• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Gary Johnson supporter, Palmer Luckey, donated $100k to Trumps inauguration.

Who Is This "Shitposting" Tech Bro That Gave Trump $100,000 for His Inauguration?

Palmer Luckey, the 24-year-old tech wunderkind who co-founded the virtual-reality company Oculus, which Facebook bought for $2 billion in 2014, donated $100,000 to President Donald Trump's inaugural committee, putting him in the upper tier of contributors to the event.

On January 4, Trump's official inauguration committee received a $100,000 donation from a limited liability company named Wings of Time. The inauguration committee filings list an office tower in Los Angeles as the address for Wings of Time, but there is no individual's name associated with the organization.

California corporation records show a different address in the city of Long Beach for Wings of Time. That address matches the one used by Luckey on various occasions for different business projects.

Luckey has a separate company, Luckey Arms LLC, registered at the same address as the one listed by Wings of Time in the inauguration donation records. And California corporation records list another corporation as the manager of Wings of Time LLC, an entity called Fiendlord's Keep, Inc. Luckey is listed in the records as the sole officer for Fiendlord's Keep. Luckey and his attorney did not respond to requests for comment.

And for those who are curious, Wings of Time and Fiendlord's Keep aren't random names. They're elements from a popular video game originally for Super Nintendo called Chrono Trigger. According to a 2015 Forbes profile, Chrono Trigger is one of Luckey's favorite games.

Tommy DJ

Gary Johnson supporter, Palmer Luckey, donated $100k to Trumps inauguration.

I'm aware this is a forum for video games but I swear people who choose to define themselves by naming and associating their entire lives with video games are complete shitlords.

I mean, that isn't unsurprising that people obsessed with a single hobby can be a little strange but its literally never positive when its video games.

I'm aware this is a forum for video games but I swear people who choose to define themselves by naming and associating their entire lives with video games are complete shitlords.

I mean, that isn't unsurprising that people obsessed with a single hobby can be a little strange but its literally never positive when its video games.
exPAzXE.jpg

Don't fuck with us, Tommy DJ.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

He is ceo of a (primarily) gaming hardware company so it's more than a "hobby".

Tommy DJ

What would you name your shell company?

I dunno, probably something that doesn't bring attention to itself? Shit, instead of Wings of Time you could have just gone for Epoch if you really wanted something from Chrono Trigger.

Naming your shell company Wings of Time or Fiendlord's Keep is not remotely in the same league as, say, Tim Duncan naming his daughter Quill of Guardians of the Galaxy fame.

Zukkoyaki

I'm catching up on the Palmer Luckey saga and it's... Something for sure. On a related note, Colin Moriarty chimed in on the situation:

colin1.png

Slizeezyc

Haha oh Colin. At least he's embraced it I guess. Also the "he has money so lol at you" isn't really cogent. Isn't that like the Notch defense? People with money can do questionable things and who cares if they're mocked because they're rich?

Zukkoyaki

Haha oh Colin. At least he's embraced it I guess. Also the "he has money so lol at you" isn't really cogent. Isn't that like the Notch defense?
More or less. He's gone completely down the rabbit hole, been a long time coming as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him morph into a conservative icon similar to the folks you see on Fox and such.

Slizeezyc

More or less. He's gone completely down the rabbit hole, been a long time coming as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see him morph into a conservative icon similar to the folks you see on Fox and such.

I mean he's got a good Patreon started and such. I think he just likes shitposting, doesn't really have grand aspirations to be a conservative icon -- think he shits on the Palmer Luckeys of the world generally speaking still, just under the guise of "don't scoff at middle american white people or you get Trump" concept.

But being a decent human and conservative in America is a tricky life to lead at this point.

Sianos

I'm catching up on the Palmer Luckey saga and it's... Something for sure. On a related note, Colin Moriarty chimed in on the situation:

colin1.png
you're not helping his image out, colin

palmer is a big boy who literally invests money in shitposting, i think he should be able to handle the dangers of the trade

Wait is that comic above a real thing that's not a joke? What the fuck? Can I get some context?

I think it was back from the days when that one disbarred lawyer guy was trying to make a name for himself by blaming videogames for society's ills and shit

fake-edit: googled "lawyer blames videogames" and got the name: Jack Thompson

Either way it was cringe-inducing as fuck

chadskin

A Russian government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump and undermine voters’ faith in the American electoral system, three current and four former U.S. officials told Reuters.
A second institute document, drafted in October and distributed in the same way, warned that Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was likely to win the election. For that reason, it argued, it was better for Russia to end its pro-Trump propaganda and instead intensify its messaging about voter fraud to undermine the U.S. electoral system’s legitimacy and damage Clinton’s reputation in an effort to undermine her presidency, the seven officials said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-election-exclusive-idUSKBN17L2N3

For weeks, Trump has been warning about rigged elections. He urged his supporters in Ambridge, Pennsylvania, on Oct. 10 to monitor polls and “watch other communities, because we don’t want this election stolen from us.”

In a speech in Wisconsin on Oct. 17, Trump provided some detail and purported evidence to back up his claims about the prevalence of voter fraud, particularly by noncitizens and people casting ballots on behalf of deceased voters. But we found that his evidence is lacking.
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/10/trumps-bogus-voter-fraud-claims/

🤔

Teggy

I know I shit on a lot of right wingers, but it's usually because they are terrible human beings like Steve King. When it goes the other way, the reasoning seems to always be "x person is boring," "x person is ugly," or "x person likes poor people/immigrants."

I know I shit on a lot of right wingers, but it's usually because they are terrible human beings like Steve King. When it goes the other way, the reasoning seems to always be "x person is boring," "x person is ugly," or "x person likes poor people/immigrants."
That's because conservative ideology is all about feeling superior to everyone else. It's the gossips at church who revel in virtue signaling, or the queen bee of the high school clique bullying the nerds. When America does elect a Democrat it's the equivalent of the cheerleader taking the nice geek to prom and it drives them up a wall.

Someone dug up a speech Norm Coleman (R Senator from Minnesota) made when he was a hippie. Peace and love, right? No, he spent the speech shitting on young professionals and making fun of them for never partying or having sex. If you wonder why young liberals turn into old conservatives it's because it was a status symbol, not what they actually believed.

This is the same guy who wrote a comic about his girlfriend's miscarriage, I assumed it was real.

This was such a wonderful time to be on the internet.

Also I just found out that Handel was the one who got the Susan G. Komen foundation to drop their planned parenthood funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom