McMaster and Mattis are running FP at least I won't die in my sleep.

Pity about the Clean Power Plan though, fucking Scott Pruitt can eat shit.

Remember that Sean guy from RCP who was like "Ossoff could get blow 40% because he's losing .4% with every precinct". Stupid RCP.

You have to hand it to RCP. They've managed to get people to take them seriously despite this.

November 6, 2000
RCP Electoral College Analysis: Bush 446 Gore 92
Bush 51.2 Gore 41.8 Nader 5.7

Highlights.

Illinois
Illinois has leaned Democratic in recent Presidential elections and Gore has been solidly ahead since the Democratic convention. However, like everywhere else, Bush now has the momentum. With no Senate or Governor race, turnout here will be key and a less than enthusiastic black vote in Chicago could give Bush a real chance. RCP Final call: Bush By 2

Reality: Gore by 12

California
The Gore campaign is wisely taking California for granted, they have no other choice if they want to win the election. However, like WA and OR, if Gore is preceived to be the definite loser going in to election day, left-wing Democrats will vote for Nader. These two combinations coupled with the Bush campaign's fight for the state gives Bush a real chance for California. RCP Final call: Bush By 2

Reality: Gore by 12

Delaware
More problems for Gore. He should be up by 6-10 points, not 2. With Delaware's tendencies to vote for the eventual winner, Bush has the momentum. RCP Final call: Bush By 4

Reality: Gore by 13

Nationally
We continue to see a landslide of over 400 electoral votes and a Bush win by 7-10 points. We will have to wait until tomorrow to see whether the "tightening polls" may have worked to save Illinois, California, Minnesota and a few others for the Vice President.

Reality: Well, you know.

Really the entire thing is a great read.

Wait am I reading this right? He's winning the district by like 30 goddamn points so far? How does this go bad for us in a run off?
Now that the Republicans have consolidated into a single candidate it's easier to run attack ads against Ossoff and unify behind Handel.

Or so the logic goes, we'll see if it plays out in reality.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Now that the Republicans have consolidated into a single candidate it's easier to run attack ads against Ossoff and unify behind Handel.

Or so the logic goes, we'll see if it plays out in reality.

That would overcome a lead this big? Like, are we expecting Hendel's share to jump from 18% to 45% as the rest of the results come in?

But that would mean Dems also voting against the budget/funding govt. Media will bothside the story and say fc and Dems are responsible for the shutdown.

I mean, the media can "both sides" it as much as they want. If the government shuts down when the president's party controls both houses, the only voters who will blame the minority are hardcore partisans.

tbm24

Whatever the result, Ossoff has found himself gaining a very healthy amount of political capital with all this exposure. Much more so than the candidate in Kansas.

But that would mean Dems also voting against the budget/funding govt. Media will bothside the story and say fc and Dems are responsible for the shutdown.
Meh, doesn't matter. President's party catches the blame.

Media was chicken littling the Dems' chances in 2006 too iirc, I think only 08 was ever treated as a slam dunk.

JP_

Banned
No, 50%+1 vote.

Think he's talking about projecting current trends out to June's runoff -- what he needs today to be expected to win in June.

Personally, I'm not sure how accurate those projections will be -- hard to account for whatever response GOP/DEM will have between then and now.

Richard Spencer ended up speaking at Auburn tonight, federal judge ruled the university had to let him speak. Guess he and his alt-right dudes got literally chased off campus after he was done, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom